Do not give up! (1 Viewer)

Matty_CCFC

We might all think our club is dead and to be honest it probably is as we cannot ever see a new Stadium being built in the City.

I for one am not ready to roll over and let Fisher think he has won.

As genuine suppoters lets go out with a fight lets make a statement to everyone that this is all so very wrong?

On October 13th we are on tv against Sheffield Utd, lets make a real show of support that day, let them see there are more fans outside than those inside?

The only issue we have is that the game is 6 weeks away, how about having a smaller event against Colchester, let them see a 500 at Northampton on or near the Hill, not causing any problems but having a presence? Tell the Police and media this is just a warm up and that we are planning to have 2,000 at the Sheffield game.

They may want to block off this hill but thats a silly idea as then everyone will be down at the ground and am sure the stewards and Police would rather we were a few hundred yards away and not at gates.

hill83

What's the point? It's already known to Sisu that more of us won't be going than will. Other than it getting on TV what good will us standing outside really do? F*ck that, I'll be in the pub having a few beers instead. Note that I won't be in the ground.

WestEndAgro

Good post, I think most people agree that the Sheffield game needs to be the "Big Protest" what we need though is organisation, IMO this game needs to be abandoned or at the very least significantly delayed, to receive any kind of media attention.

covkid69

still think a pitch sit in when the cameras are at shitfields will do the job...match delayed or even abandoned would screw up tv schedules etc.
know all about the possible match banning orders but would they actually do it if enough people got on the pitch....just my opinion of course

Matty_CCFC

What's the point? It's already known to Sisu that more of us won't be going than will. Other than it getting on TV what good will us standing outside really do? F*ck that, I'll be in the pub having a few beers instead. Note that I won't be in the ground.

Thats your choice but as I dont drink and as I am hurting a great deal I feel I must do something.
May not solve anything,am sure SISU do not give a shit but it will make me personally feel better.
If we did a small statement against Colchester they would have to talk to us regarding the bigger even on Oct 13th

(13th Oct is to long to wait)

Matty_CCFC

still think a pitch sit in when the cameras are at shitfields will do the job...match delayed or even abandoned would screw up tv schedules etc.
know all about the possible match banning orders but would they actually do it if enough people got on the pitch....just my opinion of course

Do not agree, want the stadium empty, we do not want to be seen as thugs just genuine supporters who care.

ccfcmustang

I think the sit on the pitch idea is the best. I suggested this weeks ago and got severely criticised however its good to see it resurfacing. This will be a different approach on sky sports what more could we do? We have to target that game and make our voices heard. Its clear our current approach (NOPM) is falling on deaf ears

Grendel

I think the sit on the pitch idea is the best. I suggested this weeks ago and got severely criticised however its good to see it resurfacing. This will be a different approach on sky sports what more could we do? We have to target that game and make our voices heard. Its clear our current approach (NOPM) is falling on deaf ears

This is an illegal act and therefore something I can't condone.

I suppose though the first sky game to be abandoned may make an interesting pr story..,,,

Matty_CCFC

We need to warm them up for the Sheffield game. let them see what we can do.
Need to show whats going to happen.
A few 100 v Colchester will get them nervous/

Hobo

Protest peacefully but noisily from the hill..it will get the coverage. Unless someone has the skills to parachute into the stadium with a SISU out banner.

covkid69

Do not agree, want the stadium empty, we do not want to be seen as thugs just genuine supporters who care.

obviously i meant a peaceful protest without any trouble but i suppose you would get an element of our fan base who would see it as an opportunity for a scrap

ccfcmustang

I suppose though the first sky game to be abandoned may make an interesting pr story..,,,

The government didnt condone emily davidson jumping in front of a horse. Still worked didnt it ;)

Paxman II

Am I right in thinking that those posting such calls for aggressive action are the ones who have only recently been members of this forum?

Last edited:

ccfcmustang

Am I right in thinking that those posting such calls for aggressive action are the ones who have only recently been members of this forum?

Am I right in thinking that those people who are quite happy to shout NOPM from their armchair are the ones who have been members for years?

covcity4life

yup, do something that they cannot ignore.

covcity4life

Dress up in Mr. Blobby costumes with enormous dildos, and pogo-stick over the roofs of the stands into the ground from the top of the hill.

imagine a 100 mr blobbys refusing to move on pitch? sky would not hand it back to presenters thats for sure, it would be a ratings hit.

GaryPendrysEyes

Yet you supported Sisu breaking their rental contract and said 'contacts are made for breaking' to justify it. Hypocrite.

GaryPendrysEyes

Who gives a shit?
You have been here for years and think 'Sisu have done remarkably well recently' a sure fire example that time on here doesn't mean jack shit.

letsallsingtogether

The only problem with a pitch sit in is that you have to pay sisu for a ticket for the game NOPM has then collapsed.

I think it is a good idea but you need at least 50 people to link arms along the halfway line for this to work can we get that many I don't think so they can't arrest all of us and if in fancy dress they will not be able to identify us all.

we could have a load of Tim fisher masks made :D

letsallsingtogether

He won't he never replies but expects every one else too, so now he has worked in advertising as well no wonder I never take any notice.....
Yet you supported Sisu breaking their rental contract and said 'contacts are made for breaking' to justify it. Hypocrite.

Guys, In my view we must not go down the 'Civil Disturbance' route. Whilst it will get coverage it will portray a negative view of us as supporters and Timmy's PR guys will milk it. I am with Matty_CCFC. 2000 outside and 200 inside would be really powerful and Timmy would have no way of deflecting blame.

