Do we think we can get a win Saturday? (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

With the game coming in the next 4 days what do people think? I honestly cant see us getting a striker in before the game so honestly i can even see us scoring.

I will go with a 0-1 loss.

Sorry for the negativity

armybike

Yep, we're going to win 2-0. It's all going to click.

steveccfc

I think we might get a loan in before Saturday but I'm not feeling that confident on us winning. Saying that Wigan havent had the best of pre seasons either so a decent time to play them I think due to the massive turn around in there squad.

Going for 1-1 myself

Sky Blue Jack

I think we'll grab a late draw. I don't think we'll have the goals to beat a fairly good Wigan side though, so if we keep it tight at the back I'm going 1-1

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
My heart says 1-0 win my head says 0-0 draw but the coventry way well will lose 1-0 in the last 5mins or injury time.

LB87ccfc

Yep, I reckon we will beat them 2-0 but then lose to Rochdale & Millwall

Millwall are gash and their fans are predicting a relegation dog fight, lost a whole host of players and bringing through academy players to soften the blow, made a lack of signings and an unproven manager, they are not going to be very good.

FRY-CCFC

An excellent chance. Wigan have been poor going forward in pre-season (like us) and we have been fairly solid defensively.

We'll probably lose 5-0 now.

Otis

Of course we can!

The way some people are talking you would think we are playing Man Utd. or something. This is Wigan.

If we were playing say Crystal Palace or Leicester or Southampton or Burnley or Derby in the cup, would we say we could beat them? Of course we'd say we'd a good chance. Just deploy a one off, cup game mentality and go at it full throttle and we have every chance of winning.

Look at Colchester last season v Preston. Preston were unbeaten since 31st January and were on an 18 match unbeaten run. Colchester won.

Of course we can win on Saturday. League One vs. League One. We have a better manager and though, yes, we are still short of key personnel, I have absolutely no reason to believe we can't win on Saturday.

In fact, I am very quietly confident that we will.

lifeskyblue

First game of season anything can happen. I'm going for a ccfc win and everyone at Ricoh happy with result and performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Of course we can!

The way some people are talking you would think we are playing Man Utd. or something. This is Wigan

To be fair Otis, we lost to the likes of Rochdale and Port Vale in the past 12 months. Our playing squad isn't vastly difference.

It'll be interesting to see the difference TM will make...

WM

M&B Stand

The start of the season always throws up strange results. Whatever the result people will be judging the coming season on it, win or lose we need to strengthen, that'll be clear after 10 games.

Otis

To be fair Otis, we lost to the likes of Rochdale and Port Vale in the past 12 months. Our playing squad isn't vastly difference.

It'll be interesting to see the difference TM will make...

WM

Ooh, get you, Mr. Glass Almost Completely Empty.

We surely have a better team than last season don't we? Barton? Jackson? Nouble? McQuoid?

• 23 Allsop
  • 24 Clarke
  • 02 Willis
  • 04 Webster
  • 05 Johnson
  • 03 Pugh
  • 06 Thomas
  • 10 Swanson
  • 11 O'Brien
  • 20 Tudgay
  • 09 McQuoid

That was our team first game of last season. The highlighted players especially getting a lot of stick for not being good enough.

Johnnythespider

I have my doubts, but I saw a bloke in a city shirt on the pier at paignton today so yes

Sick Boy

Millwall are gash and their fans are predicting a relegation dog fight, lost a whole host of players and bringing through academy players to soften the blow, made a lack of signings and an unproven manager, they are not going to be very good.

And so? Have you only just started supporting this club? It's not like we are as good as some like to believe.

stupot07

Can't see us scoring many with the current squad, which is going to make getting wins difficult. Can we win on Saturday? Yes, but I don't think we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

1-1 draw for me. Scoring goals will be a major problem for us, but I think Reda will bullet a header in for us against Wigan. PUSB.

stupot07

They won't get much bonding time with the rest of the squad though, so it'd be unfair to expect instant success from anybody we did sign.

And they could as easily be a Callum Ball as much as a Dominic Samuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

Yes, 2-1. Wigan have some adjusting to do so I don't envisage them hitting the ground running. I'd be surprised if they're not up there come the end of the season but the gulf between league 1 and championship works both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread