DO NOT boo the knee (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

I would like to make a simple request to my fellow sky blues. If you are going to the match on saturday, DO NOT boo the knee. Imagine how dabo would feel, if , after him getting racially abused , his own fans refuse to support him and boo an anti racism gesture? If you disagree with taking the knee, that’s your right , fair enough , but please keep your mouth shut to support fankaty if nothing else.
Pretty sad that we feel the need to start a thread about this. Fully endorse this agree.

In a 15k crowd your gonna get 15 who boo. That's society.

The booing is itself a form of protest.

shmmeee

And that is not political?

You're confusing politics meaning “how we should run society” (don’t be racist) with party politics which is what the knuckle draggers mean (It’s left wing Marxism innit).

in the widest sense it’s politics, but in this debate saying it’s poltical aligns you with the knuckle draggers. I’m a massive pedant, but there’s a time and a place to be a smart arse and this ain’t it chief.

Grendel

It’s the return of the rather dull, stupid and patronising sausage

Samo

You're confusing politics meaning “how we should run society” (don’t be racist) with party politics which is what the knuckle draggers mean (It’s left wing Marxism innit).

in the widest sense it’s politics, but in this debate saying it’s poltical aligns you with the knuckle draggers. I’m a massive pedant, but there’s a time and a place to be a smart arse and this ain’t it chief.

Not in the slightest. What I said was that everything is political, not that everything is party political.

Garryb80

This is probably the most depressing post I've ever had to read on this site.

Young talented men take 5 (FIVE!) seconds to show their support for anti-racism, and we have to request that people don't boo them.

We are NOT Milwall. We are better that that.

Don't just NOT boo. Fucking applaud!
I don't agree with the booing but you can't just expect everybody to applaud.

Otis

Here is a link to Lyle Taylor spouting off about taking the knee which I think has not helped some Forest fans who imo where the ones booing at our home game.

Who is the numpty in that video after Lyle Taylor talks?

Is it an old video perhaps? We have now gone way past BLM, as clubs and players have clarified the reason they are taking the knee. It's an anti racism stance and not a pro BLM stance.

I'll be very disappointed if that's not an old video.

Londonccfcfan

Sod the politics. Can't change institu
I don't agree with the booing but you can't just expect everybody to applaud.
You may not agree with it. Boo ers or clappers. But either way can show some respect for people's/players/clubs opinions and just keep your gob your shut. Pretty simple.

Otis

Yeah, it's 7 months ago. Why bring that up now? That has been so much clarity over the stance these past few months.

Samo

Yes in the slightest. You’re being a pedant (I hope) where it’s not needed. This isn’t the place for “ackshually”. Unless you’re a racist.

Why are you being a dick? My point is that everything in life is political.
If you want to boil it down to footy alone it dictates the laws under which our club operates right down to the price you pay on the bus to go see them and everything else in between. My view on taking the knee, which I will keep to myself for now just for fun, is a political one, and like it or not so is yours. To suggest otherwise is naive or ignorant

Samo

Stop trying to use the “it’s political” argument to justify booing the knee when one of our players has just been racially abused

Ok line crossed, I fully support taking of the knee and cannot comprehend why anything I have said has made you assume otherwise.

Otis

I would say not everything is politics, but everything can be made political. Depends which way you approach it.

Reactions: COV

ccfc1234

Who is the numpty in that video after Lyle Taylor talks?

Is it an old video perhaps? We have now gone way past BLM, as clubs and players have clarified the reason they are taking the knee. It's an anti racism stance and not a pro BLM stance.

I'll be very disappointed if that's not an old video.
I don't know who the numpty is. It's definitely from last season. Was thinking Forest fans were the majority who were booing a gesture, that has in the minds of most, moved on from its BLM roots. Having their star forward expressing these views in recent history will not be helping those fans who have not kept up with or are sceptical about the evolution of the gesture.

MacReady

If you really do believe that taking the knee is political that’s your prerogative. Just make sure you’re on the right side of the political divide. ie the one that doesn’t side with racism. In other words if you can’t support taking the knee don’t boo it.
Probably the most common sense post on this thread.

PVA

A few idiots in this thread on the club's Facebook page

If Mr Moulton is reading this... You're a dick.

long way home

This is a topic is easy on the face of it, racism has no place in society, never did never should. Now, have I heard it, seen it or been on the end of it? many times. But it never changed me, I treat people I meet with respect and judge them on the character, not the colour of skin, race or religion. I believe the majority of us live by the same ethic and agree something has to be done if and when racism is reported.

So on the face of it it's an easy topic majority agree, it has no place.

But this is where I look a bit deeper and look at the gesture and not the cause, as we all know the cause is very important. If you think kneeling by players is a symbolic gestures brought about to highlight a problem, then you have to understand the origins of where and why this gesture is being used.

In my opinion it's very much a symbolic gestures, therefore knowing the origins of it and know it's political connection, I do not support this gesture of the players. As I don't support the political arm these gesture are connected too and were started from, they are very harmful to us all if we want peace as a community.

The cause the players have is true, is worthwhile and should be supported by all. The symbolic gestures in my opinion needs to change, as the connection to politics is very obvious. I would not boo the players as they are free to decide actions taken as individuals. I just wish they can come up with something themselves and severe this connection to an outside political source.

