Do you want to discuss boring politics? (19 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Just don’t think spending time and resource on animals is the priority nor should social media decide operational decisions in a humanitarian crisis.

None of that excuses the Tory fuckups. But it’s the forces not the Tories saying what I’m saying.
Again. As far as I understand it was a private charter flight paid for by donations. The animals went in the hold and the Taliban wouldn’t let the Afghanistan personnel and their families through. Had the government did what they were embarrassed into doing in the first place it’s quite possible that the Afghanistan personnel would have gotten out too.

shmmeee

Again. As far as I understand it was a private charter flight paid for by donations. The animals went in the hold and the Taliban wouldn’t let the Afghanistan personnel and their families through. Had the government did what they were embarrassed into doing in the first place it’s quite possible that the Afghanistan personnel would have gotten out too.

Not the point who paid for it or where the animals were (though I’d bet a few afghanis would’ve happily gone in the hole considering they were clinging to the outside of aircraft). But it’s the operational resources needed to secure and organise the flight that are taking away from people in need.

I get you’re a vegan or whatever and think animals take precedence over humans, I don’t is all.

Evo1883

“be nice”

As I said the guys a prick and actual human lives were almost certainly lost because of his ridiculous antics. This isn’t about Boris, it’s about the people trying to save lives in Afghanistan

Hard to be nice in such a serious situation after you've been fucked about .

I'm all for him saving his animals , why not .

I'd save my dog over half the humans on this planet

Blame Biden, not pen farthing

I'm also going to guess you'd save your pets over Boris if given the chance 😉

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Not the point who paid for it or where the animals were (though I’d bet a few afghanis would’ve happily gone in the hole considering they were clinging to the outside of aircraft). But it’s the operational resources needed to secure and organise the flight that are taking away from people in need.

I get you’re a vegan or whatever and think animals take precedence over humans, I don’t is all.
It needed an OK from the government. Nothing more nothing less. Raab could have done it from his sun bed with a mobile phone. A few Afghans never got the opportunity to go in the hold because of the deliberate delay by the government, the flight didn’t stop anyone from getting on a flight. The only people that did that was the government. Given PF couldn’t get his people and family on this privately chartered plane I’m guessing that it was half empty, at least. Not sure how you’re not getting this. This flight hasn’t stopped anyone getting out of Afghanistan, had the government not been dicks this flight would have had many more people on it as it would have gone before the Taliban took control of access to the airport and more people would have gotten through. This should and could have been an opportunity to increase capacity getting out but that was scuppered by our government.

Grendel

bollocks as usual

Grendel

Hard to be nice in such a serious situation after you've been fucked about .

I'm all for him saving his animals , why not .

I'd save my dog over half the humans on this planet

Blame Biden, not pen farthing

I'm also going to guess you'd save your pets over Boris if given the chance 😉

he really is a nasty excuse for a human isn’t he.

skybluetony176

It’s scary. On the aircraft front I was reading something earlier that says that the actual number is less as numerous aircraft were used to escape with and sizeable numbers are already in neighbouring countries. There’s also the issue that the US had something like 60’000 contractors in there maintaining them and they’ve all left so the Taliban is unlikely to be able to use most of it as they won’t have the spares to maintain them or the personnel to do the work. Also wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a series of drone attacks once all American bodies are out in a couple of days on things like the Blackhawks and C130’s.

The armoured vehicles and weapons on the other hand is a different story. The Taliban has been promoted from Toyota pick up trucks to purpose built armoured battle wagons overnight and a free weapons cache they could only have dreamed of. Doesn’t bode well for the other factions in Afghanistan that are considered friendly to the west and still fighting them, although it might actually do the west a favour if the Taliban are fighting IS in Afghanistan. Not that the Taliban is much better.

wingy

It’s scary. On the aircraft front I was reading something earlier that says that the actual number is less as numerous aircraft were used to escape with and sizeable numbers are already in neighbouring countries. There’s also the issue that the US had something like 60’000 contractors in there maintaining them and they’ve all left so the Taliban is unlikely to be able to use most of it as they won’t have the spares to maintain them or the personnel to do the work. Also wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a series of drone attacks once all American bodies are out in a couple of days on things like the Blackhawks and C130’s.

The armoured vehicles and weapons on the other hand is a different story. The Taliban has been promoted from Toyota pick up trucks to purpose built armoured battle wagons overnight and a free weapons cache they could only have dreamed of. Doesn’t bode well for the other factions in Afghanistan that are considered friendly to the west and still fighting them, although it might actually do the west a favour if the Taliban are fighting IS in Afghanistan. Not that the Taliban is much better.
Think I read one got shot down crossing a border.

Evo1883

A US army General on sky news has just said .

" no military in the world tries to avoid civilian casualties like the US military "

Nearly choked on my Curly Wurly

chiefdave

I don't know,but it does mean I can't get a blood test until 27th September...
Are they made of glass? There was an issue with vaccine vials as we'd closed the UK based factory that manufactured the glass and therefore had to import which meant being in competition with other countries. Could be something similar.

NorthernWisdom

So naturally the earlier dates after that are booked... apart from a date I can't do.

Compounded by the fact in the Covid madness they lost the blood test I did last year... so me assuming all was OK may have been naive!

Philosorapter

As many Labour voters feel Starmer should step down as leader, as staying on.

Makes for a fascinating Conference. Could be his first and last as leader.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

William Hill is now offering odds on whether Starmer will be Labour leader or not going into the next General Election.

wingy

What do we think of this?
Much mooted over the last couple of months .
I see there is another article in the same publication regards rewards being increased .
Think this one suggests it's aimed at green industry's.
I'm sceptical myself, given that govts scheme's can often run at significantly more than an individual or company can generally source their own projects.

chiefdave

Tories gonna Tory. I don’t know why people buy their nonsense about no tax rises every time. It’s in their nature to hit the working peoples on income so they can stay away from their donors’ wealth.
Look at the replies to that tweet. There's already people in there defending them for breaking their manifesto promise.

Users who are viewing this thread