Do you want to discuss boring politics? (12 Viewers)

stupot07

So the PM is responding to very urgent international crisis of whats happening in Afghanistan by recalling Parliament on Wednesday....yes Wednesday....must be busy buying nappies

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I was wrong. Hes on holiday. Ffs

Grendel

Grendel

Neither of the 2 countries which were most involved are in the EU.

That’s a cop out. The Eu armed forces were involved at the outset and many deployed troops. In fact many increased their presence as part of NATO in higher percentages than the U.K.

Sick Boy

That’s a cop out. The Eu armed forces were involved at the outset and many deployed troops. In fact many increased their presence as part of NATO in higher percentages than the U.K.
So the USA invades the country and yet somehow it’s deflected onto the EU, wow. 😂😂😂

Grendel

So the USA invades the country and yet somehow it’s deflected onto the EU, wow. 😂😂😂

well no as you said the two main countries - and you included the U.K. - but it’s not true and the initial invasion after 9/11 was a coalition of many countries.
The us has a huge military personnel. I think you’d be surprised how many troops the Eu has deployed over the years

skybluetony176

Wasn’t there only 2 invading forces and anyone that followed was part of a NATO piece keeping force?

Grendel

if you believe the data and I’m not sure it’s entirely correct far more Germana have has a stint in Afghanistan than U.K. soldiers despite the fact their absolute numbers of personnel is far less

Sick Boy

if you believe the data and I’m not sure it’s entirely correct far more Germana have has a stint in Afghanistan than U.K. soldiers despite the fact their absolute numbers of personnel is far less
On a serious note, all the countries involved should be doing what it can to take in refugees from the area, the situation over there is likely to get very nasty - it’s no good western countries just walking away and turning a blind eye to it.

COV

Wasn’t there only 2 invading forces and anyone that followed was part of a NATO piece keeping force?

From what I can see you’re right- even a quick google shows that us & USA were the belligerents, along with something called the ‘NATO Resolute Support Mission’ made up from different countries including the EU

Ian1779

So 20 years of misery and death and all we’ve managed to achieve is create the perfect vacuum for a new terrorist cell to develop.

COV

So 20 years of misery and death and all we’ve managed to achieve is create the perfect vacuum for a new terrorist cell to develop.

This is one thing Boris Johnson can’t be blamed for, guess Blair is the one with questions to answer… I may be completely wrong on that though, might have got my needless foreign wars mixed up 🙈

Grendel

This is one thing Boris Johnson can’t be blamed for, guess Blair is the one with questions to answer… I may be completely wrong on that though, might have got my needless foreign wars mixed up 🙈

I personally find it amusing you are effectively saying Obama is a warmonger - there was significant troop escalation in his time there - and trump a peacemaker

Grendel

From what I can see you’re right- even a quick google shows that us & USA were the belligerents, along with something called the ‘NATO Resolute Support Mission’ made up from different countries including the EU

who needs historians and research - all we need is the Tonester Ring of Steel and Wiki

Grendel

On a serious note, all the countries involved should be doing what it can to take in refugees from the area, the situation over there is likely to get very nasty - it’s no good western countries just walking away and turning a blind eye to it.

If we really want to be clever about this the two countries most responsible - Russia and China I doubt will be taking many refugees in and i suspect if they were then the Afghans will take their chances at home

shmmeee

If we really want to be clever about this the two countries most responsible - Russia and China I doubt will be taking many refugees in and i suspect if they were then the Afghans will take their chances at home

Humanitarianism isn’t a competition. JFC.

Grendel

Humanitarianism isn’t a competition. JFC.

no one is saying it is. Biden has pretty much said they must live with it and I do believe you allied yourself to Biden didn’t you?

shmmeee

no one is saying it is. Biden has pretty much said they must live with it and I do believe you allied yourself to Biden didn’t you?

What are you on about you child?

What anyone else does has no bearing on our ability to act with moral clarity in a humanitarian crisis.

“Allied yourself with Biden” 😂😂😂 Yeah mate he’s just got back from signing the accord. You fucking lemon.

