Do you want to discuss boring politics? (11 Viewers)

Ian1779

People don't trust the government when they say there's no shortage of toilet roll, food, fuel etc yet keep voting them in. The very fact the government is having to assure people they will have food to eat and the lights won't go out should be enough to ring alarm bells.
They just manipulate the electorate - Brexit, the constant stoking up fear of immigrants, demonising those in the welfare system… they have no shame at all and people swallow it because it plays on their insecurities.

If we were to go full fuel/energy crisis - expect the blame to fall at the feet of everyone except them.

skybluetony176

They just manipulate the electorate - Brexit, the constant stoking up fear of immigrants, demonising those in the welfare system… they have no shame at all and people swallow it because it plays on their insecurities.

If we were to go full fuel/energy crisis - expect the blame to fall at the feet of everyone except them.
Basically they’re Waitrose Nazi’s

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing though, there isn't a petrol crisis.

However as soon as the media are all over it there is then because people are panicking.

Then you have people just sat about whinging about brexit for everything.

If the media werent stirring it all up there would be no queues at petrol stations.

Skybluefaz

However as soon as the media are all over it there is then because people are panicking.

If the media werent stirring it all up there would be no queues at petrol stations.
Brexit has significantly impacted on the shortage of drivers though. It's not the only thing but it can't be ignored in this instance.

Nick

Administrator
Brexit has significantly impacted on the shortage of drivers though. It's not the only thing but it can't be ignored in this instance.
Just depends if people want to hide behind Brexit or not for everything. Same with covid for the DVLA.

Ian1779

There would be nothing to stir up if there was even a basic level of competence on government would there?

wingy

Just depends if people want to hide behind Brexit or not for everything. Same with covid for the DVLA.
You mean like party in power parroting Covid for everything when it's blatantly not .
We have a shortage of120,000 drivers , 40,000 of those are appently due to Covid with no testing.We have known for five years something needed to be arranged to cope .
The previous prime minister was attempting to do a Brexit where this wouldn't have become an issue.
The current prime minister along with his cohorts staged a coup doing a deal with no option of employees from the continent filling the gaps .
That's not Brexit this, Brexit this, that is the situation as it stands where he parked us.

chiefdave

All I can tell you is there's a garage at the bottom of my road and when I went past it about 6:30pm there were queues in every direction to get in. They'll be disappointed when they reach the front of the queue as the pumps are closed :confused:

Nick

Administrator
All I can tell you is there's a garage at the bottom of my road and when I went past it about 6:30pm there were queues in every direction to get in. They'll be disappointed when they reach the front of the queue as the pumps are closed :confused:
Yeah people rushing and panicking.

Liquid Gold

I need to get some petrol in my car pretty soon. Made it back from the game tonight on fumes but I'm not queuing at the petrol statiion as I don't want to be lumped in with all the idiots.

it's a toughy

CCFCSteve

I need to get some petrol in my car pretty soon. Made it back from the game tonight on fumes but I'm not queuing at the petrol statiion as I don't want to be lumped in with all the idiots.

it's a toughy

If you need petrol, you need petrol mate. I’m down to a quarter after the football as well. It’s the idiots on half/two thirds of a tank queuing to fill back up when they usually wouldn’t bother until they’re on red, that’s the problem.

At least any car thieves are pretty much guaranteed to have a full tank when they nick anything off peoples drives this weekend.

Im also just wondering if the same petrol station idiots are sat at home with the heating on full blast because they heard energy companies are going bust so they may as well heat their house for winter now, just incase.

Anyway, I’m off to CostCo to get my bogroll in early this time

wingy

If you need petrol, you need petrol mate. I’m down to a quarter after the football as well. It’s the idiots on half/two thirds of a tank queuing to fill back up when they usually wouldn’t bother until they’re on red, that’s the problem.

At least any car thieves are pretty much guaranteed to have a full tank when they nick anything off peoples drives this weekend.

Im also just wondering if the same petrol station idiots are sat at home with the heating on full blast because they heard energy companies are going bust so they may as well heat their house for winter now, just incase.

Ok Steve,do that but get yer bike out.

Leccy scooters being the next hot item Lol, especially for Christmas,oh if we can get em from China then onto lorries to shelves.

CCFCSteve

Ok Steve,do that but get yer bike out.

Leccy scooters being the next hot item Lol, especially for Christmas,oh if we can get em from China then onto lorries to shelves.

One step ahead of you wingy. Early start but sorted

Attachments

• 259C7085-8C8C-4A58-92F6-AECBD41A54C7.jpeg
    259C7085-8C8C-4A58-92F6-AECBD41A54C7.jpeg
    646.2 KB · Views: 14

Liquid Gold

I also can’t be bothered to queue for an hour to fill up.

I’m lucky that I don’t need it day to day because I don’t commute far or anything. I just need to find a quiet window some time before next Saturday so I can get up to Cov again.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm only guessing but I bet theres no queues at motorway service stations.....

.....proving that the panic buyers are not only stupid and selfish but also penny pinchers....

Users who are viewing this thread