Do you want to discuss boring politics? (9 Viewers)

skybluetony176

The word " Gammon " added to the list of offensive words by ofcom .

Quick lads /lasses , delete your social media history before it's made a hate crime and people start trawling through your history 😉

Jobs will be lost over this in 9 years time 😆
Surely cancelled gammon should be discussed on your anyone a vegan thread ;)

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't come on this thread very often, but a story that amused me........

Nadhim Zahawi, the local MP for Stratford and recently appointed Minister for Education missed an appointment to attend speech day at a Stratford secondary school that my son attends. His no show was blamed on an administrative communication oversight, and the headmaster covered admirably (as acting Minister for Education!). The bit that amused me was that apparently on a previous occasion he had turned up 35 minutes late to deliver a talk to 6th form students (prior to his ministerial appointment). Upon arrival he declared that he hadn't prepared anything to say, so would students skip straight to asking him any questions.
The first question he got was.................................. Why haven't you done any preparation? Ouch !

shmmeee

Don't come on this thread very often, but a story that amused me........

Nadhim Zahawi, the local MP for Stratford and recently appointed Minister for Education missed an appointment to attend speech day at a Stratford secondary school that my son attends. His no show was blamed on an administrative communication oversight, and the headmaster covered admirably (as acting Minister for Education!). The bit that amused me was that apparently on a previous occasion he had turned up 35 minutes late to deliver a talk to 6th form students (prior to his ministerial appointment). Upon arrival he declared that he hadn't prepared anything to say, so would students skip straight to asking him any questions.
The first question he got was.................................. Why haven't you done any preparation? Ouch !

Love it. Don’t mess with kids man, they’ll eat you alive.

Nick

Administrator
Was on the TV this morning about no fuel at a Coventry Petrol Station because of lack of drivers.

Thought I was going to be struggling to get any on my way to work but no issues at all.

clint van damme

Was on the TV this morning about no fuel at a Coventry Petrol Station because of lack of drivers.

Thought I was going to be struggling to get any on my way to work but no issues at all.

Don't think it's a crisis just a smattering of petrol stations will have to close temporarily.

skybluetony176

Don't think it's a crisis just a smattering of petrol stations will have to close temporarily.
Until people start panic buying. Do you remember when the HGV drivers blockaded all the oil refineries and people went bat shit crazy filling wheelie bins full of petrol etc. It’s was much like the toilet paper crisis at the beginning of Covid. If people had have just purchased what they need we’d never have run out.

skybluetony176

Apparently brexit is the only thing that’s allowing us to address the issues caused by brexit. Grant Shapps. While somehow managing to keep a straight face.

skybluetony176

Following the government’s pleas to not panic buy petrol reports are starting to come in of queues forming at petrol stations all around the country.

Liquid Gold

Just went to fill up for the drive to the game and came back because the queues were insane.

Got enough to get up so I'm going to hope Tesco is all good after the game otherwise it'll be a nice sleepover at Cov Welsh.

Nick

Administrator
Just went to fill up for the drive to the game and came back because the queues were insane.

Got enough to get up so I'm going to hope Tesco is all good after the game otherwise it'll be a nice sleepover at Cov Welsh.
All because of the news scaring people.

CCFCSteve

[
Following the government’s pleas to not panic buy petrol reports are starting to come in of queues forming at petrol stations all around the country.

The government have no doubt fucked up by not providing some short term visas/skilled worker dispensation for EU hgv drivers. I was speaking to a Latvian guy yesterday who owns a transport business which takes containers from port to clients and he’s looking to buy three new vehicles. I asked him, what about the drivers, he said ‘no problem, I can help them complete the paperwork’ (all Eastern European’s lined up) so it is possible. But the government is not making it any easier, almost like out of stubbornness, which is crazy and accentuating a lot of these issues. We should have a flexible/nimble migration and visa policy without full freedom of movement…we currently have the opposite !

Unfortunately the above links also show, just like the bognroll hoarders, there are a lot of selfish idiots around which the media are only to happy to whip up into a frenzy !

wingy

[

The government have no doubt fucked up by not providing some short term visas/skilled worker dispensation for EU hgv drivers. I was speaking to a Latvian guy yesterday who owns a transport business which takes containers from port to clients and he’s looking to buy three new vehicles. I asked him, what about the drivers, he said ‘no problem, I can help them complete the paperwork’ (all Eastern European’s lined up) so it is possible. But the government is not making it any easier, almost like out of stubbornness, which is crazy and accentuating a lot of these issues. We should have a flexible/nimble migration and visa policy without full freedom of movement…we currently have the opposite !

Unfortunately the above links also show, just like the bognroll hoarders, there are a lot of selfish idiots around which the media are only to happy to whip up into a frenzy !
Yes I thought Shcapps tone changed this morning compared to question time last night expect it to come to fruition in around a week , just a few months late.

chiefdave

The government have no doubt fucked up by not providing some short term visas/skilled worker dispensation for EU hgv drivers.
They keep sending out ministers spouting the line that its down to covid not Brexit but the number one thing being requested by the Road Haulage Association is relaxation of visa requirements so they can get drivers in from Europe.

skybluetony176

Yes I thought Shcapps tone changed this morning compared to question time last night expect it to come to fruition in around a week , just a few months late.
Apparently brexit is the answer to problems caused by brexit. We couldn’t inadequately train HGV drivers if we were still in the EU and didn’t need to inadequately train HGV drivers. Living the dream.

skybluetony176

They keep sending out ministers spouting the line that its down to covid not Brexit but the number one thing being requested by the Road Haulage Association is relaxation of visa requirements so they can get drivers in from Europe.
Ballerinas can get visas but lorry drivers can’t. So at least we’re not short on ballerinas.

CCFCSteve

Whether it solves the problem or not, who knows, but why wouldn’t you just relax them and offer temp skilled worker status ?!

chiefdave

Start filling up anything you can find!

People don't trust the government when they say there's no shortage of toilet roll, food, fuel etc yet keep voting them in. The very fact the government is having to assure people they will have food to eat and the lights won't go out should be enough to ring alarm bells.

skybluetony176

People don't trust the government when they say there's no shortage of toilet roll, food, fuel etc yet keep voting them in. The very fact the government is having to assure people they will have food to eat and the lights won't go out should be enough to ring alarm bells.
If it was midday and anyone from the government told me it was daylight outside I’d go to the window to check it’s not dark outside. Can’t trust a word any of them say.

Users who are viewing this thread