Do We Think SISU Are Changing? (1 Viewer)

Nonleagueherewecome

Incidentally, it was the loss of Thomas that made my Dad give up his S.T!

torchomatic

Agreed, my point was our record of not being able to keep hold of good players. Our good players have always become "great" after they've left us.

NONE of whom were as young as him, as die hard Sky Blue as him, or as far away from their potential value as he is! You could argue they were all sold for fees we couldn't turn down and at the most we were ever going to get for them, so I have to disagree with those examples, maybe with the exception of Thomas.

torchomatic

skyblueinBaku

No. They are incompetent and uncaring; out for a quick buck, that's all. They may have realised that relegation from the Championship was a direct result of their actions (and inactions) and so the reduction in revenue next season will be a self inflicted wound. Perhaps they will have learned something from that, and try to make less crass decisions now (but the news about Bigi seems to indicate the contrary). At best, Sisu have become a little less incompetent. But changed? NO

Otis

Have Sisu changed? On what we know so far, not at all.

We were painfully short last season and will be even more so this based on what's happened so far.

Let's see how many more they bring in. Still time yet, though it seems to me that we now need at least another 5 heading this way.

skyblue1523

This is going to keep happening with the new rules the bigger clubs can cherry pick the young talent from various clubs and pay peanuts. The money from sky should be split up better between the leagues but that would never happen.

bulkoskyblue

Ha ha no chance are they changing. Weve lost Cranie, Mcpake, Clingan, for nothing. Norwood and Nimely too will have freed up wages. Bigi will go for an 'undisclosed' fee of £500k, with Keogh to follow for a similar amount. We had a wafer thin squad last season yet its still more out than in.
Fleck looks a promising signing, but was slated by Blackpool last season. Elliott scored 4 in 40 i believe in the pub league, and Zinedine Kilbane will be injured within 3 or 4 games, this season HH.
Just a poor attempt to paper over the cracks and sell a few more season tickets.

torchomatic

Why do people go on about "losing" Cranie and Clingan? They were offered new deals which they turned down.

SkyBlueScottie

Its not all that black and white though is it, as quitre right pointd out Clingan, Cranie McPake were "allowed" to leave for nothing, however it was Sisu that bought them in the 1st place, it will be interesting to see where they and many other "frees' end up as I would imagine thats quite a competitive market at the moment, would a chamoionship club be happy to pay Clingan what he was getting here?

The list of clubs that can offer pay rises to players in the championship must now be getting smaller and smaller, and you are probably only guarenteed a pay rise if you go to the premiership, I cant see that happening for Clingan, perhaps for Cranie with him being young versatile he could potentially end up being thought of as a squad player for a newly promoted team. There is a monumental shift going on in the Championship and lower leagues, we are seeing team which have not burdened themselves with huge costs finding it harder and harder to compete without decent inverstment, where as smaller less bloated clubs are on the rise, and have no huge overheads as such to cover. The club ultimately needs to be run well, there are signs of this such as the marketing / the kit / the Sky Blue revolution, but unless we find the golden egg it will take an amount of time before we can even think of starting to spend money in the hope of giving it a challenge.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
Not really. We've just been a bit luckier. Cranie is a big let down... Keogh i'm hoping we will keep til January like we did with Juke. BUT REALLY... Has SISU changed? NO! All you have to do is look at the amount they have spent. Kilbane=Free Fleck=Free (almost anyway) Elliott=FREE.... That is probably still less in terms of wages than the 3 loan players we had last season not to mention we've lost a few too. Maybe if they bring in 3 more i'll let them off their leash a couple more centimetres.

torchomatic

Otis

Well that's the way I am talking. Numbers in, numbers out and our need for a bigger and stronger squad.

BurbageSkyBlues

just my opinion, of course, but for what it's worth......

I do not think SISU are changing - but they have had to adapt their tactics.

They want to sell our players that are worth something. The problem is, that the squad is so small, that further release of players means we would not have a squad to put out on match days. That means that if they sell someone (eg GB,RK etc), they need to replace them (with cheaper options, presumably). In order to do that, they have had to submit the accounts, to get the embargo lifted. I also suspect that this activity may have been a pre-requisite to any progress on the Ricoh ownership talks - ie the council have said 'prove that you have the club's interests at heart, before we even consider selling'.

We all understand the necessity to operate within our means. The problem is, that we do not know what our means are....due to the convenience that the latest accounts are always 12 months out of date - we need to see what our operating costs were for 2011-2012. There were many big wage earners in 2010/11, that were not there by 2012 - so we are blind to the current running costs and income for this season. For all we know, we could have been at break even by the end of the season, had we stayed up.

