Do you want to discuss boring politics? (14 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Always wondered what the Latin for c*** is....
Read some of Catullus' and Ovid's poetry, you'll find lots of them in there! The former even writes one that includes the line 'he eats his own shit and drinks his own piss'

shmmeee

an absolute c**t of a man.
Constantly hides behind his religion when it suits but conveniently ignores any part of the bible or Christian philosophy that contradicts his I'm alright jack outlook on life.
But has a posh accent and can spout a bit of Latin so gets a pass from a large chunk of the cap doffing electorate.

What I don’t get is the same electorate getting all bent out of shape at Starmer being a Sir. Is it because he’s earned it and Mogg and the rest had it given to them? Genuinely confused.

clint van damme

Oh dear, it looks like our Nigel is been upgraded by the FBI from a person of interest to 'investigated for multiple data crimes' in the Russia investigation

Just rumours at the moment but the thought of that walk sitting in a cell is fucking hilarious.

chiefdave

Johnson has given Peter Cruddas a seat in the House of Lords for 'services to the country'. That's the same Peter Cruddas who was caught in the 'cash for access' scandal.
BBC said:
Conservative Party co-treasurer Peter Cruddas has resigned after secretly filmed footage showed him apparently offering access to the prime minister for a donation of £250,000 a year.

He made the claim to Sunday Times reporters posing as potential donors.

He said £250,000 gave "premier league" access, including dinner with David Cameron and possibly the chance to influence government policy.
Sure the fact he was on the board of Vote Leave and has donated over £3.5m to the Conservatives, including £50K to Johnson last year, has nothing to do with it.

The House of Lords appointment commission, an independent body, advised against the appointment but were ignored by Johnson. Rather conveniently its been done when MPs are away and Johnson can't be questioned on it.

The speaker of the House of Lords, Norman Fowler, isn't happy about the rate at which Johnson is appointing new peers.
My response to the announcement today that the Prime Minister has appointed 16 new peers to the House of Lords:

My fundamental concern is about the number of new peers that have been appointed by the Prime Minister in his first 12 months in Office. Mr Johnson has added 16 to his list of appointments bringing the total for the year up to 52 new peers over two lists. This list will bring the total in the House of Lords to over 830 - almost 200 more than the House of Commons.

I will not comment on the personalities involved, although perhaps I could personally welcome John Sentamu, but my concern remains that the central defect is the present system of appointments. Unlike other senates in democratic countries, there is no limit on the number of members there can be. Any Prime Minister can appoint as many as he or she likes. To her great credit the previous Prime Minister, Theresa May, committed her government to a policy of ‘moderation.'.

In a massive U-turn, those words seem to have been forgotten. It may also now be the time to review the role and the powers of the House of Lords Appointments Commission (HOLAC).

The number of appointments now being made also run smack against the recommendations of the Burns committee on the size of the House that was overwhelmingly endorsed by the House of Lords. The committee recommended that numbers should be reduced to 600.

To add insult to injury, for the second time the announcement of new peers has been made when Parliament is not sitting.

Sometimes the Lords itself is blamed for a failure to change. My answer to that is- don't blame the Lords, blame successive governments who have avoided the subject. The reply has been that change is ‘not a priority’. It is possible that with the last two lists, the public may now disagree.

skybluetony176

Johnson has given Peter Cruddas a seat in the House of Lords for 'services to the country'. That's the same Peter Cruddas who was caught in the 'cash for access' scandal.

Sure the fact he was on the board of Vote Leave and has donated over £3.5m to the Conservatives, including £50K to Johnson last year, has nothing to do with it.

The House of Lords appointment commission, an independent body, advised against the appointment but were ignored by Johnson. Rather conveniently its been done when MPs are away and Johnson can't be questioned on it.

The speaker of the House of Lords, Norman Fowler, isn't happy about the rate at which Johnson is appointing new peers.
Covidiot and general idiot Daniel Hannan too I heard earlier.

clint van damme

rumours on social media that Keith is resigning. Stress it's on social media so probably bollocks

chiefdave

rumours on social media that Keith is resigning. Stress it's on social media so probably bollocks
That's got to be bollocks unless there's something coming out in the Sunday papers tomorrow. As ineffectual as he's been that's not a reason to quit after 9 months.

clint van damme

That's got to be bollocks unless there's something coming out in the Sunday papers tomorrow. As ineffectual as he's been that's not a reason to quit after 9 months.

rumours somethings happened, people hinting at drink driving. Again, it's on social media so it probably is bollocks.

Grendel

rumours somethings happened, people hinting at drink driving. Again, it's on social media so it probably is bollocks.

I have seen this but i suspect it’s nonsense

Grendel

Type of thing chiefdave would say FACT I’ve seen it on SOCIAL MEDIA

David O'Day

It's a bunch of sad losers who want a return to the days of the fucking awful corbyn leadership

Ian1779

It's a bunch of sad losers who want a return to the days of the fucking awful corbyn leadership
Might have been a lot easier to dismiss if Starmer was available to say something.... anything... on any important issue at all....

David O'Day

Might have been a lot easier to dismiss if Starmer was available to say something.... anything... on any important issue at all....

Maybe they are too busy dealing things that matter like upcoming end of the Eviction ban, the end of SEISS, the mortgage holiday deadline, the closing of the business support schemes and the cut in UC.

Ian1779

Maybe they are too busy dealing things that matter like upcoming end of the Eviction ban, the end of SEISS, the mortgage holiday deadline, the closing of the business support schemes and the cut in UC.
Oh I saw that finally - it did take them 6 months to get round to it though.

If you think Starmer is doing a good job then fair play - I don’t think he’s doing anything noteworthy IMO.

shmmeee

Oh I saw that finally - it did take them 6 months to get round to it though.

If you think Starmer is doing a good job then fair play - I don’t think he’s doing anything noteworthy IMO.

I mean, you’re demonstrably incorrect.

F472398F-03ED-4742-8818-625224AD56FC.jpeg

chiefdave

Another fine example of trickle down economics.

The amount chief execs earn has gone from 20 times the average worker in the 80s to now be 120 times. BBC saying they have to work 34 hours to beat the median average pay.
Also in the news the ONS have said they have persistently underestimated the extent of income inequality in the UK and it is at least 2.4% higher than official figures.

Users who are viewing this thread