Doug King Loves it (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

Interesting really would have thought robins would have said he hadn’t deserved it. However he was right next to him so probably a discussion they’d had
I was talking about his celebration in these videos but Robins will want him down there breathing it all in. Makes it easier next time he wants to crack the wallet and shows a cohesive unit to the supporters.

Adge

Think ole Bods may be on borrowed time and out of the door come the summer. Last of the Stooges to go.

Brylowes

The blokes class as far as I’m concerned, my son my nephew and his 2 children traveled up for the game from the east coast, I was unable to get a ticket ‘though it was a tentative effort on my part due to other issues.
On full time Will King messaged my nephew to see if they were still at the ground, told them to meet him in the main stand concourse.

Took them all up to the board room where they met Doug King, Hamer, Jude Bellingham among many many others, encouraged to make use of the free-bar and hot buffet 😁 my lad is 22 and in all those 22 years I’ve never seen him so excited and loving life🥳🥳

Something tells me we’re into something good PUSB💙
1682875115604.jpeg

Brylowes

The blokes class as far as I’m concerned, my son my nephew and his 2 children traveled up for the game from the east coast, I was unable to get a ticket ‘though it was a tentative effort on my part due to other issues.
On full time Will King messaged my nephew to see if they were still at the ground, told them to meet him in the main stand concourse.

Took them all up to the board room where they met Doug King, Hamer, Jude Bellingham among many many others, encouraged to make use of the free-bar and hot buffet 😁 my lad is 22 and in all those 22 years I’ve never seen him so excited and loving life🥳🥳

Something tells me we’re into something good PUSB💙
View attachment 29310
1682878318423.jpeg

rexo87

Took them all up to the board room where they met Doug King, Hamer, Jude Bellingham among many many others, encouraged to make use of the free-bar and hot buffet my lad is 22 and in all those 22 years I’ve never seen him so excited and loving life

Something tells me we’re into something good PUSB
View attachment 29310
That's so good. I know Will King gets a bit of stick on here but seems like a lovely bloke. Maybe a bit over the top at times but I'd rather that.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Bournemouth getting high praise on MOTD tonight for putting together a starting eleven that only cost £104 million in transfer fees. No trace of irony.
God knows what the wage bill is. The Prem is like another planet.

If we somehow did manage a promotion, I would be very tempted to invest very little, come back down with the £100m, buy the ground, put the rest towards the team, and fly back up.

Even if we didn't buy a single new player, I would bet our current squad would at least get enough points for a dignified relegation. We would certainly beat Derby's 11 points total.

rob9872

If we somehow did manage a promotion, I would be very tempted to invest very little, come back down with the £100m, buy the ground, put the rest towards the team, and fly back up.

Even if we didn't buy a single new player, I would bet our current squad would at least get enough points for a dignified relegation. We would certainly beat Derby's 11 points total.
Pretty much echoes what I've been saying and could secure us to be decent for a long time ahead. The difficulty is everything that's happened would be forgotten. Doug would be pantomime villain for not spending enough and bottom of the league in November, the bed wetter would be calling for Robins head saying he's lost the dressing room or taken us as far as he can go. Sad but reality of a football fanbase and not just ours.

pipkin73

Pretty much echoes what I've been saying and could secure us to be decent for a long time ahead. The difficulty is everything that's happened would be forgotten. Doug would be pantomime villain for not spending enough and bottom of the league in November, the bed wetter would be calling for Robins head saying he's lost the dressing room or taken us as far as he can go. Sad but reality of a football fanbase and not just ours.
You are right in all of that. I don't want us to buy 3 teams worth of players like Forest have.

Spend maybe 20-25 million of the 100 million on players who will stay with us should we go down, bank the rest for wages etc but mainly keep most of it to make sure (if/when) we go back down we can afford to keep the squad together without going in to debt for it.

Gives us a strong team the following season and lets hope we can yo yo a little until we build the entire infrastructure of the club so when we do go back rebuilt we can do another 34 years .

I think it's a season or 2 too early for this squad BUT if it's there then let's take it and deal with the staying-up crap after.

Who would bet against MR and AV somehow keeping us up, i wouldn't.

No matter what they face they always seem to find a way. Let's face it a point average a game could keep us up.

Grendel

Buying the ground is the last thing you’d do. Pay a full protected sub lease for 125 years yes - buy no.

The reality is they’d have to find wages to at least have some competitive edge.

Norwich are often cited on here as a club that accumulates money and moves between leagues. It’s gross wages were £117 million in its relegation year. Players won’t be playing in that league for anyone in the wages we are offering now.

Brylowes

Pretty much Norwich City’s modus operandi for the last 20 years, 6 promotions and 6 relegations during that relatively short period, so that’s 6 x promotion windfalls and 6 x parachute payments whilst at the same time ensuring the fan-base are always interested as more often than not ‘they’re either fighting for promotion in the championship or fighting against relegation in the premier league.

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

I disagree. There’d be calls for Robins head after the first two games if we hadn’t won one of them. Using the first games back in League One after promotion as a case in point. We lost to Scunthorpe at home (unluckily) and held Wimbledon 0-0 away in the next game. Robins was getting dogs abuse on here, two matches after beating Exeter at Wembley, three games after the wonderful Notts County game. For some, instant and continued success is the only measure of a manager who knows what he is doing. No account seems to be taken of current circumstances or past history.

Grendel

Pretty much Norwich City’s modus operandi for the last 20 years, 6 promotions and 6 relegations during that relatively short period, so that’s 6 x promotion windfalls and 6 x parachute payments whilst at the same time ensuring the fan-base are always interested as more often than not ‘they’re either fighting for promotion in the championship or fighting against relegation in the premier league.

This is something of a myth

Wages £117 million
Net transfer spend £49 million
Losses £23 million (mainly due to player purchases as turnover was £133 million)
They have borrowed £50m from an external source against future earnings
looks a mess now they haven’t got back up

Sky Blue Pete

I disagree. There’d be calls for Robins head after the first two games if we hadn’t won one of them. Using the first games back in League One after promotion as a case in point. We lost to Scunthorpe at home (unluckily) and held Wimbledon 0-0 away in the next game. Robins was getting dogs abuse on here, two matches after beating Exeter at Wembley, three games after the wonderful Notts County game. For some, instant and continued success is the only measure of a manager who knows what he is doing. No account seems to be taken of current circumstances or past history.
Some wouldn’t give him 2 games

Brighton Sky Blue

In Football Manager parlance, the objective would be 'attempt to fight bravely against relegation'. Of course some fans would start getting trigger happy being bottom of the table, I'd like to think just as many if not more would do the opposite.

Brylowes

This is something of a myth

Wages £117 million
Net transfer spend £49 million
Losses £23 million (mainly due to player purchases as turnover was £133 million)
They have borrowed £50m from an external source against future earnings
looks a mess now they haven’t got back up
Oh I agree, I didn’t say it was a sound business model ‘just that it was there’s…

some people seem to think that promotion immediately brings untold riches and guarantees your clubs stability going forward, the riches are there ‘no doubt’ but the majority of it is swallowed up by out of control wages.

djr8369

From what DK has said I get the feeling that is broadly the plan should we make it up.

Users who are viewing this thread