Do you want to discuss boring politics? (24 Viewers)

shmmeee

Cabinet Office does it at the level she's talking about. She's coming up for a solution to a specific problem that was essentially the Tories capitalising on the panic of the early part of the pandemic.

Its messaging that’s all. Voter concerns for Labour are always that they’ll waste money and listen to loonies. TBF the polling this week suggests it’s working even if I think they’re nobs.

CCFCSteve

The nutters have got a new favourite party.

Thought that was a scene out of Peaky blinders to start with

ps that’s the problem with politics these days, the vitriol spouted about evil, scum etc when in reality some politicians just arent very good. you can end up with some of population thinking parties like the above are the answer if they feel they aren’t being listened to (and they are the parties that people should be really worried about)

Last edited:

oakey

I live in a constituency with a Tory MP, 3 Tory councillors and a Tory mayor.
All are men over 50.
I am not a tory or a man
None of them have ever canvassed my views and only reply with generic emails to my concerns.
Contacting any of these is literally a waste of time.
I am not represented by them or listened to.

Evo1883

The nutters have got a new favourite party.

Can only be a positive.

Slightly less tory votes at the next election , we just need traditional labour voters to not have a brain fart and vote Labour again , and also current Labour voters not to go green or the monster raving loony party

Skybluefaz

Can only be a positive.

Slightly less tory votes at the next election , we just need traditional labour voters to not have a brain fart and vote Labour again , and also current Labour voters not to go green or the monster raving loony party
I think they'll be splitting the tory vote. Although I hope not too much. My faith in the public of late is being tested but these lot should be a goose step too far to the right for most.

Evo1883

Also in regards to the recent " only women have cervix " debate .

Labour being ridiculed all over social media over this .

Not arsed about what you believe in , I'm more concerned about why Labour keep this kind of politics at the front of its agenda , thus essentially putting people off them 'again' when they should be capitalising on a dreadful 18 months for the tories .

The tories are shit keir aren't they mate, here's your chance , destroy them

KIER : "Yea but men can have a cervix "
giphy.gif

chiefdave

I'm more concerned about why Labour keep this kind of politics at the front of its agenda , thus essentially putting people off them 'again' when they should be capitalising on a dreadful 18 months for the tories .
Would be interesting to get figures on how often members of the opposition are asked questions on this compared to how often the same questions are asked of the government.

NorthernWisdom

Are they though? Or is it your Nick Ferrari's of the world constantly asking this sort of question to get outraged at something.
Yeah, I suspect it's doing Labour's opposition's work for them, to focus on that. That discussion can (and should, really) be had, but it's not the meat on the bones - there's a minimum wage debate that's more worth focussing on, whatever your view of the different positions.

Evo1883

Yeah, I suspect it's doing Labour's opposition's work for them, to focus on that. That discussion can (and should, really) be had, but it's not the meat on the bones - there's a minimum wage debate that's more worth focussing on, whatever your view of the different positions.

There's a million and 1 things to talk about right now .

Brexit handling , Wages , living conditions , poverty , the state of the NHS , security...

It's so painful seeing this constant dribble from Labour

NorthernWisdom

Brexit handling , Wages , living conditions , poverty , the state of the NHS , security...

But... there's a minimum wage debate right now! There's a pledge for funding for green energy.

*These* are the things that are happening. *They're* th things worth focussing on.

NorthernWisdom

Ofcourse , problem is they cant even agree to that within the party .
They can't, but then the time to debate it is now, surely, and get the rough bits out the way in good time before an election. Hopefully, both sides can accept whatever the result is, and fight as one from that point... but then that is the problem with allowing representation from everybody really, everybody sticks their oar in!

You know, I've never done political conferences, but have done a number of pretty large conferences in the past as part of my, errrm, career(?) Basically, you can find whatever view you like if you seek it out, as people highlight a wide range of views, and policies, and agendas. Maybe they do need a spot more grandstanding than they do, a bit more oratory but... the fight overall is with Conservatives and others. What I'd always liked about the Labour Party was the way anybody could challenge whatever the leadership wanted to do. What I've liked less is the way they keep doing it, regardless!

It would be nice to think Labour would actually learn from the Conservatives(!) get the pain out the way now, be cohesive by the time of a general election. I know that might be a naive thought but, again, it's pragmatism. In my own head I've been proved right we'd have been better off with a Corbyn government than the current lot, so I wish people had backed him more at those points. Same applies now, really. We have the leader we have, don't sidetrack him by making him use too much of his energy fighting his own party.

Grendel

Are they though? Or is it your Nick Ferrari's of the world constantly asking this sort of question to get outraged at something.

Well they could just say women have a cervix - Starmer said that was not a good thing to say by the Labour MP

Grendel

Anyway let’s be honest until they dump Raynor in the cess pit she seems to have lived in most of her life the party are not electable

Nice to see old Len as well selling his book and moaning the Labour moderates stopped Corbyn from winning and being the best Prime Minister since Atlee

Hertsccfc

But it's what thd mainly Tory press want to report from Labour

clint van damme

But many of these things were discussed but the cervix thing gets focused on.

They don't help themselves though, when asked they should just say there are far more important things to discuss instead of the drivel Starmer came out with.

Evo1883

But many of these things were discussed but the cervix thing gets focused on.

They don't help themselves though, when asked they should just say there are far more important things to discuss instead of the drivel Starmer came out with.

That's exactly what I'm getting at , and exactly what he should say ..

we have other more pressing issues to tackle right now

Grendel

I think they'll be splitting the tory vote. Although I hope not too much. My faith in the public of late is being tested but these lot should be a goose step too far to the right for most.

most Labour northern voters lost at the last election will identify with their stance on immigration and transgender than the Islington focus Group running Labour

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well they could just say women have a cervix - Starmer said that was not a good thing to say by the Labour MP

But then there would be the backlash of 'what about women who have had to have their removed for medical reasons? Are they not women then?"

It's largely a load of bollocks by people who are looking to be offended and/or feel like a victim.

Brighton Sky Blue

I live in a constituency with a Tory MP, 3 Tory councillors and a Tory mayor.
All are men over 50.
I am not a tory or a man
None of them have ever canvassed my views and only reply with generic emails to my concerns.
Contacting any of these is literally a waste of time.
I am not represented by them or listened to.

At least you get responses from yours.

Yes that's right Matt Western, ignore me and I'll just forget to turn up next time you want a vote to keep your wafer thin majority.

Brighton Sky Blue

Anyway let’s be honest until they dump Raynor in the cess pit she seems to have lived in most of her life the party are not electable

Nice to see old Len as well selling his book and moaning the Labour moderates stopped Corbyn from winning and being the best Prime Minister since Atlee

Let's be honest they could do every little thing on here the critics have suggested and there would always be some other reason. The brand is so poor it's probably irredeemable at this stage

TomRad85

Let's be honest they could do every little thing on here the critics have suggested and there would always be some other reason. The brand is so poor it's probably irredeemable at this stage
Still think it's as much to do with the insufferable gimps that vote for them and preach on social media about it, as it is the party itself.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Still think it's as much to do with the insufferable gimps that vote for them and preach on social media about it, as it is the party itself.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

You should see what my Tory voting friends post, it's no less gimpish. Bit hard to find a party to follow really as someone who just wants more investment in public services, a higher minimum wage and slightly looser drug regulations, but doesn't want to engage in debate on scientific facts being transphobic

Users who are viewing this thread