Match Thread Doncaster Rovers vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 4th May (1 Viewer)

Adge

Feel sorry for people who have tickets for this game now , if our players perform like second half yesterday don’t bother going.
I hope not-and that may be the worry. I want us to go out on a high so it’s got to be the same/strongest team possible. I don’t want to be traveling there on Saturday and we use it as an experiment with half the academy team playing instead.

torchomatic

Tickets bought.
Travelodge booked.

Reactions: vow

SonofErnie

I hope not-and that may be the worry. I want us to go out on a high so it’s got to be the same/strongest team possible. I don’t want to be traveling there on Saturday and we use it as an experiment with half the academy team playing instead.

Given their result last night we owe it to Peterborough to play our strongest team and to try and get a result. I'm sure the EFL would take a dim view of wholesale changes being made.

covcity4life

would change it up now, no one cares if we end season on a loss

addai
grimmer
any cb pairing be it goodbye willis or the young u23s
mcallum
kelly
westbrooke
wakefield
bright
hiwulla
chaplin

torchomatic

Doncaster will be up for this now. The Peterborough result at Portsmouth means they're not guaranteed a PO spot now. I should hope Robins will play his strongest team.

SBAndy

I’d like to see Morgan Williams get another game. Looked quite handy when he played a few weeks back and with Willis likely off I think it’d be worth getting him more involved in the first team picture.

Liquid Gold

I hope we beat them and Peterborough knock them out of the playoffs. Revenge for their gloating after our relegation.

Paxman II

It's a conundrum really. Do you field a side with second string and fringe players to see how they cope at this level and handle the pressure considering Donny need at least a point?
Or do you field your strongest side in fairness to the league and Peterborough?

I would like to see a couple of changes now the result is a non event for us. Namely the keeper, Chaplin, Wakefield, and give Brown another game, Wakefield a start for example. But wholesale changes would not be in the spirit of competition.

We will lose this or draw at best. However field our strongest side, play well and a nervous bunch of Donny fans may end up hating us!

Over to you Robins...

skybluegod

It's a conundrum really. Do you field a side with second string and fringe players to see how they cope at this level and handle the pressure considering Donny need at least a point?
Or do you field your strongest side in fairness to the league and Peterborough?

I would like to see a couple of changes now the result is a non event for us. Namely the keeper, Chaplin, Wakefield, and give Brown another game, Wakefield a start for example. But wholesale changes would not be in the spirit of competition.

We will lose this or draw at best. However field our strongest side, play well and a nervous bunch of Donny fans may end up hating us!

Over to you Robins...

Agree with this, some changes but largely only a strong team.

Burge (As i don't think Addai is up to it)
Sterling-Williams- Hyam-Mason
Wakefield-Kelly-Shipley-Hiwula
-----Bright--
Chaplin

Bench:
Addai, Mcallum,Drysdale,Westbrooke, Thomas, Baka, Ponti

Try and remove the dependency on loans, unless Robins knows they are going to sign. Don't think Grimmer should come in and we have nobody to play the 10 other than bright.

Sky Blue Harry H

addai
grimmer
mcallum
kelly
westbrooke
wakefield
bright
hiwulla
chaplin
That mean you are not going then?

Adge

addai
grimmer
mcallum
kelly
westbrooke
wakefield
bright
hiwulla
chaplin
Balls to that! 2000 odd fans and try and experiment after we’ve just forked out-Na, I don’t think so. Save all that crap for next years JPT.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Burge

Sterling
Davies
Hyam
Mason

Shipley
Kelly

Thomas
Bright
Hiwula

Baka

Same team as last week, finish the season strongly with a win. No pissing around giving minutes to U23s

covcity4life

Balls to that! 2000 odd fans and try and experiment after we’ve just forked out-Na, I don’t think so. Save all that crap for next years JPT.
If those 2000 fans care more about a day out victory than a experiment that could help us long term(and maybe even win on the day) then i would be dissapointed

christonabike

If Addai is in goal expect a cricket score and cancel the hotel sharpish!
The fans deserve a decent team and performance.

chiefdave

Don't think you're going to learn much putting in players who have hardly played for one meaningless game at the end of the season. Stick with the same team and at least try to look like we give a shit.

Gibbo

Field a strong side but test couple of ideas - Wakefield maybe or Williams again

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not been on for over a month as been busy.

As for game - with nothing now to play for MR should be focused on 2 things:
1. Next season
2. Using the rare opportunity to give youngsters a bit of matchday experience

Don't care about league fairness etc - we do what's best for us and that is now looking towards next season/the future. Then pick the strongest team from that criteria but a fair number of our current first XI will or could be here next season, so we could field a strong team and still achieve point 1.

GK - All of our keepers could well be off this summer and I don't think Addai will be good enough and I'd release him, so Burge still in goal. Bilson on the bench.
RB - Sterling will likely be loaned to Champ next season but also likely Grimmer will be off to. Tempting to suggest Hickman on bench at least depending on his loan.
LB - Mason will be here next year so unchanged.
CB - Hyam and Davies if he's had his extension activated. One of Drysdale or Williams on the bench, esp if Willis is off. Even so, given his injury probs prob best to get him rested and get anything done as early as poss/ maximise recovery time ready for next season.
CM - Kelly and Shipley. Westbrooke bench.
ACM - Bright if he's likely to be here next season (hope so). If not maybe let Westbrooke have a go in this position with Bayliss out.
ILF - Hiwula - in form and still here next year. Burroughs bench.
IRF - Thomas if likely to be here - Wakefield if not though don't expect him to last 90 if he plays.
CF - Baka. Any of Chaplin, Bremang or Ponti on the bench. Part of me really wants to see Ponti given a match as I think he's the most natural poacher and goal scorer of all of them even though he's not the finished article but he's unlikely to last the game if he does.

__________________Burge
Sterling*______Hyam_______Davies*_________Mason
________Kelly_______Bright*_______Shipley
______Thomas*_____Baka*_______Hiwula

Subs: Bilson, Drysdale/Williams, Hickman* Westbrooke*, Burroughs, Wakefield*, Chaplin/Bremang/Ponti*

Sky Blue Harry H

See if we can set a league record for the most Jordans ever fielded in a starting eleven.

Edit - including Jordan Hiwula !

Adge

Nope. Ifollow 4 me

Wouldnt bother me if i was. I go to league cup and jpt games expecting massive rotation. Donny game is same opportunity for change now
Well if you’re not going obviously that’s why you are not fussed about rotation. 2000 odd others I think will/would be.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah it would be poor form to just throw loads of kids in, I don't think he will though.

covcity4life

Well if you’re not going obviously that’s why you are not fussed about rotation. 2000 odd others I think will/would be.
just said been to games expecting rotation and this would be no different. dont just repeat same thing again.

also the team i put out had what 4 or 5 changes? only 2 or 3 of them unexpected ones to boot. wakefield or chaplin getting a start really wouldnt be a big issue would it?

Users who are viewing this thread