Do you want to discuss boring politics? (27 Viewers)

SBT

why on earth wouldn’t he claim it on expenses

Because the cost of a tank of petrol is probably worth it to rule out the chance of getting some bad PR, especially when your net worth is £200 million.

(Unless you’re really tight, or have a habit of not thinking things through of course)

CCFCSteve

Fucking shameless

Two questions should be asked…

Did Sunak say he had absolutely idea of the links between his wife’s family and Putin ? If it’s the bbc interview…

Asked if Infosys would be cutting Russian ties, he said: “I have absolutely no idea because I have nothing to do with that company.”

If that’s the comment then the Twitter guy is manipulating/misquoting to suit his position/argument ?!

Secondly, that’s four pics of the same walk around the company premises when Putin was on a state visit to India in December 2004 ?!! How is that ‘links to Putin’ ?!! His father in law might well be Putins lover for all I know but those pics prove absolutely nothing, let alone Sunak being some kind of Russian asset.

I nearly replied yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with sunaks response and wanted to check what stake she owned. I googled it and his missus owns something like 0.9% share in the business, which is a massive Indian company and employs over 250k employees across the world. I can’t see how big their operation is in Russia but his wife has no say or involvement in that decision and neither does he.

There’s plenty of things to focus on around Sunaks statement ie not supporting poorest , the pathetic PR pic after and also around India’s unwillingness to condemn Putin (which is frankly disgraceful), without this type of nonsense.

Ps this post isn’t knocking you PVA or because I’m a Tory mole, Tory lover etc etc. while it might appear that way, I rarely post positive posts about the government but I will always reply/question stuff that’s either factually incorrect or totally unbalanced. People need to start questioning stuff on social media more

skybluetony176

Did Sunak say he had absolutely idea of the links between his wife’s family and Putin ? If it’s the bbc interview…

Asked if Infosys would be cutting Russian ties, he said: “I have absolutely no idea because I have nothing to do with that company.”

If that’s the comment then the Twitter guy is manipulating/misquoting to suit his position/argument ?!

Secondly, that’s four pics of the same walk around the company premises when Putin was on a state visit to India in December 2004 ?!! How is that ‘links to Putin’ ?!! His father in law might well be Putins lover for all I know but those pics prove absolutely nothing, let alone Sunak being some kind of Russian asset.

I nearly replied yesterday. I wasn’t impressed with sunaks response and wanted to check what stake she owned. I googled it and his missus owns something like 0.9% share in the business, which is a massive Indian company and employs over 250k employees across the world. I can’t see how big their operation is in Russia but his wife has no say or involvement in that decision and neither does he.

There’s plenty of things to focus on around Sunaks statement ie not supporting poorest , the pathetic PR pic after and also around India’s unwillingness to condemn Putin (which is frankly disgraceful), without this type of nonsense.

Ps this post isn’t knocking you PVA or because I’m a Tory mole, Tory lover etc etc. while it might appear that way, I rarely post positive posts about the government but I will always reply/question stuff that’s either factually incorrect or totally unbalanced. People need to start questioning stuff on social media more
Think it was a sky news interview Steve. He give it the I’m the MP not my wife line first. Then he was asked if he is encouraging his own family to to stop trading with Russia like he is with other companies and directors. The interviewer asking if it was one rule for the Sunak household and another rule for everyone else.

CCFCSteve

Think it was a sky news interview Steve. He give it the I’m the MP not my wife line first. Then he was asked if he is encouraging his own family to to stop trading with Russia like he is with other companies and directors. The interviewer asking if it was one rule for the Sunak household and another rule for everyone else.

Sorry, I think you’re right it is the sky interview, I’d just quoted it from bbc website. The points remain though Tony. I’d imagine he’d prefer if they stopped operating there, as would we all but it’s nothing to do with him or his missus who owns less than 1% (as in they’ll have no say or influence). I think the Twitter guy has intentionally misquoted him as well and to suggest links with Putin based on those pics is ridiculous

SBT

Why does Rishi Sunak have to answer to another country’s foreign policy?

Grendel

Because the cost of a tank of petrol is probably worth it to rule out the chance of getting some bad PR, especially when your net worth is £200 million.

