Divided fans. (1 Viewer)

ICHAN

At the moment I think the fans are being divided into a couple of camps and could possibly lose sight of the real goal here, next there will be inner fan feuds on the terraces.
One camp Sisu out.
One Camp keep them in.
One camp where they appreciate there is no realistic alternative at the moment.

Any chance of a sisu in and what alternative smiley being added nick??

Marty

I would like somebody to invest in the team, wheather that be SISU or somebody else doesn't matter, I haven't joined in with any protest as i don't see the alternative (Hoffman) as being any different to what we have now.

Otis

One camp Sisu out.
One Camp keep them in.
One Camp David
One camp comedian - Julian Clary
One Campari and Soda.

paul1978

I would like somebody to invest in the team, wheather that be SISU or somebody else doesn't matter, I haven't joined in with any protest as i don't see the alternative (Hoffman) as being any different to what we have now.

im sorry but i cannot support any thing sisu do no longer they no longer have my support.

Godiva

im sorry but i cannot support any thing sisu do no longer they no longer have my support.

You can't support the signing of Cody?

ccfctommy

This basically sums up how I feel.

Lord_Nampil

The problem is no one likes sisus plan! Wat I want to know is, how will fans react if it works? I am in no camp at all just want the club to be successful!

Gaz

The thing for me is I don't trust Sisu one bit

It's clear they don't know what they are doing.

Taking loans out on next seasons ticket sales should be setting off alarm bell's.

I do understand when I hear some fans say 'who else is there to run the club'
But the thing is, we had an alternative with Hoffman, but the Sisu muppets soon put a stop to that bid, and the reason they did that was because they didn't want to hand over the club for nothing, which is ironically the way they got control of ccfc.

next there will be inner fan feuds on the terraces.

This has already happened at Middlesbrough away I've never seen anything like it before, pro Hoffman and anti Hoffman

Colonel Mustard

One Camp keep them in.

I'd be surprised if anybody would choose 'keep them in' over 'no realistic alternative'. But you know, wording is everything. You could say 'Roll the dice with admin' instead of 'Get SISU out'; or you could say 'Get SISU out if there's a feasible alternative', in which case I'd sign up, etc.

Johnnythespider

I'm firmly in the cynical camp, that does'nt mean i'm for or against anybody, i will always question what i'm told whether that be governments or the board of a football club. At the minute the answers do not add up for me and so i will protest. Simply saying there is no alternative seems defeatist to me, support the team, berate the board and sisu, seems pretty staightforward. If anyone has a problem with me protesting please feel free to start a get Johnny out protest as i quite like irony.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I'm firmly in the 'keep them until there's a viable alternative' camp. They have made some pathetic lies and mislead but, equally they have kept us going. Angle it how you like, administration is not a viable option! They've also signed a much needed striker - regardless of how we got him. Previous managers have failed there!

Otis

I'm firmly in the 'keep them until there's a viable alternative' camp. They have made some pathetic lies and mislead but, equally they have kept us going. Angle it how you like, administration is not a viable option! They've also signed a much needed striker - regardless of how we got him. Previous managers have failed there!

I'm firmly in the kill them all but 'keep them until there's a viable alternative' camp. I'm sure if they were all dead they wouldn't quite fook up so much.

Would also stop any further letters.

shmmeee

I'm in the "please keep us going and if you can't gamble the amount needed to become a force, don't stop others who can coming in, however I doubt Hoffman met these criteria." camp.

The camp flag is massive.

Johnnythespider

Look wer'e all city fans, can't we just get round the camp fire and sing a few verses of gin gan gooly

paul1978

total prat keep them in!!
your having a laugh come on they are a total joke
wind up merchants awful business sisu out
i just cannot believe your comment
u need u head sorting mate and soon

georgehudson

divided fans

OE on his interview last week, said they would be communicating on a regular basis with all & sundry, yes, well then what ?
Nothing from them, no spin, no positives, just silence, no intentions, nothing.
All of the 'tosh talk' was, i can only assume, to try and placate the fans. this appropriate silence is perhaps whilst they ask KD to make a statement.
Is he capable of that ?
So, nothing forthcoming then,
whilst we sit and wait for 'a positive',
well we're waiting,
in the JH era things would have been addressed immediately.
Under JS/GC things would have been said.
This lot continue to give the impression of being utterly inept at running a business they have little, or no experience of.
I see it as more of fans utterly angry & frustrated, this lot wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire, either own up or sell up.
Will the 'council' entertain your plans, i think not !!!!!
PUSB

hill83

I'm firmly in the kill them all but 'keep them until there's a viable alternative' camp. I'm sure if they were all dead they wouldn't quite fook up so much.

Would also stop any further letters.

What happened to the 'BD' at the end of your name? Bring it back.

Astute

yes but i respect they had all summer to make signings and they did it on last week
no signs of desperation i feel
bunch of idiots
and i hope the prat at the top see this

They had a supposed takeover bid/ investment that did not happen. This failed a few days before the end of the transfer window. Did this have anything to do with it?

