dont look here look at them....... (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
The same could be said about "council lovers". I think you would struggle to find a poster that has never said anything bad against the council.

Likewise, I don't think you would find a post saying how proud somebody is of SISU (RFC doesn't count in anything).

duffer

The same could be said about "council lovers". I think you would struggle to find a poster that has never said anything bad against the council.

No argument here, although I think I'd accept that I've taken their side more than many for a large part of this. That's probably why I feel so thoroughly pissed off about what's now happened.

Nick

Administrator
As much as I'm still seething about this wasps deal, it is strange that les reid is making "exclusives" out of old news.

We know they were pushing for the freehold (he reported it after all) and then said they would be interested in a long lease.

We know that lucas said a deal with sisu would be done "when hell freezes over." Nothing new here.

Is it diversion? I'm fed up of it all to be honest. This journalism war is worth fuck all to us now. The council fucked us over, while sisu still prove daily they are piss poor at running a football club. Happy to waste money on appeals though.

to be fair, I thought Mutton said that? Not Anne?

Gosford Green

The JR was damming almost to the point of calling SISU crooks, the appeal failed now they are trying for an oral appeal, or whatever the next legal liferaft is called. The Ricoh had gone, CCC have gone from having control what so ever in football club matters yet SISU are obsessed with a stadium they told anyone who would listen they did not want. Lawyers cost even more than footballers which could explain the lack of window activity.

SISU are now picking a fight with the new owners, worryingly they are from the same mold as SISU and might not take or put up with endless court cases and withheld rent. We might turn up at the Ricoh one Saturday and find it locked !

The original post was a very accurate summary of where the club is at.

Last edited:

tisza

can someone actually highlight for me what is new information in these articles that didn't appear in the JR?

lewys33

For what it's worth OSB does make valid points. Is it a diversion technique?

Seems strange how the "sisu out" protest happened and all of a sudden we have "exclusives" (no new information, all in public domain) come out damming the council.

Just a passing thought.........

lewys33

PS I think it's right to hate the council over this. I certainly do. Just the timing of these "exclusives" could be considered suspect.

Nick

Administrator
For what it's worth OSB does make valid points. Is it a diversion technique?

Seems strange how the "sisu out" protest happened and all of a sudden we have "exclusives" (no new information, all in public domain) come out damming the council.

Just a passing thought.........

A lot of it is the stuff that people were talking about then isn't it? I must admit some of it I had filed away in the bullshit drawer but now they are showing the evidence with it I guess to back it up.

Nonleagueherewecome

Who has said that? You are talking absolute bollocks for a change.

Weren't you making banners shouting how great SISU were?

The same way you spoke about locals at Northampton I guess and then totally went against that.

You don't seem to be able to think for yourself, just go with the "majority". As well as just coming out with random shit that isn't related to anything going on.

I agree with him totally, only I wasn't ever a SISU fan and I hate Wasps ;)

lewys33

A lot of it is the stuff that people were talking about then isn't it? I must admit some of it I had filed away in the bullshit drawer but now they are showing the evidence with it I guess to back it up.

I didn't really think it was bullshit I just guess the relationship had got that bad. People say things all the time in the heat of the moment etc. But a little note from August 2013 shouldn't be an exclusive in 2015 especially when it was spoken about in court. Just seems strange timing.

Nick

Administrator
I didn't really think it was bullshit I just guess the relationship had got that bad. People say things all the time in the heat of the moment etc. But a little note from August 2013 shouldn't be an exclusive in 2015 especially when it was spoken about in court. Just seems strange timing.

I must have switched off when he said that, I filed it as bullshit at the time and watched the arsenal game in the background . It must mean you are a sisu lover to believe them and I am a council lover as I didnt ;)

torchomatic

lewys33

I must have switched off when he said that, I filed it as bullshit at the time and watched the arsenal game in the background . It must mean you are a sisu lover to believe them and I am a council lover as I didnt ;)

Well of course you are a council lover. I haven't heard you slate them once in the last comment or 2!

duffer

PS I think it's right to hate the council over this. I certainly do. Just the timing of these "exclusives" could be considered suspect.

Lewys, I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, possibly more. But for all that I'm not sure about JFK, I'm pretty certain we went to the moon. :)

Didn't the Reid article in question go to print before the appeal got to court? In fairness Reid's been breaking this over the last few weeks - I'm not sure I'd read too much into the timing here, personally.

lewys33

Lewys, I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, possibly more. But for all that I'm not sure about JFK, I'm pretty certain we went to the moon. :)

Didn't the Reid article in question go to print before the appeal got to court? In fairness Reid's been breaking this over the last few weeks - I'm not sure I'd read too much into the timing here, personally.

Which article mate? I'm not suggesting I believe the timing is related but I do like to stir the pot ;)

I've said before I think Les is a good journalist, but that doesn't mean I respect him. These exclusives are just non stories in my opinion, especially when it was himself who reported last year that sisu wanted the freehold.

Nonleagueherewecome

But don't you and some of the other posters think that with what has gone on and where we have ended up exactly the reason why people should be banging Sisu/Otium's fucking door down?

If we have no Ricoh to buy where is the new one?

Why didn't they pursue the Ricoh before the eleventh hour if they really wanted it?

Where are the new signings we were promised to improve our squad?

Why the fuck haven't they sacked Pressley?

What exactly are their intentions with CCFC?

The questions about CCC/ACL will I'm sure be rolled out in courts all over the land in the coming years but we as CCFC need answers from Sisu/Otium NOW because we are on the verge on falling into L2 and further into oblivion.

But hey, I'm sure we'll get shit loads more threads about the Council fucking us over and Wasps are bastards and asking them questions way before people start looking back at Sisu and where we are and what they propose to do about CCFC and sorting out the problems with the team/club.

That's the one that hacks me off most of all. That was obviously much worse for the future of the club than a little bit of spin from ACL about whether they needed us or not, yet the latter has hordes of anti-local government loonies up in arms and the former just got a *shrugs* response from the same people. At least he ACL spin was logical-of course if you're in financial trouble, you don't admit it to the people who are trying to distress you. Whereas SISU's bluffing was baffling, bizarre and totally counter-productive.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yh that's what I'm talking about. Hardly an exclusive. If people paid attention they would already have known months ago that she said that. It's all in the public domain.

Yet people still bang on about the 'conditions' SISU put into their offer for ACL but they never had any intention of selling to the club. We could have bid 50 million for 50% of ACL and the Wasps bid would still have been preferred.

Nonleagueherewecome

Will holding up a SISU out flag save us from relegation then?

Who only has a go at CCC and doesn't talk about football? Maybe we can keep an eye on the match threads then, I will be posting just as much during games or football related stuff)

I don't think I've ever seen Godiva on a match thread. Odd, that.

lewys33

Yet people still bang on about the 'conditions' SISU put into their offer for ACL but they never had any intention of selling to the club. We could have bid 50 million for 50% of ACL and the Wasps bid would still have been preferred.

Well yh it was set up for wasps wasn't it? Despicable.

I dunno about the 50 million though ;)

tisza

so several assumptions being made about old data. how about we won't accept the deal SISU have offered until hell freezes over rather than we won't deal with SIsU until hell freezes over?

Astute

Fuck me has this site been merged with GMK?

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah the old percentage of blame, been a while.

And what's your problem with quantifying blame? It's logical to be angrier about those who carry the bulk of the responsibility for the mess that the club is in, isn't it?

tisza

Wasn't the JR about whether it was illegal state aid, not whether CCC and ACL had been dicks to the football team?
the jr and the higgs judgments did include a lot of comment on the actions and behaviour of all the parties involved.

Users who are viewing this thread