Doug King Takeover (9 Viewers)

Samo

Oh 100%, I'm big enough to take it. Been peppered on here a few times tbh i think it turns me on

Had this happened back in March before WASPs went belly up, then I would have had more confidence in it, it just seemed opportunistic with the stadium potentially going to Ashley that it was a last desperate attempt to derail it. A £25m conditional offer, with no serious due diligence was seen by the administrator for what it was. IMO this hasn't got over the line because SISU/King haven't really got the appetite for it. could be wrong.

Just out of interest, why do you call them WASPs ?

itsabuzzard

So why did FG buy the CBS, if it wasn't to ultimately own the football club. Only my opinion, but pretty sure they didn't buy it to rent out cheaply. We will end up paying more rent than we ever have before. Only way forward is for them to own us.
It might be the way forward for the club, but I can't see why it's in FG's interest to buy a business that swallows money, when they can sit back and rake in the rent. I dread to think what's going to happen when the licence is up for renewal.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Pusb1

"The King takeover has been waiting for EFL approval for several weeks but it’s understood that the football governing body has completed all of its checks and ratified the change of ownership."

Samo

"The King takeover has been waiting for EFL approval for several weeks but it’s understood that the football governing body has completed all of its checks and ratified the change of ownership."

Why don't they announce it then? Are they fucking sadists?

duffer

Had this happened back in March before WASPs went belly up, then I would have had more confidence in it, it just seemed opportunistic with the stadium potentially going to Ashley that it was a last desperate attempt to derail it. A £25m conditional offer, with no serious due diligence was seen by the administrator for what it was. IMO this hasn't got over the line because SISU/King haven't really got the appetite for it. could be wrong.

That's exactly what worries me too. The timing of the King bid was very odd and very last minute. Nothing about it seems organised or straightforward, and the EFL delays only add to that suspicion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted to see the back of SISU, but it just feels 'off' somehow and the longer it takes the more fishy it smells. Sincerely hope I'm proven wrong, it certainly wouldn't be the first time. 😁

Edit: And if it really has just been ratified, then I've been shown up in record time! Should really read the whole thread before replying. 🤦‍♂️

Senior Vick from Alicante

It might be the way forward for the club, but I can't see why it's in FG's interest to buy a business that swallows money, when they can sit back and rake in the rent. I dread to think what's going to happen when the licence is up for renewal.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

As much as some may like the idea and that includes me, FG Group are buying lots of different assets at the moment, they are reporting 2.6 billion turnover with profits some where around 450 million. One would presume they buy to reduce the tax liability, think of them as a successful version of Sisu, they purchase distressed companys and turn them round rather than take money out. Not saying that it wont happen in the future as Fraser Group as shirt sponsor but cant see it at the minute.

duffer

Actually, I'm blaming the typically shite level of journalism in the CET for the endless speculation and stress here.

More of this "it's understood that the EFL have ratified the deal".

Andy Turner et al, if you do read this, the CET has gone from a respected newspaper to an absolute clickbait rag that also has the ugliest user interface I've had the misfortune to deal with.

Presumably you trained as a journalist so you should know how to verify and report actual news - go tell your bosses that you'd like to try working as one for a change.

Nick

Administrator
Turner got some shit last week for a misleading headline about Gyo being sold. He just plays dumb.

Better off just saying "I've got bills to pay".

Hobo

Why don't they announce it then? Are they fucking sadists?

Perhaps waiting for first transfer deal to be done and announce both at same time?

SkyBlueMatt

Actually, I'm blaming the typically shite level of journalism in the CET for the endless speculation and stress here.

More of this "it's understood that the EFL have ratified the deal".

Andy Turner et al, if you do read this, the CET has gone from a respected newspaper to an absolute clickbait rag that also has the ugliest user interface I've had the misfortune to deal with.

Presumably you trained as a journalist so you should know how to verify and report actual news - go tell your bosses that you'd like to try working as one for a change.

The CoventryLive website (and all sister sites) are an absolute shambles. I understand why they pump the page with countless ads but they do everything wrong. From the content shifts, the pop ups and the 'read more' links which causes you to repeat all the problems on the first load.

It's what happens when you hire 2 bit agencies.

Macca1987

We need something concrete this week, time is slipping away for signings to come in, my fear is it will drag on and on and then either gets the nod but too late to sign anyone decent, or fails and we have SISU as usual, so fire sale

WestEndAgro

I’ve got bills too-they’re multiplying. And I’m losing control.
ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Hobo

Pointless, just announce it if it’s done. Put fans out of their misery.

Then they will just be in misery because a signing hasnt been made. Been around City fans too long.

Hobo

We need something concrete this week, time is slipping away for signings to come in, my fear is it will drag on and on and then either gets the nod but too late to sign anyone decent, or fails and we have SISU as usual, so fire sale

The fire sale people keep predicting but hasn't happened yet?

alexccfc99

We must have the worst local press coverage of any of the clubs in the Premier League/Championship

The Telegraph never get an ‘exclusive’ they’re always just piggy backing off stories other news outlets run, do they even get access to the players/manager nowadays? I know all that stopped when they publicly called for SISU to sell the club years ago but did they ever manage to build any bridges after that

shmmeee

Turner got some shit last week for a misleading headline about Gyo being sold. He just plays dumb.

Better off just saying "I've got bills to pay".

Turner won’t write the headlines. That’ll be some gimp whose job is to make it most clickbaity like all newspapers.

shmmeee

Pointless, just announce it if it’s done. Put fans out of their misery.

Why? I mean you’ve come this far, if you think there’s a decent signing close to completion why not wait? I’m fact surely you don’t want everyone knowing you’ve just been taken over while negotiating with the other club?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We must have the worst local press coverage of any of the clubs in the Premier League/Championship

The Telegraph never get an ‘exclusive’ they’re always just piggy backing off stories other news outlets run, do they even get access to the players/manager nowadays? I know all that stopped when they publicly called for SISU to sell the club years ago but did they ever manage to build any bridges after that
That’s what happens when you piss off the club in favour of a drop in rugby team

Cata

I may have this wrong, but my understanding was that MA had the administrators preferred bidder sown up by agreeing to pay the £1.2m upfront that they needed to keep the arena open. (selling as a going concern is the main task of an administrator) So that is why his lower overall bid was accepted. Not sure if that agreement was reached before or after the £25m bid, but I would guess just before. A smart move by MA in any case

Senior Vick from Alicante

Think thats the the reason, the owners thought why should we interact if you write leaders that criticise and Turner got cold shouldered and offered the minimum.

Grendel

I may have this wrong, but my understanding was that MA had the administrators preferred bidder sown up by agreeing to pay the £1.2m upfront that they needed to keep the arena open. (selling as a going concern is the main task of an administrator) So that is why his lower overall bid was accepted. Not sure if that agreement was reached before or after the £25m bid, but I would guess just before. A smart move by MA in any case

King offered the same but the bid was subject to due dillegence. He could have pulled out after a week and plunged the business into administration

Evo1883

Does anybody think we will be better off under a doug king ownership ?

Just curious what people are expecting

Users who are viewing this thread