Did Thorn want to sell Turner? (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

well thorns loan search right now is for another striker so maybe he did want to bring in more strikers than defenders?

CUS Wyken

Why on earth, in your wildest dreams, would you ever imagine, a manager would willingly sell any of his better players.
After all thats gone on regarding players coming and going to the Ricoh, it appears that some posters, even now, think that Thorn can influence, who comes and who goes, Its been blatently obvious for quite some time, that Sisu and only siSu, say who comes and who goes from the Football club.
The argument might hold water if the manaqer was allowed to recycle the transfer cash, but this has not happened, with pennies rather than pounds falling into Andy thorns war chest.
Tankie..

Turner was sold in the day for 700k and McDonald was bought in the evening for 400k. So the deal of turner funded McDonald. so in your words 'that has recyled the cash'

Juke was going to go Boro until the Parkin deal fell through. Logic suggests McDonald and Parkin in for Juke. Little man tall man partnership. Bit like Platt and Nimley at present.

Pattern emerging eh.

Grendel

So he has no influence in who comes as well as who goes. Right. Who bought McDonald and Murphy then. As for nimley and norwood I assume this was down to waggott? So no credit to thorn there either? Interesting.

CUS Wyken

Mary - It is fact because i was told about the Juke deal to boro. I even told a couple of posters on here (before i joined)

4 months later Juke signs for Boro and we bring in Nimley. Now our strikeforce consits of littleman big man partnership.

As i said Logic suggests McDonald and Parkin in for Juke was the plan.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Turner was sold in the day for 700k and McDonald was bought in the evening for 400k. So the deal of turner funded McDonald. so in your words 'that has recyled the cash'

Juke was going to go Boro until the Parkin deal fell through. Logic suggests McDonald and Parkin in for Juke. Little man tall man partnership. Bit like Platt and Nimley at present.

Pattern emerging eh.

I like the way that in your mind you've twisted it so that the Turner deal is to fund McDonald. Yet the Parkin deal is associated with Jutkiewitz' departure.

Whereas most other people's mind, and that in the Telegraph, the Parkin deal and Turner deal (with the same clubs at the same time) were the inter-related ones.

Oh, I've just remembered, it's because the reality doesn't suit your twisted interpretation of events. Silly me.....

Grendel

I like the way that in your mind you've twisted it so that the Turner deal is to fund McDonald. Yet the Parkin deal is associated with Jutkiewitz' departure.

Whereas most other people's mind, and that in the Telegraph, the Parkin deal and Turner deal (with the same clubs at the same time) were the inter-related ones.

Oh, I've just remembered, it's because the reality doesn't suit your twisted interpretation of events. Silly me.....

But are you saying Thorn didn't want Parkin and didn't want McDonald either?

CUS Wyken

No twisted mind. You ask Mumford (Whose rarely on here now) or Last Garrison I told them Juke was up in Middlesboro having a medical until Thorn phoned him saying you’re not signing, the Parkin deal fell through.

What can’t you see. Right simple terms.

Cov have plenty of centre halves at his disposal (Thorn words)

Cardiff make an offer of money and a striker for a defender who been injured for 9 months.

Boro make an offer for Juke

Cov think we can bring in 2 strikers (McDonald / Parkin) and sell Turner and Juke.

Parkin deal falls through so does the Juke one.

In the end, Turner goes at lunchtime and McDonald comes in 5pm time. If turner wasn’t sold, McDonald would not have arrived.

Astute

Mary - It is fact because i was told about the Juke deal to boro. I even told a couple of posters on here (before i joined)

4 months later Juke signs for Boro and we bring in Nimley. Now our strikeforce consits of littleman big man partnership.

As i said Logic suggests McDonald and Parkin in for Juke was the plan.

We all know that Midds tried to sign Juke in the previous transfer window. The news was all over the place. The negotiations took too long and they ran out of time.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

But are you saying Thorn didn't want Parkin and didn't want McDonald either?

