Do you want to discuss boring politics? (15 Viewers)

Ian1779

They stick to the defence of a man who without question would throw them all under the bus for an extra day in power.
Maybe we can chuck him under a train, and when Dorries comes out to privatise then it’s gonna send her head spinning.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Relevance? It's a politics thread. The point isn't solely to highlight your personal success, lovely as I'm sure that is for you, it's also to discuss the flaw in the policy.

You'd say you've bettered yourself, but politely, as I see it you've not exactly pulled yourself out of the gutter by your bootstraps.

You were fortunate enough to obtain public housing and you've later taken full advantage of a right-to-buy at a substantial discount, which is fair enough.

You've also made a bit more than a 'few quid' out of it, again fair enough.

You're definitely personally better off, there's no argument there, but whether the policy makes the country as a whole better off is definitely debatable given the deliberate failure to replenish the public housing stock.

However it's pretty much the first time you've not accused someone of calling you 'immoral', which I can't see anyone has? That's what I'm 'on about'.

You're taking offence at something you're seeing which unless I've missed it literally isn't there. I could just as easily ask, what are you on about?
You clearly have a problem with me NOT making more than a few quid out of it. You've also got an issue with me NOT pulling myself out of the gutter, as you'd like to think, yet you know nothing as to where I came from.
You seem quite angry about my situation.
What would you do with a 10m lottery win ?

Grendel

You clearly have a problem with me NOT making more than a few quid out of it. You've also got an issue with me NOT pulling myself out of the gutter, as you'd like to think, yet you know nothing as to where I came from.

hes just a jealous bitter man

NorthernWisdom

Eh? Isn't he saying you can blame the policy, but not blame the individual for taking advantage of the policy?

Grendel

Grendel

him or Truss, great to know we'll be in safe hands on the international stage.

Layla Moran anyone

clint van damme

Layla Moran anyone

just below her on that page is Munira Wilson, she called for the army to be brought in to break up the strikes. These people fucking hate the working class.

Grendel

just below her on that page is Munira Wilson, she called for the army to be brought in to break up the strikes. These people fucking hate the working class.

I doubt anyone who voted for these idiots know a single policy - they are just charlatans who want power and will do anything to get it. Lammy said it wasn’t a crushing defeat for labour it Tiverton - they lost their deposit!

Sky Blue Pete

I doubt anyone who voted for these idiots know a single policy - they are just charlatans who want power and will do anything to get it. Lammy said it wasn’t a crushing defeat for labour it Tiverton - they lost their deposit!
I agree with him it was nothing to do with labour it was all lib dem and conservative

skybluetony176

You just get the impression that it might be in the government’s interests to start intervening in this strike before it escalates.

The government and it’s useful right wing idiots in the media have been trying and largely failing to stoke up a phoney culture war for a good 6 years now. A class war however? The ultimate irony being that the culture war is funded by wealthy elites like Banks, Tice, oligarchs etc to promote militant attitudes in the working classes. Might just be about to backfire.

Grendel

I agree with him it was nothing to do with labour it was all lib dem and conservative

So Labour admit they can’t win an election and it’s a Starmer Davey alliance

Good luck with that

Brighton Sky Blue

You just get the impression that it might be in the government’s interests to start intervening in this strike before it escalates.

The government and it’s useful right wing idiots in the media have been trying and largely failing to stoke up a phoney culture war for a good 6 years now. A class war however? The ultimate irony being that the culture war is funded by wealthy elites like Banks, Tice, oligarchs etc to promote militant attitudes in the working classes. Might just be about to backfire.

He’s spoken very well every time he’s done so. Just need the other union leaders to step up their game and co-ordinate better

Grendel

Course not. You focus your efforts on areas and seats that will have the most impact

Not ones where you were the second party and then lost their deposit ok

Grendel

Trying to conflate BA staff who actually had their pay cut with everybody else struggling with the cost of living, an utter wanker of a man

he’s an utter tosser

stupot07

Course not. You focus your efforts on areas and seats that will have the most impact
You'd think being a marketing guru at Jaguar/Land Rover, he'd know wasting all your effort and marketing budget on a customer base who is unlikely to buy one of the your cars is not clever.

The same goes with Politics, always has done. Even in the general election all parties will focus more effort on a winnable seats than one thats needs a large swing and not likely to vote for you.

They had likely done a bit of canvassing and focus groups in the area and got the sense people were leaving towards the Lib dems, and so concentrated on getting the red wall back.

Its not like the Tories didn't have a pact with the brexit party who pulled their candidates.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

You'd think being a marketing guru at Jaguar/Land Rover, he'd know wasting all your effort and marketing budget on a customer base who is unlikely to buy one of the your cars is not clever.

The same goes with Politics, always has done. Even in the general election all parties will focus more effort on a winnable seats than one thats needs a large swing and not likely to vote for you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This was a by election and labour literally were non existent despite being the second party — they waived a white flag - resources? There were two elections

Terry Gibson's perm

Imagine being as stupid as to think that the liberal democrats are part of some sort of 'progressive' alliance

Get to fucking fuck

When anything goes wrong the first thing they say is call the army in maybe the soldiers don’t want to do it or break the strike.

Terry Gibson's perm

The same Tory donor who paid for his flat refurb.
The fact that said same donor's companies have won £120 million worth of government contracts is pure coincidence I'm sure.

How can you build a treehouse for that much cash you could build a full house for less.

Users who are viewing this thread