Spionkop

Cheshire, hear what you say - but a peaceful protest has got to come.
I thought ALL the City fans would come on at Crawley. Instead just a few. I was sitting on the side and was willing them to come on as a mass. How many were there? 1200. It could have been a turning point. But for some reason some of our loudest and most passionate fans didn't do it. A shame.
They wouldn't ban or fine a thousand people. Not possible. Long as it is peaceful I'm all for it.

skybluetony176

i have an issue with going to jimmy's hill as it say we dont want to travel to northampton for our home games but we will travel there anyway. however on this occasion as the TV crews are going to be there it makes sense to me as a good oppurtunity to be heard.

on all other occasions i think we would be better turning up at the ricoh on mass on home match days, everyone ring the ccfc ticket office and ask why the doors aint open yet and listen to the match on radio's while seeing if we can get local media to cover it.

pipkin73

Remember the coverage the Liverpool beach ball got!

For a one off game, maybe we fill the ground but don't turn up till 10 mins before KO.
All walk from the hill together and pay on the gate meaning a possible late KO. Once the game is on we DON'T INVADE THE PITCH,
but throw Sky Blue beach balls on with keep CCFC in Cov wrote on them.

All peaceful and breaking no laws.

So delayed KO and then stoppages during the game.

Just don't think pitch invasions are the correct way to go, peaceful or not they are breaking the rules,
why break the rules when one of the things we are complaining about is SISU and the FL breaking the rules.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

i have an issue with going to jimmy's hill as it say we dont want to travel to northampton for our home games but we will travel there anyway. however on this occasion as the TV crews are going to be there it makes sense to me as a good oppurtunity to be heard.

on all other occasions i think we would be better turning up at the ricoh on mass on home match days, everyone ring the ccfc ticket office and ask why the doors aint open yet and listen to the match on radio's while seeing if we can get local media to cover it.

By standing on the hill you're saying "We should not be playing here and this is our protest" its also saying to Sky and newspaper journalists "Take notice of these people on the hill the very people you make your living from report and broadcast it"

SkyblueBazza

I hope this is just a harmless joke.
Otherwise it seems there's a growing number who are thinking up novel ideas to justify paying money, to watch the team play in Sickfields, TO SISU!!!
We all want to watch the team play. NOPM...hits them in the pocket. Paid attendance supports the SISU finances & actions.

Captain_Slackbladder

Controversial it may be - but actions and disruption speak louder than words - look at the fracking protest - got coverage because of disruption this week (and a rouge MP)

A sit in will create media interest, some positive and some negative. Minor protests and media hasn't achieved anything major so far - CITY ARE F!CKING PLAYING IN NORTHAMPTON AND THERE IS A MASSIVE STADIUM FOR US IN COVENTRY, - protests haven't worked so far..

My personal carefully worded thought on this is that a mass pitch invasion sit in would create general positive publicity and lets face it would give Sky a better story than a nil nil draw against Sheff United in League 1. It would have to be en-mass though possibly with everyone wearing Joy Sepala/Tim Fisher/Greg Clarke Masks.

The issue of paying to get in versus media attention recieved is a difficult one to weigh-up, but city fans would be paying for just one game and that could be justified by the publicity recieved. For the hill protest - remember this is an evening game and city fans would be in the dark, so won't be effective for filming/photo opportunities...

Disclaimer:

I personally do not condone a pitch invasion and do not encourage other city fans to do this....

SkyblueBazza

Controversial it may be - but actions and disruption speak louder than words - look at the fracking protest - got coverage because of disruption this week (and a rouge MP)

A sit in will create media interest, some positive and some negative. Minor protests and media hasn't achieved anything major so far - CITY ARE F!CKING PLAYING IN NORTHAMPTON AND THERE IS A MASSIVE STADIUM FOR US IN COVENTRY, - protests haven't worked so far..

My personal carefully worded thought on this is that a mass pitch invasion sit in would create general positive publicity and lets face it would give Sky a better story than a nil nil draw against Sheff United in League 1. It would have to be en-mass though possibly with everyone wearing Joy Sepala/Tim Fisher/Greg Clarke Masks.

The issue of paying to get in versus media attention recieved is a difficult one to weigh-up, but city fans would be paying for just one game and that could be justified by the publicity recieved. For the hill protest - remember this is an evening game and city fans would be in the dark, so won't be effective for filming/photo opportunities...

Disclaimer:

I personally do not condone a pitch invasion and do not encourage other city fans to do this....

I truly believe that setting foot in that ground just once for ANY Coventry home game, for whatever reason will in many minds be making the leap that is required by SISU. It's like riding a bike or having sex for the first time...once you've done it...it's irresistible!
STAY AWAY.

simple_simon

Remember the coverage the Liverpool beach ball got!

For a one off game, maybe we fill the ground but don't turn up till 10 mins before KO.
All walk from the hill together and pay on the gate meaning a possible late KO. Once the game is on we DON'T INVADE THE PITCH,
but throw Sky Blue beach balls on with keep CCFC in Cov wrote on them.

I
All peaceful and breaking no laws.

So delayed KO and then stoppages during the game.

Just don't think pitch invasions are the correct way to go, peaceful or not they are breaking the rules,
why break the rules when one of the things we are complaining about is SISU and the FL breaking the rules.

I like this idea but not beach balls as they old just burst them, throw toilet rolls, 100s of them. Have you seen how much mess and time it takes to pick up wet loo roll off grass.?

Jim

Not that I condone the pitch invasion but if the match is abandoned before a certain time, don't they have to give a full refund on the tickets.....?

Users who are viewing this thread