Do you now believe it is possible? (1 Viewer)

skablue

Intresting opinion Don, AT had a lot of shit to deal with and will always be tarnished with taking us down same as Strachan did. Just hope that Robins can carry us over the line whereas Roland failed to do so... PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

Realistically we're still 5-6 points off the playoffs once the games in hand are played. But there's 15 games left and we look like continuing to gain ground, so why not?

Would be more convinced if we got someone quick and tricky in on loan though...

Not that many 3-4 @most, teams with games in hand can't get maximum points because they're playing each other, so, at least, say, half the teams will drop points somewhere.

People say that we're in a false position, which we are to an extent, but all the other teams are in an equally precarious position because they have to play teams around them.

Colonel Mustard

Yes colonel, although it would be interesting to see the direction that those averages are going in.......Sheffield Utd were leading the table, early doors, so their average was probably higher to start with, and is only holding up to 1.65 now because it was much higher to start with......in other words, if the trends continue, we will be above them.

Trends can be useful, but I'd hesitate to read too much into them with a full third of the season to go. They just seem too small.

CCFC, under Robins, are currently on course for around 74 points. I took a look at the points of the sixth-placed team over the last 15 years or so, but only around a quarter of them had 74 points or fewer.

So history's odds are against CCFC, for one thing. Then you have to assume that the Robins surge will continue (factored into the initial numbers) and that other teams will remain static or fall away, not having any surge of their own or failing to recapture earlier form. It just seems a lot to ask for. Could happen, but now posts are appearing elsewhere talking about CCFC going for the automatic spots! The enthusiasm is infectious, but I think it would be healthy to keep our feet planted firmly on the ground; we may very well have to look to 2013/2014.

Last edited:

Grendel

No I THINK AT would have got us up. For the first time in his tenure he was supported by our board.

However I now KNOW....

MR would have got us up as champions....

So no gut instinct tells me MR us a better manager.

However I think it is a load of tosh that people think AT failed this season.

He was sacked after one poor result....

What do you mean at last backed him? If he had applied for any managers job in England he'd have been laughed out of town.

Robins has had to pick up the wreckage that clueless fool left behind. Still don't stop defending him its hilarious.

Brighton Sky Blue

Backing Thorn and messing around hiring his eventual replacement has cost this club an automatic promotion challenge. One which we would likely have pulled off successfully.

Fisher and Waggott are as culpable for this as anyone-but for us to be challenging the play offs after the shambles of the Thorn era is nothing short of miraculous. I remain fuming that he wasn't dismissed a lot sooner.

Sky Blue Ian

It was Shaw's 5 game tenure which really cost us. And it all started so well for him with a win against Birmingham. 15 points dropped had we have just picked up a win and a draw we would be in top 6. I still think we will finish 5th but lose in the play off semis

Users who are viewing this thread