Do you want to discuss boring politics? (11 Viewers)

shmmeee

Was also musing at the weekend whether any new social housing could have covenants included in the title that the property cannot be privately let.

I can’t have a funfair or chickens on my house because it’s ex council. Not sure what freeholder rights can be restricted but considering my deed says I’m not even allowed a hedge in the front garden without checking with the council, I can’t imagine this is beyond the wit of man (or lawyer).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can’t have a funfair or chickens on my house because it’s ex council. Not sure what freeholder rights can be restricted but considering my deed says I’m not even allowed a hedge in the front garden without checking with the council, I can’t imagine this is beyond the wit of man (or lawyer).
Seems mad in a day where we want to be eco-friendly, make the place healthier and greener and help wildlife that a hedge is banned.

Maybe one over a certain height, but altogether is mad.

shmmeee

Seems mad in a day where we want to be eco-friendly, make the place healthier and greener and help wildlife that a hedge is banned.

Maybe one over a certain height, but altogether is mad.

Not banned. I just have to have council permission to do literally anything to the front of the house. Can’t have me disrupting the beautiful Bedworth council estate feel of the place. Standards to uphold.

wingy

Get ready for the next wave of inflation to hit,being prepped nicely for it with the peice on Sky news this morning , expect it to hit around October!
Start growing your own lads there won't be anything on the shelves when they're done!

skybluetony176

I see Anderson has released a statement through GB News basically doubling down on what he said

Mr Anderson said: "If you are wrong, apologising is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.

"But when you think you are right you should never apologise because to do so would be a sign of weakness."

skybluetony176

Get ready for the next wave of inflation to hit,being prepped nicely for it with the peice on Sky news this morning , expect it to hit around October!
Start growing your own lads there won't be anything on the shelves when they're done!
What they said?

CCFCSteve

I see Anderson has released a statement through GB News basically doubling down on what he said

Mr Anderson said: "If you are wrong, apologising is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength.

"But when you think you are right you should never apologise because to do so would be a sign of weakness."

let’s be honest he looks/sounds far more focussed on his GB news gig than his political career…no bad thing long term

skybluetony176

Route's round the sea? Time to get into Brics.
Makes sense. I think it adds about 2 weeks on sailings from Asia to Europe by circumnavigating Africa instead of going through the Red Sea and Suez Canal. That’s going to affect the cost of shipping so oil and electronic goods will be hit hardest with the consumer ultimately paying the cost as the last link in the chain.

skybluetony176

let’s be honest he looks/sounds far more focussed on his GB news gig than his political career…no bad thing long term
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him switch to Reform. I suspect he feels his best chance of reelection is with them and not the Tories and to be fair to him given where his seat is he would probably be right if that’s his thinking. Can’t see him wanting to give up either gig personally.

wingy

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him switch to Reform. I suspect he feels his best chance of reelection is with them and not the Tories and to be fair to him given where his seat is he would probably be right if that’s his thinking. Can’t see him wanting to give up either gig personally.
Don't know about that, get the debate started,few fireworks,bring it on just in time for the election?

wingy

Makes sense. I think it adds about 2 weeks on sailings from Asia to Europe by circumnavigating Africa instead of going through the Red Sea and Suez Canal. That’s going to affect the cost of shipping so oil and electronic goods will be hit hardest with the consumer ultimately paying the cost as the last link in the chain.
Guess perfect time for another 10p -20p per litre on fuel?

wingy

So after getting 650k in last year Cleverly goes to the States to give a speech about doing the opposite and preventing the brain drain! 🫣
Of course that would take paying the rate here first?young doctor's anyone!

shmmeee

So after getting 650k in last year Cleverly goes to the States to give a speech about doing the opposite and preventing the brain drain! 🫣
Of course that would take paying the rate here first?young doctor's anyone!

Let me guess “cut tax”, you’d have to cut mine to -200% to make going to the States not financially viable. Whereas actually what makes me want to leave is the state of public services, the public realm and the housing market. Bet he doesn’t mention those.

wingy

TBF he's going to accentuate the effect on poorer countries,but my bit is that we have to stop that first?🫣

shmmeee

TBF he's going to accentuate the effect on poorer countries,but my bit is that we have to stop that first?🫣

Ah the old “India needs doctors/Polamd needs builders too” argument. Of course stopping all our doctors heading to Australia would help too.

This is the problem with a far right govt, everything looks like a culture war, I can’t remember the last time this govt proposed a policy that wasn’t some amorphous blob of money that inevitably never arrives. Or a tax cut.

wingy

Ah the old “India needs doctors/Polamd needs builders too” argument. Of course stopping all our doctors heading to Australia would help too.

This is the problem with a far right govt, everything looks like a culture war, I can’t remember the last time this govt proposed a policy that wasn’t some amorphous blob of money that inevitably never arrives. Or a tax cut.
71% of voters are wise to the ruse up from around 35% so carry on for me!

shmmeee

This is about the Tories, but could be Labour in 2019 as it’s very basic electoral hygiene here: suck it up, stop whining, face the voters, be positive.

fernandopartridge

This is about the Tories, but could be Labour in 2019 as it’s very basic electoral hygiene here: suck it up, stop whining, face the voters, be positive.

The blob are both completely useless bureaucratics who don't do anything but also in complete control of everything

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread