Do we think we can get a win Saturday? (2 Viewers)

Otis

Same as I have done, this is my first opening day game in 7 years as I normally on holiday so o looking forward to it

I turned down a job worth £250 for the day so I could go and watch the City on Saturday, so they had better win or else!!! :slap:

Skyblueweeman

Ooh, get you, Mr. Glass Almost Completely Empty.

We surely have a better team than last season don't we? Barton? Jackson? Nouble? McQuoid?

• 23 Allsop
  • 24 Clarke
  • 02 Willis
  • 04 Webster
  • 05 Johnson
  • 03 Pugh
  • 06 Thomas
  • 10 Swanson
  • 11 O'Brien
  • 20 Tudgay
  • 09 McQuoid

That was our team first game of last season. The highlighted players especially getting a lot of stick for not being good enough.

Yeah, I am this season. Unusual for me...historically I've been one of the positive ones on here. Your point about the team being better than last season...we've got rid of dead wood, I'm happy with that. But there's nothing to say Ricketts won't be another Webster or Vincelot another JoB. I might be wrong but haven't we had more go out than come in/step up? I know we're not done yet but even if we bring a couple more in...a few suspensions/injuries and our squad looks weak.

TM has more experience than SP which will be massive. But we're very lightweight up top...I'm struggling to see where the goals are going to come from. Hopefully this lad from Newcastle will stick a few away.

I think years of disappointment have meant I've realigned my expectations, that's all. If we do well, there'll be more to cheer than commiserate.

Otis

Yeah, I am this season. Unusual for me...historically I've been one of the positive ones on here. Your point about the team being better than last season...we've got rid of dead wood, I'm happy with that. But there's nothing to say Ricketts won't be another Webster or Vincelot another JoB. I might be wrong but haven't we had more go out than come in/step up? I know we're not done yet but even if we bring a couple more in...a few suspensions/injuries and our squad looks weak.

TM has more experience than SP which will be massive. But we're very lightweight up top...I'm struggling to see where the goals are going to come from. Hopefully this lad from Newcastle will stick a few away.

I think years of disappointment have meant I've realigned my expectations, that's all. If we do well, there'll be more to cheer than commiserate.

Tell you what, you wear a black armband on Saturday and I will see if I can spot you.

Will you have your head bowed too? :whistle:

Macca

Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of what has happened close season, then I might no whether we have a chance or not

Skyblueweeman

Tell you what, you wear a black armband on Saturday and I will see if I can spot you.

Will you have your head bowed too? :whistle:

Are we not allowed to show concern about our result in Saturday now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

New season, first game, great expectations.

Sent from my LG-D405 using Tapatalk

vow

Of course we can win, I'm going 1-0 City.

Armstrong placed shot :p

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't see us winning Saturday unless a couple more are brought in as we seem to lack goals.

ptr

People saying the squad isn't different to last year...perhaps not but we have a much better manager now. A better structure and a better organisation about us. I feel like the players will give their all for Mowbray. Having said that Wigan will be a tough game. 1-0 either way. I'd just like to see a good performance, something I haven't seen at the Ricoh since...um...yeah.

Hobo

We were never going to get 8 plus quality players in on our budget. It was always going to be 4-5 signings and then about 3 loans. It is not just about the new faces it is about the existing ones improving. Throw in injuries, suspensions, dips in form and 10-12th will be good progress. Get the momentum going at the right time and we might have an outside chance of play offs.

Wigan? Every game can be won. It is the consistently winning that is the difficult one to achieve. Wigan have had 13 through the door, their pre season has been as inspiring as ours. I predict a patchy game, lots of huff and puff but 0-0.

Pie_n_peace

Our (Wigan's) massive turn around in players (quality out, cheap in) will see us going through a transition period for quite a few months. I think Saturday will be a big wake up call for those Latics fans who think we will be dominant this season, we are no where near that. 1:0 to ccfc but most of you will miss the late winner having fallen asleep watching our insipid tippy tappy style of play. Don't try to count the number of defensive cock ups we make trying to pass the ball about, even Bolton fans don't have enough fingers for that :)

lifeskyblue

If you want defensive mistakes...that's the one area we will out perform you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc_Tom

Ooh, get you, Mr. Glass Almost Completely Empty.

We surely have a better team than last season don't we? Barton? Jackson? Nouble? McQuoid?

• 23 Allsop
  • 24 Clarke
  • 02 Willis
  • 04 Webster
  • 05 Johnson
  • 03 Pugh
  • 06 Thomas
  • 10 Swanson
  • 11 O'Brien
  • 20 Tudgay
  • 09 McQuoid

That was our team first game of last season. The highlighted players especially getting a lot of stick for not being good enough.
That is a shite team to be fair

chiefdave

2-1 to us. Early goal for them and the forum in meltdown about certain relegation. Late winner from us, everyone starts talking about promotion.

Ashdown

Of course we can win, but it's a tough prediction to make. Wigan appear to have a better team and we can't score goals, our best hope seems to be Wigan trying desperately to gel and us to score a goal from Reda and hang on !

CCFCKirky

Of course we can win, we just need to get a couple of lucky bounces and take our chances..... I'm going for 1-0 city

shmmeee

Anything can happen first day of the season. Relegated teams are still recovering from the shock, teams can be especially pumped up that day.

I'd be a lot happier if we had a bit more cutting edge. But I reckon a cheeky 2-1 isn't out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread