Dogecoin (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

yes, typo above, meant 1318 - now edited

D

Deleted member 4439

All these exchanges, gold, crypto etc. What happens if you snuff it? How does someones family get there money?

If you keep physical gold, make sure someone knows where it is. As for any other form of investment it will go to whoever your bequeathed your estate to, whole or part. It's wise to keep a spreadsheet record of all of your savings and investments, with relevant account details and points of contact, and share on a regular (updated) basis with who you trust/a family member.

The advantage of having physical gold is that it's under the inheritance tax radar.

wingy

What a frustrating afternoon. For a week now I've been waiting for a year long savings investment to mature, with the intention of putting it into gold. All week, gold has been around £1272-88. Come today, when the money was available, the poor payroll figures had bumped it up to £1313. Typical says I, but go to buy.

Not a total surprise but the card was declined as a fraud prevention measure. I spent what seemed an absolute eternity on the phone to Lloyds to get the transaction cleared - I mean an eternity.

Despite this the card still wasn't being verified. I then found out I could a bank transfer instead. Meanwhile gold is now £1318, but ordered placed.

Go through all of the online login malarkey with the banks, complete all of the transaction details, asked to confirm with my password. A big red banner comes up (still in my Lloyds account) saying something along the lines of " are you sure you want to do this?", I click yes, and it says "we need to ring you to confirm" (automated call), go through that, fucking done after an hour.

Get a confirmation back from the bullion dealers saying they've received the funds but as it's over a certain amount they'll need either a passport or driving licence photographic ID.

I don't have either.

No wonder an independent crypto is the future.
Cor blimey technology hey.🙄😟

dutchman

What a frustrating afternoon. For a week now I've been waiting for a year long savings investment to mature, with the intention of putting it into gold. All week, gold has been around £1272-88. Come today, when the money was available, the poor payroll figures had bumped it up to £1313. Typical says I, but go to buy.

Not a total surprise but the card was declined as a fraud prevention measure. I spent what seemed an absolute eternity on the phone to Lloyds to get the transaction cleared - I mean an eternity.

Despite this the card still wasn't being verified. I then found out I could a bank transfer instead. Meanwhile gold is now £1318, but ordered placed.

Go through all of the online login malarkey with the banks, complete all of the transaction details, asked to confirm with my password. A big red banner comes up (still in my Lloyds account) saying something along the lines of " are you sure you want to do this?", I click yes, and it says "we need to ring you to confirm" (automated call), go through that, fucking done after an hour.

Get a confirmation back from the bullion dealers saying they've received the funds but as it's over a certain amount they'll need either a passport or driving licence photographic ID.

I don't have either.

No wonder an independent crypto is the future.
I think you'll find it's the same hassle when trying to buy crypto? It was for me anyway. I gave up in the end.

TM8792

I think you'll still need to upload a passport or photo driving license if buying/selling crypto on any of the major platforms as well.

Sbarcher

I think you'll find it's the same hassle when trying to buy crypto? It was for me anyway. I gave up in the end.
No problem with Etoro. Could not register with Coinbase due to no current photo id showing my new address. Etoro was straightforward just needed my NI number.
when buying physical gold you need to factor in additional VAT cost.

D

Deleted member 4439

I think you'll still need to upload a passport or photo driving license if buying/selling crypto on any of the major platforms as well.

yeh, you do, it was a bit a quip tbh

edit: I had do the same for etoro - they didn't look at the expiry date on my passport

Marty

It's NOT too late to get your ticket to the moon people.

WhatsApp-Image-2021-02-05-at-11.32.20-AM-768x626.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4439

"it’s a hustle"

To the Earth!!

Next one: SafeMoon

Last edited by a moderator:

clint van damme

"it’s a hustle"

To the Earth!!

And I allowed myself to be hustled!
Have done a bit of research into the other crypto I own but this was definitely a case of scared of missing out!
I will learn from this as Bob Servant says!

dutchman

The price of the cryptocurrency dogecoin plunged overnight as Tesla Inc. TSLA, +1.33% Chief executive — and crypto bull — Elon Musk hosted “Saturday Night Live.”

His backing of dogecoin has been a rallying point for the doge community, who had been eagerly anticipating his appearance, but dogecoin holders who had hoped his mention of the digital currency on national TV would boost its price toward $1 were left disappointed. After peaking around 70 cents just before “SNL” aired, dogecoin DOGEUSD, -32.67% prices slumped to 47 cents when the show started, before recovering at around 55 cents by 2 a.m. Eastern.

Online trading platform Robinhood was apparently overwhelmed by crypto traders, crashing briefly.

During the “Weekend Update” segment, co-anchors Michael Che and Colin Jost pressed a fictional financial expert named Lloyd Ostertag, who was played by Musk, to explain dogecoin. His efforts aren’t successful: “OK, but what is Dogecoin?” is the constant refrain of the anchors. Eventually, they reach the conclusion, prompted by Che, that dogecoin is just “a hustle.”

D

Deleted member 4439

And I allowed myself to be hustled!
Have done a bit of research into the other crypto I own but this was definitely a case of scared of missing out!
I will learn from this as Bob Servant says!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it recovered and took on a GME trading share feel.

D

Deleted member 4439

$DOGE what is happening. I’m in deep … 😂😬

$DOGE anyone think this will go up again? I am tempted to put another 12k on this so that I can hopefully cover my losses

$DOGE Should I sell or hold?

$DOGE What i should do? This son of s bitch elon fooled all of us.

$DOGE I'm kind of annoyed that etoro made this available right after the bull run. Now everyone has bought and are losing money. And they probably think they have solved things by limiting the amount people can purchase Etoro seems to be setting people up for failure

etc

Have you been missold an investment by etoro?

D

Deleted member 4439

dead dog bounce in play. This is defo gonna be GME 2

shmmeee

Fuck me Etherium has shot up!

Only put £30 play money in and it’s up to £80 this morning. Telling you it’s a decent long term bet along with BitCoin.

robbiekeane

Fuck me Etherium has shot up!

Only put £30 play money in and it’s up to £80 this morning. Telling you it’s a decent long term bet along with BitCoin.
50% of my savings is in Bitcoin, ETH, and Cardano (about 60% 20% and 20%).

Genuinely believe crypto is the future.

Users who are viewing this thread