Otis

What happened to the 'BD' at the end of your name? Bring it back.

Been dead and buried now for about 3 years. Which is exactly what I am also endorsing for Sisu and the board of directors.

Think we missed a trick when they made the concrete plinth for Jimmy Hill's statue to be honest. Think KD would have sat snuggly encased and enshrined in there.

Sub

would of needed to be made out of bronze though so we didnt notice all the orange leaking out of it !!!:p:p:p

Otis

We could have folded him in two though, no problem. After all, he's spineless.

Sub

wouldn't the statue have to be lieing down after all thats all he does he lies!! :p:p:p

Otis

We stuck him in concrete though at least it would bring him closer to he fans. He'd also be more in tune with the general Joe Public and away from his luxurious lifestyle.

We did this to him and he'd just be Ken from the block!

Sub

thats a awful joke !!! :facepalm::facepalm: but a great idea :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

mattylad

At the moment I think the fans are being divided into a couple of camps and could possibly lose sight of the real goal here, next there will be inner fan feuds on the terraces.
One camp Sisu out.
One Camp keep them in.

Any chance of a sisu in and what alternative smiley being added nick??

This has ALWAYS been the case at CCFC, I remember as a child people saying how wonderful John Poynton was because he threw good garden parties while all the time he was robbing the club blind in travel allowances!

Tankie

Hi Fellas.
There was always a great difference of opinion, on the old CET sky Blue Forum, about the worthyness of the Sisu takeover, and their real intentions ref the football club
Some said "they are our Saviours" and in some sense they were right, some said "they will not do what they say they will", and they were right too.
The ink was hardly dry on the Take over contract, when two of our brightest prospects for many years, Fox and Dann, were sold to balance the books, instead of being the corner stones, in the rebuilding of the Sky Blues.
So it is apparent, that little has changed,we are still a struggling club in a difficult league, we are still underfinanced, because we are in a dead ended cash flow system, which only allows us to spend when we generate, and this we are not doing.
So Have sisu been good for the club?, well you pays yer money and takes yer chance, with probably a fifty fifty split in opinions.
"Should they Go" well yes I think, they probably should, but not expecting a major revival in our fortunes if they do, but fresh faces and new brooms, seem to live up to their expectations, in the short term anyway.
But at the moment sisu are incumbants, and defending the high ground, ousting them might prove a long and damaging Battle of hearts and minds, not to mention finances, So how do we get them out,or get them to convert their business model,we probably need a substantial,heavy bid by the regrouped Hoffman Brigade.
"Big Bucks" If we grasp them by their Bo**ocks their hearts and minds will surely follow.
Tankie,,leafy Bedworthshire..:wave:

Godiva

Hi Fellas.
There was always a great difference of opinion, on the old CET sky Blue Forum, about the worthyness of the Sisu takeover, and their real intentions ref the football club
Some said "they are our Saviours" and in some sense they were right, some said "they will not do what they say they will", and they were right too.
The ink was hardly dry on the Take over contract, when two of our brightest prospects for many years, Fox and Dann, were sold to balance the books, instead of being the corner stones, in the rebuilding of the Sky Blues.

I don't want to spoil your party with something as tedious as facts, but ...
The take over was in 2007
Dann and Fox left in 2009.

While the ink was drying on the contracts, the budgets were not followed and thus players had to be sold.
SISU are not sugar daddys - did they ever promised to be?

Marty

While the ink was drying on the contracts, the budgets were not followed and thus players had to be sold.

Don't forget that SISU and their investment were the ones that actually brought these players to the club. :whistle:

guicey15

When Hoffman was looking like he was close to taking over and sisu were being stubborn. I was all aboard the sisu out bandwagon. But now im in the no realistic alternative camp. I dont really care who are the owners, as long as they are prepared to put money into buying players

Nonleagueherewecome

When Hoffman was looking like he was close to taking over and sisu were being stubborn. I was all aboard the sisu out bandwagon. But now im in the no realistic alternative camp. I dont really care who are the owners, as long as they are prepared to put money into buying players

Which, to be fair, they aren't.

Tankie

Sugar Daddies, no I cant remember that undertaking.
but what I can remember is Sisu Spokesman at the time of the take over, A certain Joe Elliot, Declaring "WE are at the dawn of very exciting times for Coventry City FootballClub,"
well "I"like thousands of others Are still waiting for that dawn to break.
On the point about scott Dann and Danny Fox, sure, they bought the players into the club, and had every right to sell them if they wished, but is this the way to carry a team upwards, towards better things, apparently some on here think YES. To those I would say "Take a glimpse at the league table, if you want to use sisu's tenure as a reference point, to their prowess of running a football club.

Some may point out, that the Heart of the club is still beating,because of the Sisu input, but others may point out that the "Soul" died, the moment they got involved.
Is the Sisu medicine, killing the spirit of the fans, who are dwindling away in large numbers, well I suppose the debate will rumble on until they finally Go.
Tankie

Users who are viewing this thread