Do football scouts use Football Manager? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The other thread about scouting made me think, do any football scouts actually use the huge database it has for scouting?

Obviously you wouldn't be able to buy a player based on their stats, but surely you could find some half decent unknown players using the various tools the look at the database?

You could get a list of players that are unknown and quite easily take a look at them to see if they are any good.

Do they have their own sort of database for players?

procdoc

The other thread about scouting made me think, do any football scouts actually use the huge database it has for scouting?

Obviously you wouldn't be able to buy a player based on their stats, but surely you could find some half decent unknown players using the various tools the look at the database?

You could get a list of players that are unknown and quite easily take a look at them to see if they are any good.

Do they have their own sort of database for players?

I read something a while back about Everton using Football Manager as part of their scouting system. It is a very accurate game as real life scouts contribute to the stats of each player

scroobiustom

Paul & Oliver Collyer are big Everton fans and allowed them free access to the huge database - I know FM employs researchers for each league, I think in the mayor leagues this goes down to each club.

Not sure if it says this in the links as i didn't read them but surely Everton would use it if nobody else.

Also there are certain 'wonderkids' on the game that get huge moves in real life so the researchers are doing something right!

Nick

Administrator
In the second link it says about a few french players who were highly rated on FM a few years before they went to Newcastle.

scroobiustom

I think Joe Kinnear used to play it when he was at Newcastle - to make a tedious link there.

Stevec189

I know a scout who works for Reading in Scotland. He does all his through leg work and watching real players!

Users who are viewing this thread