Do you want to discuss boring politics? (7 Viewers)

Evo1883

Still haven't answered the question...
Answer mine so I can gauge what you think the reason is that Labour keep losing , because if they offer the working class more then why are they leaving them in their droves

You won't accept the fact people genuinely really dislike your MPs and membership ..so what is the answer

Grendel

That's not an answer as to why.

Because Labour does not want people to join the middle classes as oddly it’s clue is in the title

It’s consigned to the history books

Ian1779

OK here's a question .

Why do Labour keep losing if the tories are so bad , and why are the working class voting for them in their droves if Labour offer them more
Do you think the heavy media bias in favour of the Conservatives helps to contribute to this disdain for Labour you describe?

Evo1883

Do you think the heavy media bias in favour of the Conservatives helps to contribute to this disdain for Labour you describe?

No , Labour don't need no help from the media .

Social media is available for Labour MPs to freely make complete twats of themselves on a regular basis

Social media strangely enough seems to coincide with the beginning of Labour's massive unpopularity with the working class .. coincidence?
Hasn't helped for sure

Grendel

No not at all - oh sorry Ian it’s intelligent people like you who can sift the bias and brain dead working class zombies who are thicker and read the sun who are influenced

Vote winning argument

PVA

Answer mine so I can gauge what you think the reason is that Labour keep losing , because if they offer the working class more then why are they leaving them in their droves

You won't accept the fact people genuinely really dislike your MPs and membership ..so what is the answer

Jesus christ, just asking clint's question again 😂

And 'my' MPs and membership? I'm not a Labour member. I've voted Labour once in my lifetime.

clint van damme

Because Labour does not want people to join the middle classes as oddly it’s clue is in the title

It’s consigned to the history books

Labour being consigned the history books isn't something I'll argue about,I think.youre right.

If Ed Davey makes a second referendum policy ( not something I'd vote for), I think Labour are absolutely fucked.

Evo1883

I don't know which is why I'm asking

I could have sold a graphics card the other day .

But the person I was selling it too left me a sarcastic comment as a parting shot to do with price before collecting it .

It was in my interest to sell that card to him ...but I didn't because I thought he was a c**t .

PVA

But the person I was selling it too left me a sarcastic comment as a parting shot to do with price before collecting it .

It was in my interest to sell that card to him ...but I didn't because I thought he was a c**t .

So you cut your nose off to spite your face.

Which I think is actually exactly what a lot of Tory voters do.

Good answer.

clint van damme

Sorry mate, I don't understand that. I have had a few!

oakey

Firstly the old working class has always had 'Alf Garnett' types who look up to toffs, dislike change and foreigners and have no sense of solidarity with their peers. My family, solid WC dad worked in car factory etc, has all my life had more tory voters than Labour.
Secondly, Labour tribal voting is based on sense that 'the workers' deserve better. Yet the workers have allowed themselves to be divided - waning union membership, failing to show support for equal pay for women, ignoring discriminatory practices at work over many years. It's now every man for himself and devil take the hindmost.
Working people don't love the tories but they no longer see them as the enemy.
Tonight I listened to family members moaning about some Coventry council director getting a wad. When I tried to discuss the government sleaze they weren't interested. Why?
When I was a child strikes by other workers were respected. Now they'd get little support.
I dont know what the answer is but I think big changes are coming.

Ian1779

No not at all - oh sorry Ian it’s intelligent people like you who can sift the bias and brain dead working class zombies who are thicker and read the sun who are influenced

Vote winning argument
I said nothing of the sort - it is true that the majority of the written press openly favours the Conservative party.

Evo1883

So you cut your nose off to spite your face.

Which I think is actually exactly what a lot of Tory voters do.

Good answer.

In the same way alot of people vote Labour because their dad and grandad did ..it's all relative

Philosorapter

everyone keeps avoiding my question, it's like the brexit thread, I'll leave it there.

I'll give it a shot.

If you have two parties who act like they are two peas in a pod, neo-liberalism and all that, then people have two choices if they want to see a change for the Labour Party in Coventry.

1. Don't vote for Labour.

You can see this happening with the low turnout in the City and Wards. Some of the turnouts from these wards are amongst the lowest in the country.

This, however, does not remove the problem of Coventry Labour and their disconnect with the working class, they are still in power up to a point where the people who usually vote Tory and floating voters outnumber the other Tory's that are left in Coventry Labour.

2. Vote for any other candidate who is most likely to win the vote.

This will double your voting chances of getting some change for the Labour Party in Coventry. After all, is it going to make much difference who is locally in power in Coventry at the moment?

I always like the analogy of a glass of water when talking about Coventry Labour. Most of the liquid which many of us would class as Labour has gone from the glass of water and all that is left is basically backwash.

--

This again wouldn't be my own personal choice of options on who to vote for but if you want to change your local councillor in Coventry then vote for the candidate that has some chance of replacing the one you want to go.

Evo1883

Which is a criticism that working people who vote tory level at Labour voters, and is a subtle way of calling them thick, I think.

I've seen Labour voters tell other Labour voters that it's one of the reasons they vote Labour..it's tradition , no family of mine would ever vote tory etc .

