Does at walk on water - ??? (3 Viewers)

Colonel Mustard

I do think people are being a tad harsh on Thorn here. He has had his hands tied behind his back and many restaints. He isn't to blame for all our woes.

He has got a degree of responisbility for our demise though and is culpable to some degree and has indeed cost us points. No getting away from that. Sisu by far and away shoulder a huge degree of the blame, but Thorn too has to put his hands up and accept that he does hold some culpability.

There are many factors responsible for our woes: SISU, Ranson, Dulieu, Coleman, Boothroyd, the fans in Coventry, Richardson, attitudes of players, lack of regulation in football, growth of the Premiership, etc.

Few people are being harsh on AT, Otis. He has been given an astonishingly fair ride by most fans, and those who ask for his removal do so with great justification. In all my years following CCFC it is the unconditional, unquestioning support of AT that is the most surreal episode I have ever witnessed. The Jesus comparison of this thread is not so far off the mark, because a lot of fans are willing to line up behind AT and quietly go down with the ship. No individual should be bigger than the club.

There are many factors responsible for our woes: SISU, Ranson, Dulieu, Coleman, Boothroyd, the fans in Coventry, Richardson, attitudes of players, lack of regulation in football, growth of the Premiership, etc.

Few people are being harsh on AT, Otis. He has been given an astonishingly fair ride by most fans, and those who ask for his removal do so with great justification. In all my years following CCFC it is the unconditional, unquestioning support of AT that is the most surreal episode I have ever witnessed. The Jesus comparison of this thread is not so far off the mark, because a lot of fans are willing to line up behind AT and quietly go down with the ship. No individual should be bigger than the club.

I think both sides of the divide look at things in rather too much of a black and white way. As a Cov fan who doesn't consider himself 'Thorn Out', I would categorically state that my support is not unconditional or unquestioning. We are bottom of the League, of course there are serious questions. Do the questions lead to 'great justification' in asking for his removal? Not in my opinion, but my opinion (formed in the context of our board and their likely willingness to spend money) only takes into account his team selection and tactics. If they were going to splash the cash on a new manager after a defeat tonight (and, make no mistake, employing anyone else bar Carsley or Gregor Rioch would constitute splashing the cash for SISU), I would feel that he hadn't had a fair crack of the whip (considering the financial implications of his reign), but I wouldn't mourn his loss incessantly. I am a Coventry fan. Just because I feel Andy Thorn gets undue stick on this forum does not mean I suddenly consider him bigger than the Club.

Users who are viewing this thread