Do you now believe it is possible? (1 Viewer)

skablue

Nov 28, 2011
Jpt final and playoffs - i'm convinced it's nailed on - pusb

CovisGod

Dec 13, 2010
No, I refuse to get my hopes up. Were playing well and I'm genuinley enjoying the buzz around us at the moment but I cannot let myself get over excited......just incase

Black6Osprey

Aug 19, 2012
It's always been possible but not likely. It's now more likely but still a long way from nailed on in my opinion. The extra games we've played are a bit of a pisser but keep to 2 pts per game and we will be there.

skablue

Nov 28, 2011
Covisgod- know where your coming from but in the past we have fallen for the false messiah, Mark Robins is the Messiah in his own image - PUSB

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Realistically we're still 5-6 points off the playoffs once the games in hand are played. But there's 15 games left and we look like continuing to gain ground, so why not?

Would be more convinced if we got someone quick and tricky in on loan though...

Paxman II

Mar 16, 2011
Cotswolds
those with games in hand also have to play us. They also have to play each other like tomorrow. games in hand are not points in hand.
Playoffs look more and more likely. Tonights win lifts the desire again and the belief to a high level. We are the team noone wants to play now.

BackRoomRummermill

Aug 4, 2010
Back In UK
FFS guys can you not see what has been happening over the last 2 months ? I am a genuine realist . This is what ya call .......... CCFC a late runner

We will be promoted ! Then the next but .......................

SkyBlueBlood

Aug 4, 2010
Coventry
We may not make the play offs, but if we do we would be red hot favorites as we will be the form team going into it and with our support thats worth a goal a game.

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
Possible, but still tough. Better to have the points on the board for sure, but many teams with 3 games in hand. We need other teams to fail and also for them to take points off each other when they play.

Also what is going to be key is the fixtures for us against Brentford and Bournemouth. We will need to win both those I feel.

CovisGod

Dec 13, 2010
Don't get me wrong I'm by no means one of these Pessemists that doesn't get excited just so I can turn around and say "I told you so" if something goes wrong, I just think the closer we get to promotion / Wembley etc. being a reality, If I whole heartidly believe the hype and start to think that it's actually going to happen, if things go wrong I'll be heart broken

CovMatt1987

Aug 17, 2012
I said it in a post a couple of days ago, we just keep our form up and we will be in. games in hand for other teams or not, we keep going like we are and we are in.

I also said the next four league games (including Sheff United) were massive in terms of knowing where we sit. by the end of that period alot of the teams around us will have caught up a couple of the games they have in hand. Weve got Yeovil at home, Bury away and Crewe at home. taken individually on paper we should win all three....and if we take it all one game at a time I think we will. do that, and we wont be far off 7th still - plus we will have taken points off one of the teams closest to us in Yeovil.

rupert_bear

Nov 14, 2012
Todays win was massave, and make no mistake we are the team to beat and i think at the moment the best team in the league, amd if...if...if Robins is allowed a couple of loans this week play-offs or even better is very possible and forget the setbacks against Shrewsbury and Carlisle it happens and that Shtrewsbury match was a freak

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Oct 16, 2010
If we had gotten 6 points off Shrews and Carlise which wasn't an unrealistic aim we would now be in 3rd place and 3 points off auto, I know there is no point dwelling on past results but just pointing it out

If we can back up this win with 9 points from Yeovil, Bury and Crewe we should have one foot in the top 6. A very tough ask but that is the sort of run we are going to need to break into the top 6

CovMatt1987

Aug 17, 2012
Surely a lot depends on our results against the teams above us that we still have to play.......

It does and thats a fair statement but its also a good thing - Its in our hands to make the ground up and we are playing as good as anyone in this league at present. I think we have four games still against teams in the top six at present, and three of those are at home. I know we havent been as good at home but you'd hope when it really comes down to it, with the crowds up we can step up. if not, we dont deserve to make the playoffs

Astute

Aug 2, 2011
Cumbria
I have believed it was possible since we were in the bottom 4. That was when Paxman, myself and a couple of others were deluded :D

Colonel Mustard

Mar 29, 2011
Big bloody mansion
The playoffs remain a tall order. To give some idea:

CCFC have averaged a whopping 1.83 points per game since Robins took the hotseat. The sixth place team, Sheffield United, have averaged 1.65 points per game all season.

Despite this, Sheffield United would still pip CCFC to sixth spot if those averages played out over the remaining games of the season. The early season form is a weight around the ankles.

While we may say 'sure, but other teams in the playoffs are likely to tail off', that would still require CCFC to continue this premium level of performance.

I'd bet against it, but I sure hope I'm wrong.

sky_blue_up_north

Mar 5, 2011
Middlewich, Cheshire
Win at home draw away, then we have a great chance... Would not have believed it a couple of months ago. Always thought the JPT was on, but never thought we had a chance of the play offs, we could even do it automatically!! Shocked I'm saying that...

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
yes always have since we off loaded that twat AT

Or invested in the squad. Disclaimer Mark Robins is a good manager......
The twat never managed a team which was invested in equal of more than the number losses

Apologies he did for three games draw with Yeovil away Sheff Utd at home and Bury at home.

One bad result

Last edited:

georgehudson

Aug 6, 2011
continue the away form & results,
find a way to beat teams who 'park the bus' @ the ricoh,
& the team to LISTEN to the manager,
then everything is possible,
oh! i forgot, the owners need a sense of reasoning,
PUSB

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012
If we had gotten 6 points off Shrews and Carlise which wasn't an unrealistic aim we would now be in 3rd place and 3 points off auto, I know there is no point dwelling on past results but just pointing it out

If we can back up this win with 9 points from Yeovil, Bury and Crewe we should have one foot in the top 6. A very tough ask but that is the sort of run we are going to need to break into the top 6

Yeovil will be tough, it is amazing what they are achieving really.......

BurbageSkyBlues

Apr 1, 2011
Would have believed 100x more if Carlisle and Shrewsbury hadn't done the double over us..

Disappointing as it is to lose those doubles, it's a whole lot better than having the double done over us by the teams above/around us !

There is no team in the top few that has taken more than three points off us. In fact, our record against most is excellent.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011

BurbageSkyBlues

Apr 1, 2011
CCFC have averaged a whopping 1.83 points per game since Robins took the hotseat. The sixth place team, Sheffield United, have averaged 1.65 points per game all season.

Despite this, Sheffield United would still pip CCFC to sixth spot if those averages played out over the remaining games of the season

Yes colonel, although it would be interesting to see the direction that those averages are going in.......Sheffield Utd were leading the table, early doors, so their average was probably higher to start with, and is only holding up to 1.65 now because it was much higher to start with......in other words, if the trends continue, we will be above them.

Take a look at the form for the last six games

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/table/form

Last edited:

skablue

Nov 28, 2011
The twat never managed a team which was invested in equal of more than the number losses

Apologies he did for three games draw with Yeovil away Sheff Utd at home and Bury at home.

One bad result

Don, excuse me if I misunderstand you but i've been to the pub for a few hours, is it your contention that Andy Thorn would have achieved the same as Mark Robins had he been given the opportunity

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012

One bad result

Don, excuse me if I misunderstand you but i've been to the pub for a few hours, is it your contention that Andy Thorn would have achieved the same as Mark Robins had he been given the opportunity

No I THINK AT would have got us up. For the first time in his tenure he was supported by our board.

However I now KNOW....

MR would have got us up as champions....

So no gut instinct tells me MR us a better manager.

However I think it is a load of tosh that people think AT failed this season.

He was sacked after one poor result....

dongonzalos

Feb 13, 2012

Despite this, Sheffield United would still pip CCFC to sixth spot if those averages played out over the remaining games of the season

Yes colonel, although it would be interesting to see the direction that those averages are going in.......Sheffield Utd were leading the table, early doors, so their average was probably higher to start with, and is only holding up to 1.65 now because it was much higher to start with......in other words, if the trends continue, we will be above them.

Take a look at the form for the last six games

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/table/form

TBF

MR's first game was after one training session with the team.

What happens if you discount that defeat and run off the 1.91 average over 23 games?

Users who are viewing this thread