I know this will bother some and anger others. But its just my view and maybe a different angle to why some don't want players to do it and voice it by booing. Others who boo have completely different reasons that they have to live with and defend themselves.

shmmeee

This is a topic is easy on the face of it, racism has no place in society, never did never should. Now, have I heard it, seen it or been on the end of it? many times. But it never changed me, I treat people I meet with respect and judge them on the character, not the colour of skin, race or religion. I believe the majority of us live by the same ethic and agree something has to be done if and when racism is reported.

But this is where I look a bit deeper and look at the gesture and not the cause, as we all know the cause is very important. If you think kneeling by players is a symbolic gestures brought about to highlight a problem, then you have to understand the origins of where and why this gesture is being used.

In my opinion it's very much a symbolic gestures, therefore knowing the origins of it and know it's political connection, I do not support this gesture of the players. As I don't support the political arm these gesture are connected too and were started from, they are very harmful to us all if we want peace as a community.

The cause the players have is true, is worthwhile and should be supported by all. The symbolic gestures in my opinion needs to change, as the connection to politics is very obvious. I would not boo the players as they are free to decide actions taken as individuals. I just wish they can come up with something themselves and severe this connection to an outside political source.

I know this will bother some and anger others. But its just my view and maybe a different angle to why some don't want players to do it and voice it by booing. Others who boo have completely different reasons that they have to life with and defend themselves.

You’re just wrong mate. Kapernick started it not a polticial organisation. No ones angry or upset, just informing you that you’re misinformed and making yourself look a nob.

Samo

I know this will bother some and anger others. But its just my view and maybe a different angle to why some don't want players to do it and voice it by booing. Others who boo have completely different reasons that they have to live with and defend themselves.

The gesture is not connected to any political 'arm'.

shmmeee

For the record saying Black Lives Matter also isn’t a political organisation. There is a BLM organisation, they don’t own the phrase. People saying it literally mean that Black Lives Matter, footballers taking the knee are just standing against racism.

Who started it or which groups have similar names means the square root of fuck all. What matters is what the people using the gesture mean when they use it and they’re clear on that. Fankaty Dabo isn’t a revolutionary Marxist you fucking eejits.

You’re not a big brain, you’re a dipshit doing the work of racists trying to discredit a basic request for equality.

Tommo1993

Even if you didn’t want to clap, surely some numpty nearby who wants to boo, makes you want to just clap in their faces? Which is exactly what happened against Northampton as well.

long way home

You’re just wrong mate. Kapernick started it not a polticial organisation. No ones angry or upset, just informing you that you’re misinformed and making yourself look a nob.

You answered your question, it's fine you don't see knelling as a symbolic gestures. So you can't possibly connect it to a political group.

shmmeee

You answered your question, it's fine you don't see knelling as a symbolic gestures. So you can't possibly connect it to a political group.

It’s not about me. Or you. It’s about the people doing the gesture and they’re very clear on what they mean. But feel free to point me to Julian Dacosta’s fucking manifesto. Idiot.

shmmeee

This is mind numbingly simple:

If you are against racism in football, support the players.

If you’re not, mark yourself out as a racist and I hope you get banned from the ground for life, just like the Nazi Barnsley fan. No place for fans like that in our club. This City has a long and proud anti-racist tradition.

long way home

It’s not about me. Or you. It’s about the people doing the gesture and they’re very clear on what they mean. But feel free to point me to Julian Dacosta’s fucking manifesto. Idiot.

Thought you weren't going to get upset, as I said we disagree, that's fine. I see it as a gesture, you don't.

Don't worry yourself we all can't follow your view and I don't expect anyone to follow mine. It's just an opinion. I thought you was my friend as well, started off so well, friend to an idiot, dip shit in all of 5 mins.

SkyBlueGuy

Given that so many player have come out and said that it is not a politically affiliated gesture, and have been quite clear that it is about taking a stand on racism, then I don't really understand your point. The gesture itself, as has been pointed out, predates recent events. There may be some people who take the view that you put forward, but to me that seems to require quite a lot of mental hoop jumping. The outcome of booing is very symbolic in itself. The players are taking a stand against racism, if you express your discontent (vocally or otherwise) with that, then the message you are sending is also quite clear.

I would also suggest anyone interested in this topic do some research into the origins of this gesture. It was never affiliated to a specific political movement (aside from the broad theme of highlighting racism and inequality).

JimmyHillsbeard

It’s depressing that this has to be spelt out. The people organising the stance have said it’s simply a statement about opposition to racism. If you’re anti anti-racist I’ve a fair idea what you are.

Politics is about power, who has it, who doesn’t abs why.

Taking the knee is a political gesture in the same way that wearing a poppy and having a minute’s silence during games nearest Remembrance Sunday is. If you’re booing taking the knee how would you react to a bunch of fans booing the silence in November?

Clap in support of Dabo and the City with the longest history of multiracial diversity in the country or shut the fuck up. Booing isn’t simply parading ignorance it’s an incendiary act.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agreed. I’ve explained a lot of times that “taking the knee” isn’t to support a career criminal 🙄 Kaeperneck was doing it 3 years prior. I don’t see why it causes so much division. The players want to take the knee - why are so many against it. Doesn’t affect anyone else’s life.

Users who are viewing this thread