Do you want to discuss boring politics? (10 Viewers)

Astute

Have you even read the posts above you and the story?
No just replying to you on the comment you first made comparing two people.

shmmeee

Few people in here showing their biases. Whether he said it isn’t up for debate, it’s been reported everywhere that he did. So taking that fact you can either defend him saying it or not.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So anyone who has ever said that someone looks like someone else is racist? Or does it just count for those who are not white British 🤔

If it was any race in general then yes.

My guess would be that the person you are talking about is aligned to something you like to have a go at/point scoring. Or are we now not allowed to say two people look similar 🧐

1634040010726.png
1634040050779.png

Everyone gets people mixed up. But these are prominent members of his party who are regularly in the media. They've got quite obvious differences. Do you think he's say the same about Raab and Hancock for example?

Astute

You're all missing the crux of the matter.

Who cares if he's a massive racist and jokes of putting bombs in offices.

The fact is Jack Straw shook Robert Mugabes hand almost 20 years ago and that's the real issue of the day.
Shake someone's hand and all is OK.

If a comment about someone who is black is racist then it is racist whatever the background of the comment. No excuses should be used. But if you try to understand one comment you should try to understand all comments and not say guilty/not guilty because of political stance/point scoring.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

shmmeee

Shake someone's hand and all is OK.

If a comment about someone who is black is racist then it is racist whatever the background of the comment. No excuses should be used. But if you try to understand one comment you should try to understand all comments and not say guilty/not guilty because of political stance/point scoring.

You mean like you’ve just done?

PVA

you should try to understand all comments and not say guilty/not guilty because of political stance/point scoring.

You literally just steamrolled in here defending a racist remark without bothering to check if he said it or not and accused me of making it up.

Astute

Few people in here showing their biases. Whether he said it isn’t up for debate, it’s been reported everywhere that he did. So taking that fact you can either defend him saying it or not.
Agree. If one is guilty both are guilty. If one is innocent they are both innocent. Shaking a hand doesn't take away from the comment made.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Naaa. It’s clearly an honest mistake. He’s a good guy.

So had an affair while his wife was having cancer treatment and has made at best ill-judged language that could be construed as racist but doesn't see the problem in it.

He's just following the Boris path to power.

Astute

Literally nothing you are saying makes sense
Someone says he couldn't see a black person properly because it wasn't light enough. But it is OK because he shook his hand. Not guilty.

Two people look similar. Guilty.

Can someone please explain.

PVA

Someone says he couldn't see a black person properly because it wasn't light enough. But it is OK because he shook his hand. Not guilty.

Literally no one has defended Jack Straw. One person used it as a pathetic deflection from this story.

And to repeat, he didn't say two people look similar. He said 'they all look the same'

COV

I get the feeling that would turn into a very long & unrewarding conversation, so no.

Astute

Literally no one has defended Jack Straw. One person used it as a pathetic deflection from this story.

And to repeat, he didn't say two people look similar. He said 'they all look the same'
So nobody said that two people looked similar on here and I replied to that? 😁

Astute

I get the feeling that would turn into a very long & unrewarding conversation, so no.
And they are the two I quoted. So of course nobody can answer.

I see it is all politically based on here still on who is defended and attacked.

Racism is racism. End of.

Astute

It was more about your jump to try and question whether he said it at all because of your bias that makes you think all accusations of racism against a RW politician are false.
My bias? So what is my bias?

Boris is an absolute idiot. I have never voted Tory. I have never voted UKIP. My wife and younger kids live in an EU country. I will be joining them in 18 months. Yet because I question all sides I am accused of bias.

Time to leave you all to it. Not getting dragged into this Labour/Tory bullshit bias thing again.

Liquid Gold

It was more about your jump to try and question whether he said it at all because of your bias that makes you think all accusations of racism against a RW politician are false.
No he's the logical centre ground guy that doesn't go for bias from either side

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My bias? So what is my bias?

Boris is an absolute idiot. I have never voted Tory. I have never voted UKIP. My wife and younger kids live in an EU country. I will be joining them in 18 months. Yet because I question all sides I am accused of bias.

Time to leave you all to it. Not getting dragged into this Labour/Tory bullshit bias thing again.

If this had been a member of a different party my opinion would be exactly the same. It's unacceptable and whoever did it should face severe reprimands for it.

COV

That's good, I just don't know why you're trying to make excuses for him by saying he didn't say it.

I also couldn't get my head around how Farage promoting the IRA was swept under the carpet as a "non story" bearing in mind how many times pictures of Gerry Adams make an appearance on here

Astute

That's good, I just don't know why you're trying to make excuses for him by saying he didn't say it.
Here we go again..... as usual.

Point out where I said he didn't say it.

Idiots paradise on here.

Astute

If this had been a member of a different party my opinion would be exactly the same. It's unacceptable and whoever did it should face severe reprimands for it.
Someone gets the point 👍

But look at the others on here. And the idiots are in attack mode for me pointing out a handshake doesn't make up for a comment made.

PVA

Here we go again..... as usual.

Point out where I said he didn't say it.

Idiots paradise on here.

You said that it's not racist to say two people look alike.

I replied to say that's not what he said and you came back with 'did he actually say that or are you making that up?'

This is a strange hill to die on

Liquid Gold

Someone gets the point 👍

But look at the others on here. And the idiots are in attack mode for me pointing out a handshake doesn't make up for a comment made.
Point out where someone said a handshake made up for a comment made.

Idiots paradise coming on here from the Sunderland board.

Users who are viewing this thread