Do you want to discuss boring politics? (23 Viewers)

Grendel

Exactly, hes worth around £200m, £30 petrol is the equivalent to 0.026p to the average person.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

i doubt he claimed it anyway but I did know a director who was on probably £150 grand easily and claimed a bag of polo mints

his wealth is irrelevant

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

i doubt he claimed it anyway but I did know a director who was on probably £150 grand easily and claimed a bag of polo mints

his wealth is irrelevant
It is irrelevant. They're entitled to do it and are not breaking any laws. Says a lot about the type of person they are though.

Not that it relates to Rishi because we've no idea if he is or isn't claiming for it (though it would have to be under PR expenses (which IMO is a bullshit (sorry) expense to claim from the public purse for an elected official) if it wasn't his own car).

skybluetony176

He’s right. A change in trading intensity with the EU was predicted. And then dismissed as project fear by literally every current serving cabinet member. The serving government wasn’t expecting this. Unless they lied as part of the leave campaign.

Philosorapter

I fully believe anyone holding public office, but especially in central Government, should resign if they have broken the law on this issue.

Our Civil Liberties were strictly contained during this time.

Do as I say, not do as I do mentality.

I think we should have the right to know who the people who received the fines are. It is in the public interest.

rob9872

Let's not worry about if they're very capable or not, but banish them from office six months after a story breaks about a party two years ago. It's not like there is a war going on or a worldwide pandemic or pending financial crisis or anything else of note happening at the moment. As I said before, if they're not fit for office vote them out, if the PPE contracts were illegally handed out and they've profited from it, sack them and jail them but only the UK with our lazy pointless tabloid driven society could Partygate still dominate headlines.

PVA

So because there is a war and a pandemic going on it’s fine for them to break the law. Interesting logic.

clint van damme

Let's not worry about if they're very capable or not, but banish them from office six months after a story breaks about a party two years ago. It's not like there is a war going on or a worldwide pandemic or pending financial crisis or anything else of note happening at the moment. As I said before, if they're not fit for office vote them out, if the PPE contracts were illegally handed out and they've profited from it, sack them and jail them but only the UK with our lazy pointless tabloid driven society could Partygate still dominate headlines.

Careful you don't do yourself an injury with that vigorous forlock tugging

skybluetony176

Government employees/possibly ministers/possibly the PM himself break the law on government property and you’re surprised it’s headline news.

Also it wasn’t a party, it was multiple parties. 22 at the last count IIRC. They’re repeat offenders.

Sky Blue Pete

Government employees/possibly ministers/possibly the PM himself break the law on government property and you’re surprised it’s headline news.

Also it wasn’t a party, it was multiple parties. 22 at the last count IIRC. They’re repeat offenders.
They don’t give a shit for this reason!! People move on and then you’re unpatriotic mentioning it again because we should all move on, integrity is an under valued trait in all areas of public life

Grendel

skybluetony176

it seems war ravaged Ukrainians rather like Mr Johnson

A) didn’t you say that Boris should just let them get on with it and not support them. So basically you’re so desperate to celebrate a Boris “victory” you’ll even take it when you categorically disagree with him.

B) I wonder how many Ukrainians trying to navigate the UK’s asylum system were asked.

PVA

That's been common knowledge for a while and it's a non story really.

It's like when Starmer got photographed having a beer in his constituency office and this was compared to Johnson having loads of parties in his house. Not even remotely comparable.

stupot07

Bit of a non story really. I think Karl Turner summed it up (and Corbyn was leader of the opposition at the time)

He probably sent that message to everyone given a peerage and all new members of Parliament despite their party.

Funny how hes tweeted that on the day everyone's talking about party gate. I smell a dead cat.

Last edited:

Grendel

Bit of a non story really. I think Karl Turner summed it up (and Corbyn was leader of the opposition at the time)

He probably sent that message to everyone given a peerage and all new members of Parliament despite their party.

Funny how hes tweeted that on the day everyone's talking about party gate. I smell a dead cat.

you honestly think he sends a text to everyone getting a peerage 😂

Grendel

I am sure that Mr Starmer congratulated all the Tory peers by text appointed since his leadership (how did he have his number I wonder) as it’s something tbe courteous chap extends to everyone

PVA

I am sure that Mr Starmer congratulated all the Tory peers by text appointed since his leadership (how did he have his number I wonder) as it’s something tbe courteous chap extends to everyone

Hang on a minute, I thought this whole Lebedev story was irrelevant and immaterial because he's not a political figure, or whatever your excuse was?

Your amazing double standards at work again.

Grendel

Hang on a minute, I thought this whole Lebedev story was irrelevant and immaterial because he's not a political figure, or whatever your excuse was?

Your amazing double standards at work again.

says the person who claims this is a non story and macron frequently wears a hoodie

how did Starmer have his number?

PVA

says the person who claims this is a non story and macron frequently wears a hoodie

how did Starmer have his number?

What the fuck does Macron have to do with this?

You think it would be difficult for someone like him to get the number of a bloke that owns two newspapers? Really?

How many times has he been to his Italian villa I wonder?

Grendel

What the fuck does Macron have to do with this?

You think it would be difficult for someone like him to get the number of a bloke that owns two newspapers? Really?

How many times has he been to his Italian villa I wonder?

Starmer tries to take the moral high ground - now it’s revealed (something Mr Starmer has refused when questioned to admit) that he congratulated him on a peerage. No doubt he also backed Mr Corbyn on trying g to get a certain abusive dirty misogynistic creep elected as well as he tried to stop the democratic will of the people.

Mr Starmer is clearly not whiter than white despite attempts to portray him as such

Grendel

Very possibly. Wouldn't have put it past a hard working genuine politician like Thatcher to do similar.

we will know soon enough. He will show these texts (though I’m sure he refused to confirm when challenged he sent this one) and every elected Tory peer can confirm they received one can’t they?

Users who are viewing this thread