It's one of the reasons I vote Labour because I feel like I'm doing something wrong if I don't...my family are all Labour told us from a young age " never the tories "

Ironically even some of them have shifted too , people genuinely really dislike Labour

There's got to be something wrong with them if they don't get voted in and if their policies are that great then your just left with wether people like you or not ..and People REALLY don't like Labour and it's MPs...obviously.

PVA

Ironically even some of them have shifted too , people genuinely really dislike Labour

And that's fine.

... But then they go and vote for the party that cuts the police and the NHS, imposes austerity, bent to the core, regularly shafts the working class.

That's what's hard to understand and is why clint repeatedly asked what's so appealing about the Tories. Why not vote Lib Dems or Greens, anyone.

Evo1883

And that's fine.

... But then they go and vote for the party that cuts the police and the NHS, imposes austerity, carries out brazen corruption.

That's what's hard to understand and is why clint repeatedly asked what's so appealing about the Tories. Why not vote Lib Dems or Greens, anyone.

Same problem I'm afraid ..nobody likes them

Have the Lib dems ever really recovered from nick clegg shafting his supporters ?

PVA

Same problem I'm afraid ..nobody likes them

Have the Lib dems ever really recovered from nick clegg shafting his supporters ?

But that's still not answering the question!

Why do the tories appeal?

You decide you don't like Labour and want to vote someone else. Fine. Why do you then choose this corrupt bunch of corrupt c**ts that have only their interests at heart and have spent the last 10 years wrecking the country?

It makes no sense.

Brexit was clearly a huge driver in the previous election.

Evo1883

Listen I don't claim to know about politics , but I definitely know why alot of people won't vote for Labour...

It's common knowledge .

The only people that can't see it are Labour and it's wonderful membership

Evo1883

But that's still not answering the question!

Why the tories?

You decide you don't like Labour and want to vote someone else. Fine. Why do you choose this corrupt bunch of corrupt c**ts that have only their interests at heart and have spent the last 10 years wrecking the country?

It makes no sense.

Brexit was clearly a huge driver in the previous election.
If that's the case about brexit then the next election should be alot closer ...I'd put a fair chunk on the conservatives winning by landslide again

PVA

If that's the case about brexit then the next election should be alot closer ...I'd put a fair chunk on the conservatives winning by landslide again

If there was no such thing as Brexit then the last election would have been much closer, that's a fact. Not saying that Labour would have won, but it would have been closer, this is undeniable.

If Brexit continues to be a shit show and if there's an inquiry into the pandemic which finds the government culpable then it will be much closer than last time. However this government is very adept at avoiding scrutiny so I don't doubt they'll be able to successfully absolve themselves of all blame in both those areas.

oakey

If you see life as being
Winners V Losers
Strivers V Shirkers
Patriots V Traitors
Then you are an open goal for the Tories who use every trick in the book to paint themselves as Patriotic winning strivers and paint Labour as the home of wokes, shirkers, traitors and losers.
Every tory voter I know is a sucker for this as they lack empathy IMO.

Evo1883

If you see life as being
Winners V Losers
Strivers V Shirkers
Patriots V Traitors
Then you are an open goal for the Tories who use every trick in the book to paint themselves as Patriotic winning strivers and paint Labour as the home of wokes, shirkers, traitors and losers.
Every tory voter I know is a sucker for this as they lack empathy IMO.

The kindest most brilliant ,generous and empathic person I know Is a conservative voter that lives in Solihull...work that one out then 🤣

Honestly, an amazing person

Skybluefaz

The kindest most brilliant ,generous and empathic person I know Is a conservative voter that lives in Solihull...work that one out then 🤣

Honestly, an amazing person
There are some decent Conservatives. Rory Stewart absolutley fucking nailed the stuff on the pandemic for example. Him like the other decent ones have been cast aside though.

Evo1883

Cognitive dissonance

Took me in after my mum died and dad became an alcoholic at 13 , offered me work at 13 at his greengrocers until 17 when I joined the army ..
Paid off all my debt twice over , helped me buy a house , treats my children like they are his own grandchildren and has left his whole estate worth half a million to my kids .
Would drive a million miles if you needed him

Tory wanker

Last edited:

clint van damme

Took me in after my mum died and dad became an alcoholic at 13 , offered me work at 13 at his greengrocers until 17 when I joined the army ..
Paid off all my debt twice over , helped me buy a house , treats my children like they are his own grandchildren and has left his whole estate worth half a million to my kids .
Would drive a million miles if you needed him

Tory wanker

Sounds like a great bloke. Maybe he can answer my question because other c**t seems able to :ROFLMAO:

Philosorapter

If we getting serious with why people are leaving Labour for elsewhere then I put it down to the psyche of a lot of their members.

A German poem.

Capture5.PNG

clint van damme

It's not rocket science. The reasons are quite straightforward.

1. An aspirational working-class wanting to improve the lives of their families through their own means rather than rely on welfarism and paternalism, and a perception that the Tories always manage the economy better (counter-argument - the working class are stupid).

2. Brexit, and the failure of Corbyn to offer a credible position on Brexit (counter-argument - the working class are racist).

3. The almost farcical lack of credibility around Labour's spending programme, and a discontent with the metropolitan bourgeois and identity politics (counter-argument - the working class are both stupid and racist).

1 and 3 don't stand up to scrutiny.
I agree with you on 2.

Users who are viewing this thread