Let's rephrase the question slightly....... ' who, on here, would trust their pension fund to SISU, for investment/management...?'

I know my answer.

ccfctommy

I dont think the question should be ' Do we think SISU are changing?'

The real question should be 'Do we think that SISU are at the moment running the club properly to a tight financial budget?'

wingy

No, I'm just saying it's always happened and it always will.

Torch can you ever recall an Era where the club have shipped 18 players summer to summer bringing in 9 including two goalies ,three youth players,selling three<keogh is not included in this but likely.

torchomatic

83/84 maybe.

Torch can you ever recall an Era where the club have shipped 18 players summer to summer bringing in 9 including two goalies ,three youth players,selling three<keogh is not included in this but likely.

theprince

SISU changed ? No chance. They are just grabbing what they can while they can, any Bigi and/or Keogh fee will just about get them through the close season, a third of those fees are owed out to ACL. SISU are finished, no revenue coming in and the prospect of almost a 50% drop in home attendences and a massive drop from away fans.
Let 'em Bleed.

In Hoffman I Trust

torchomatic

Yawn...Do you have one paragraph that you copy and paste on every thread*?

*Like I do.

ccfctommy

Love the old In Hoffman I Trust line trotted out again...take it he's completely dropped of the radar now.

Godiva

Last year they sold anyone they could and did not replace, dragged there heels on Loanees as well. This year they have got 3 players in, they have held off at present about selling, although i think the amount of clubs looking at Keogh it is only a matter of time. We do need money for survival this year, so if by selling Keough it funds us for the year, i suppose we have to accept it. Thorn appears to be getting players he needs to get us back up, a few more are required and hopefully either purchase or Loans it will happen.
We have small fan base (thanks to them) so they may need to wheel and deal to keep us going - Accept that as long as it is wheel and deal not just sell.

Do people think they are conducting business any differently though? Have lessons been learnt?

IMO they are trying.....long way to go.

Nope - they are doing what they have done since taking over the boardroom last year: Balancing the books. It's their main priority as they see it as the only way to keep the club alive. There are new players in, but I bet you the overall wage bill will be significantly slimmer than last season.

It will be interesting to see if they get the £1.2m/yr rent reduced as well.

Does seem like he's been posting the same crap for months, if we are supposed to trust Hoffman why isn't he doing anything? Is it part of the plan to have no players left

wingy

Nope - they are doing what they have done since taking over the boardroom last year: Balancing the books. It's their main priority as they see it as the only way to keep the club alive. There are new players in, but I bet you the overall wage bill will be significantly slimmer than last season.

It will be interesting to see if they get the £1.2m/yr rent reduced as well.

Wage bill as it stands is around somewhere around £2-2.3m. lower not withstanding new recruits,Fixed cost savings possibly £0.5m.Bigi £1m.,need another £1.5m.approx.

Godiva

Wage bill as it stands is around somewhere around £2-2.3m. lower not withstanding new recruits,Fixed cost savings possibly £0.5m.Bigi £1m.,need another £1.5m.approx.

Maybe selling Keogh can bring in most of that.

theprince

In the close season of 83/84 we got rid of about 10 players, thats including Garry Thompson who left just before the end of that season, difference was Bobby Gould was allowed to bring in replacements. SISU don't seem to grasp if you sell players they normally need replacing. We needed atleast 4 players when the season ended since then around 7 have are left or intend to, to me that makes a need for 11 newcommers, to compete.

Godiva

In time you will all be eating humble pie, lets see what you say then.

In Hoffman I Trust

Humble pie can actually taste very sweet. You should try it.

just 38 league goals last season and 19 of them from players who have since left us, one simple question to the new sisu loverrs? where are the goals coming from? can see another dismal season unless we bring a striker, a midfielder and a winger in who can score goals

covcity4life

i think sisu keep an eye on these board and general fan response, they will know up till today they were winning some fans back and now they have lost them already

thus i now expect 2-3 signins next week!

theprince

As we stand at this moment in time with the squad we have and the players likely to leave Division 4 us stares right between the eyes.

1nilandwe...

Bollocks. There is no way we will get relegated.

You're sticking your neck above the parapet there my friend. You'll probably be able to just lower it again and carry on as normal, but you may just get your head blown off.

There are a lot of sides in League One who are just as good (or bad) as each other. Nothing is a formality.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread