DOUG KING - SHILL (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Ever since Mike Ashley secured ownership of the CBS arena complex, I’ve always been convinced that he would ultimately end up owning the football club CCFC, i was never really convinced by Doug King and the way he suddenly popped up from nowhere and quickly removed the previously immovable object known as SISU.
I’m now absolutely convinced that this was a 3 way agreement from the beginning involving Mike Ashley, SISU, and Doug King, all would have had very valid reasons for doing it this way.

1, For SISU it would have meant a quick and relatively quiet exit from a situation they had no wish to be involved with, they’ve pretty much vanished off the face of the earth which pleases the fan base and indicates they were happy with their share.

2, For DK it’s a ‘win win’ will no doubt be looked after very well financially, both his business and personal profile have been propelled beyond his wildest dreams, I would imagine a comfy seat on the board is assured once everything falls into place.

3, For Mike Ashley it just makes sense, can you imagine the fan’s reaction if Mike Ashley had replaced SISU and then embarked on restructuring the club financially ie: hefty ST & Corporate price rises across the board, new replica kits apparently facing a big hike as well.
Mike knows its wise to have the acceptable face of Doug King, oversee the announcements and implementation of anything that would be likely to cause friction between Mike and the fan base ‘especially as the fan base were already voicing displeasure at the notion of him coming in.

bigfatronssba

Why would Mike Ashley issue an eviction notice to his own football club?

Deity

Ever since Mike Ashley secured ownership of the CBS arena complex, I’ve always been convinced that he would ultimately end up owning the football club CCFC, i was never really convinced by Doug King and the way he suddenly popped up from nowhere and quickly removed the previously immovable object known as SISU.
I’m now absolutely convinced that this was a 3 way agreement from the beginning involving Mike Ashley, SISU, and Doug King, all would have had very valid reasons for doing it this way.

1, For SISU it would have meant a quick and relatively quiet exit from a situation they had no wish to be involved with, they’ve pretty much vanished off the face of the earth which pleases the fan base and indicates they were happy with their share.

2, For DK it’s a ‘win win’ will no doubt be looked after very well financially, both his business and personal profile have been propelled beyond his wildest dreams, I would imagine a comfy seat on the board is assured once everything falls into place.

3, For Mike Ashley it just makes sense, can you imagine the fan’s reaction if Mike Ashley had replaced SISU and then embarked on restructuring the club financially ie: hefty ST & Corporate price rises across the board, new replica kits apparently facing a big hike as well.
Mike knows its wise to have the acceptable face of Doug King, oversee the announcements and implementation of anything that would be likely to cause friction between Mike and the fan base ‘especially as the fan base were already voicing displeasure at the notion of him coming in.
Anyone who has ever done business with Mike Ashley will tell you that the one thing he doesn’t care about his public opinion.

Deity

He didn’t really tho did he, he merely followed the usual protocol for that particular situation.
Secret owner serves notice on his own business only to agree a new agreement … doesn’t sound like normal lease protocol to me ….

djr8369

Why the middle man? Doesn’t seem to serve a purpose at all. If he warned a popular figure head he wouldn’t use a random bloke who sells rapeseed oil he would use a former coach or player, or well known local businessman the fan base knows (like Overson!).

The simplest explanation is SISU saw an opportunity to offload to someone they had a relationship with and was fairly local and into sport. King gets a champ level club at a bargain price but is unprepared and hence didn’t have a plan for the stadium and is now aghast at operating losses and looking for revenue wherever he can.

stupot07

Why the middle man? Doesn’t seem to serve a purpose at all. If he warned a popular figure head he wouldn’t use a random bloke who sells rapeseed oil he would use a former coach or player, or well known local businessman the fan base knows (like Overson!).

The simplest explanation is SISU saw an opportunity to offload to someone they had a relationship with and was fairly local and into sport. King gets a champ level club at a bargain price but is unprepared and hence didn’t have a plan for the stadium and is now aghast at operating losses and looking for revenue wherever he can.
Yeah, in a nutshell. I don't think there's any big conspiracy here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Anyone who has ever done business with Mike Ashley will tell you that the one thing he doesn’t care about his public opinion.
I completely disagree.
If the public opinion in question was detrimental to his business interests, he would be very concerned.

I’m not saying he wants DK to take the flack because the negative publicity and feedback hurts his feelings, I’m saying he wants DK to take the flack because it makes sound business sense.

Of all the people you know who have had dealings with MA, 🤔 would they agree he knows his buisness ?

Hobo

If Mike Ashley wanted Coventry City he would already be the owner. He doesn't want us because he would have to invest his own money in us. He likes businesses where he can restructure the existing finances and kick them on.

Deity

I completely disagree.
If the public opinion in question was detrimental to his business interests, he would be very concerned.

I’m not saying he wants DK to take the flack because the negative publicity and feedback hurts his feelings, I’m saying he wants DK to take the flack because it makes sound business sense.

Of all the people you know who have had dealings with MA, 🤔 would they agree he knows his buisness ?
Brilliant business man but literally does not give a f@ck about anyone’s views

skybluetony176

I can’t imagine for one minute that Mike Ashley is so sensitive and fragile that he needs a stooge to fake takeover the club and implement the changes he wants in case some fans might disagree with his approach and say some nasty things to him.

Brylowes

So he’s a brilliant businessman and he’s buying a football cub, he has two ways of doing so.
a, He charges in like a bull in a China shop upsetting the fan base, creating negative press and possibly creating instability in the dressing room.
Or.
b, He bides his time and prepares the ground, he installs a potentily damaging new pay structure and then comes in when the time is risn’t.
The good businessman would go for b wouldn’t he ‘as that’s the good business decision.

Deity

So he’s a brilliant businessman and he’s buying a football cub, he has two ways of doing so.
a, He charges in like a bull in a China shop upsetting the fan base, creating negative press and possibly creating instability in the dressing room.
Or.
b, He bides his time and prepares the ground, he installs a potentily damaging new pay structure and then comes in when the time is risn’t.
The good businessman would go for b wouldn’t he ‘as that’s the good business decision.
But it’s not his style. He’s an old school bruiser. I see the logic of your theory but it doesn’t fit the individual.

SkyBlueMatt

7r15m8.jpg

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

skyblu3sk

I think the club is still up for sale even if Mike isn't interested. Doug doesn't have the cash to take us to the next level and he knows it. I think he brought the club on the cheap hoping to align it with the stadium (probably a kick back for sisu on the next sale) that protected the club from anyone who could distress it and get it cheap as he has the cash to cover the day to day. He didn't get the stadium so is now restructuring maximising revenue to make the club look like a better bet. He's probably hoping Mike does come in and he flips a quick profit. All of this is conjecture but its fairly standard for hedge funds/investors.

slowpoke

I think the club is still up for sale even if Mike isn't interested. Doug doesn't have the cash to take us to the next level and he knows it. I think he brought the club on the cheap hoping to align it with the stadium (probably a kick back for sisu on the next sale) that protected the club from anyone who could distress it and get it cheap as he has the cash to cover the day to day. He didn't get the stadium so is now restructuring maximising revenue to make the club look like a better bet. He's probably hoping Mike does come in and he flips a quick profit. All of this is conjecture but its fairly standard for hedge funds/investors.
Why are you saying the club is up for sale ? is it just because we haven’t signed players yet, to me he bought the club and currently the business he has bought is upgrading the training ground to and I quote Mark Robins a top class facility, the ground situation has been secured,
season tickets are at record sales, the football club is starting to look a proper professional club from top to bottom, King has only been here since January ffs!

Grendel

What’s brilliant about him?

Manchester_sky_blue

Hmmmm yes, Mike Ashley is well known for being a sensitive sort of chap who gives a shit about what people think of him.

skyblu3sk

Why are you saying the club is up for sale ? is it just because we haven’t signed players yet, to me he bought the club and currently the business he has bought is upgrading the training ground to and I quote Mark Robins a top class facility, the ground situation has been secured,
season tickets are at record sales, the football club is starting to look a proper professional club from top to bottom, King has only been here since January ffs!
Nothing to do with players at all it's to do with some of the actions you say above. Investing in tangible assets. Shouting about record season ticket sales etc. Clear out at management layer (back office). Attempt to increase revenue etc the interesting thing will be if he tries to keep down costs as normally when a company is being ready to be sold costs are kept artificially low to show it in its best possible light. The main thing for me is he won't have the pockets for Premiership football. He may be in it for the long haul and this is all opinion but I think he will flip us first time he can gain a profit.

Users who are viewing this thread