Brighton Sky Blue

I was wrong. Hes on holiday. Ffs

I agree that it was 20 years, but I don't see what the objective was. They went in there to get Bin Laden, they killed him years ago and kept moving the goalposts to justify staying when it was clear they could never fully defeat the Taliban. Yes the collapse of the government so shortly after withdrawal confirms the whole thing was a failure, but this was the 21st century Vietnam. They never really had a clear objective on account of the military industrial complex's influence on America's foreign policy and by extension ours.

We have already allied ourselves to the most extremist Islamic regime in the world in any case.

Grendel

What are you on about you child?

What anyone else does has no bearing on our ability to act with moral clarity in a humanitarian crisis.

“Allied yourself with Biden” 😂😂😂 Yeah mate he’s just got back from signing the accord. You fucking lemon.

Biden has declared there will be no fifth president who has to deal with Afghanistan - he’s closed the door - he won’t be taking in refugees - he wants out - own it you suck up to him day in day out

Calling me a child when yesterday you had a bizarre flounce called someone a sausage and boldly declared you are muting him - well it’s hardly a threat like the Taliban is it

Sick Boy

Biden has declared there will be no fifth president who has to deal with Afghanistan - he’s closed the door - he won’t be taking in refugees - he wants out - own it you suck up to him day in day out

Calling me a child when yesterday you had a bizarre flounce called someone a sausage and boldly declared you are muting him - well it’s hardly a threat like the Taliban is it
Wasn’t it Trump who started the withdrawal?

skybluetony176

who needs historians and research - all we need is the Tonester Ring of Steel and Wiki
Grendulls been on wiki to check again. Clearly it was just us and the US who invaded. That was certainly my memory of it and as I had two cousins in the British forces at the time and indeed part of the U.K./US coalition that invaded I was paying quite a bit of attention to what was happening at the time. Thanks for the confirmation that my memory was correct Grendull with your usual can’t argue the point so attack the messenger instead stance. Always confirmation that you were right in the first place.

skybluetony176

Looks like Rory Stewart called it right again

To think he was in the running for Tory leader and we ended up with Boris who has today said “Afghanistan can’t be a breeding ground for terrorists”. Too late Boris, the horse has bolted. Clueless prick.

shmmeee

I agree that it was 20 years, but I don't see what the objective was. They went in there to get Bin Laden, they killed him years ago and kept moving the goalposts to justify staying when it was clear they could never fully defeat the Taliban. Yes the collapse of the government so shortly after withdrawal confirms the whole thing was a failure, but this was the 21st century Vietnam. They never really had a clear objective on account of the military industrial complex's influence on America's foreign policy and by extension ours.

We have already allied ourselves to the most extremist Islamic regime in the world in any case.

Afghanistan is always going to be geopolitically important

Are you OK?

I said Biden hasn’t got dementia and has generally been a decent president for people with a left wing economic agenda. That doesn’t mean I support every move he makes and it got less than fuck all to do with whether I think my country that I live in and that represent me should take in Afghani asylum seekers from a humanitarian crisis.

You sausage.

skybluetony176

Boris Johnson remarks to the Commons 8th July: “I am sure they will be aware that there is no military path to victory for the Taliban...I do not believe that the Taliban are guaranteed the kind of victory that we sometimes read about.”

Brighton Sky Blue

And yet it has never really been successfully conquered by an invading foreign force. Not the British Empire, USSR or the USA despite many years trying. So perhaps we should have realised that a lot sooner and come up with a different way of making it a functioning state

Grendel

Are you OK?

I said Biden hasn’t got dementia and has generally been a decent president for people with a left wing economic agenda. That doesn’t mean I support every move he makes and it got less than fuck all to do with whether I think my country that I live in and that represent me should take in Afghani asylum seekers from a humanitarian crisis.

You sausage.

im fine thanks and well as for Biden point scoring let’s take a look - you were bigging him up the other day?

I have to tread carefully or you might cry and threaten to mute me - how will I survive

Users who are viewing this thread