(Unless you’re really tight, or have a habit of not thinking things through of course)

Well that is just utterly ridiculous

skybluetony176

Sorry, I think you’re right it is the sky interview, I’d just quoted it from bbc website. The points remain though Tony. I’d imagine he’d prefer if they stopped operating there, as would we all but it’s nothing to do with him or his missus who owns less than 1% (as in they’ll have no say or influence). I think the Twitter guy has intentionally misquoted him as well and to suggest links with Putin based on those pics is ridiculous
It’s the fact that he tried to wash his hands of it by first suggesting that he’s the MP not his wife and then saying that he’s unaware of what happens in his father in law’s business while looking and sounding angry that someone dare ask the question and point out the facts. He’d have been much better of just coming clean in the first place. Yes I’m aware that my father in law’s business has links with Russia and he knows Putin personally, yes my wife has a small share in the business but she isn’t a decision maker so other than making my feelings clear there’s not much I can do. I think most people would have accepted that. Instead he went straight to the I’m the MP not my wife line, which clearly isn’t going to stand up, then straight to obvious BS of I don’t know what goes on in my wife’s family. He may not be able to influence what his wife’s family does but there’s no way in the world he doesn’t know. His replies and his demeanour came across very much as I’m an elitist how dare you ask me.

RegTheDonk

Must say when I saw that I thought Putin looks good for his age? Then saw the date.

Rishi could ask his wife to resign from that company if it still deals with Russia, but he can't be responsible for something someone else did nearly 20 years ago.

Grendel

How come?

Because making a gesture I’m ignoring my expenses and filling my car up myself as a grand gesture proves what exactly?

CCFCSteve

It’s the fact that he tried to wash his hands of it by first suggesting that he’s the MP not his wife and then saying that he’s unaware of what happens in his father in law’s business while looking and sounding angry that someone dare ask the question and point out the facts. He’d have been much better of just coming clean in the first place. Yes I’m aware that my father in law’s business has links with Russia and he knows Putin personally, yes my wife has a small share in the business but she isn’t a decision maker so other than making my feelings clear there’s not much I can do. I think most people would have accepted that. Instead he went straight to the I’m the MP not my wife line, which clearly isn’t going to stand up, then straight to obvious BS of I don’t know what goes on in my wife’s family. He may not be able to influence what his wife’s family does but there’s no way in the world he doesn’t know. His replies and his demeanour came across very much as I’m an elitist how dare you ask me.

As I said, I wasn’t overly impressed with sunaks response either as it left a few unanswered questions which is why I did some digging. That Twitter post is bullshit though, the guy who put the post up knew what he was doing hence partial quote and I bet others knew it was wrong yet didn’t question it in order to whip up more anti government fury and suspicion. Typical social media/echo chamber which is why we live in such a polarised society

SBT

Because making a gesture I’m ignoring my expenses and filling my car up myself as a grand gesture proves what exactly?

Not a lot imo, but clearly it matters to some people, hence why we’re talking about it on here. You could, of course, eliminate the potential PR problem for the sake of a few quid, but if Rishi would rather keep the money himself then it’s his choice I guess.

Grendel

Not a lot imo, but clearly it matters to some people, hence why we’re talking about it on here. You could, of course, eliminate the potential PR problem for the sake of a few quid, but if Rishi would rather keep the money himself then it’s his choice I guess.

Why though? On a grander scale Blair made a point of sending a child to a non public school when he would in any other profession pay. He ended up selecting the best non paying school depriving someone of that place.

At least Abbott was honest to admit she was loaded, state education is shite and my child isn’t mixing with riff raff I pretend to care about

isnt Lammy one of the biggest expense accounts in the country? It’s nothing. Cameron getting expenses to cut his weeds off his expense paid Oxford mansion was of course an issue this isn’t

SBT

Why though? On a grander scale Blair made a point of sending a child to a non public school when he would in any other profession pay. He ended up selecting the best non paying school depriving someone of that place.

At least Abbott was honest to admit she was loaded, state education is shite and my child isn’t mixing with riff raff I pretend to care about

isnt Lammy one of the biggest expense accounts in the country? It’s nothing. Cameron getting expenses to cut his weeds off his expense paid Oxford mansion was of course an issue this isn’t

I mean, you’d have to ask the people who care why it’s an issue for them. I’m not one of them, but I do find it odd that the Chancellor and his team either couldn’t or wouldn’t try to avert a PR issue for the sake of a few quid.

Props for getting Diane Abbott AND David Lammy in there though! (Minus points for not referring to Blair by his full name)

PVA

That was a Jeremy Corbyn short of a full house!

Good effort, try again next time.

Grendel

That was a Jeremy Corbyn short of a full house!

Good effort, try again next time.

so I should not have mentioned David Cameron - that’s interesting

Grendel

Of course you shouldn't have, David Cameron is clearly not an acceptable But Labour Bingo call.

but I did mention him and his ivy problem

oh well

Grendel

Yes and that's why you've lost But Labour Bingo and need to try harder next time. Keep up!

Wow makes sense. The cutting edge of political debate. Are you related to Brian Walden?

NorthernWisdom

Christ

FOsTfgjXEAUb2L5

Users who are viewing this thread