I don't think I even came close to saying that, did I? I suggest the version of events I suggested above may have some credibility to it. Which, if true, would suggest he did - of a fashion - want McDonald

CUS Wyken

We all know that Midds tried to sign Juke in the previous transfer window. The news was all over the place. The negotiations took too long and they ran out of time.

No they didn't run out of time.

Juke was having a medical in Middlesbrough and recieved a call of Thorn saying your not signing, parkin deal fell through. This came from a 1st team player. Hence why i said i told posters on here about it. 4 months later Juke finally signs for Boro

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No twisted mind. You ask Mumford (Whose rarely on here now) or Last Garrison I told them Juke was up in Middlesboro having a medical until Thorn phoned him saying you’re not signing, the Parkin deal fell through.

What can’t you see. Right simple terms.

Cov have plenty of centre halves at his disposal (Thorn words)

Cardiff make an offer of money and a striker for a defender who been injured for 9 months.

Boro make an offer for Juke

Cov think we can bring in 2 strikers (McDonald / Parkin) and sell Turner and Juke.

Parkin deal falls through so does the Juke one.

In the end, Turner goes at lunchtime and McDonald comes in 5pm time. If turner wasn’t sold, McDonald would not have arrived.

But Thorn - and look back at the top of this thread at the title - orchestrates this? 'Cus when I heard him interviewed on the radio, he clearly and evidently knew nothing whatsoever about the negotiations that eventually transpired between Boro and Coventry. He disn't even know if he would be able to play against us - hence the call to Mowbray

Astute

No they didn't run out of time.

Juke was having a medical in Middlesbrough and recieved a call of Thorn saying your not signing, parkin deal fell through. This came from a 1st team player. Hence why i said i told posters on here about it. 4 months later Juke finally signs for Boro

Came from Janice the tea lady they ran out of time. Fact.....maybe not. Proof? Just as much as you have.

Grendel

I don't think I even came close to saying that, did I? I suggest the version of events I suggested above may have some credibility to it. Which, if true, would suggest he did - of a fashion - want McDonald

Why "of a fashion" - because he has not been a hit yet? Would we have bought McDonald if he had not sold Turner?

CUS Wyken

But Thorn - and look back at the top of this thread at the title - orchestrates this? 'Cus when I heard him interviewed on the radio, he clearly and evidently knew nothing whatsoever about the negotiations that eventually transpired between Boro and Coventry. He disn't even know if he would be able to play against us - hence the call to Mowbray

Im not talking about January transfer. I'm talking about August.

Your reffering to January when Cov were playing boro the week after. Trust me, Juke was having a medical that day and the only reason it fell through was because of Parkin. No reason to lie.

Grendel

How do you know he didn't know. You accuse him of being a liar on occassions when he says McDonald is his number one choice for instance you say that is not true?

CUS Wyken

Came from Janice the tea lady they ran out of time. Fact.....maybe not. Proof? Just as much as you have.

Tell you what... don’t know why i bother really. I think a first team player going to be more ITK then a tea lady.

I’m never going to disclose on a public forum who told me am i? People who know me ‘in the real world’ know who told me and everything I’ve told them has been backed up.

For example Bigi falling out with Thorn. Not been in first action since.

Juke going to Boro.

Players on the lash and no strict management on Thorn part.

Astute

How do you know he didn't know. You accuse him of being a liar on occassions when he says McDonald is his number one choice for instance you say that is not true?

More like saying should he have said McDonald was not his first choice or even his 3rd choice, but SISU would not invest in any of his targets. Maybe he was his 1st choice with the peanuts he was allowed after losing nearly all of his 1st team and at the time the peanuts were released after selling yet another player.

Grendel

More like saying should he have said McDonald was not his first choice or even his 3rd choice, but SISU would not invest in any of his targets. Maybe he was his 1st choice with the peanuts he was allowed after losing nearly all of his 1st team and at the time the peanuts were released after selling yet another player.

He cost £400,000 that's a lot of peanuts.

Astute

Tell you what... don’t know why i bother really. I think a first team player going to be more ITK then a tea lady.

I’m never going to disclose on a public forum who told me am i? People who know me ‘in the real world’ know who told me and everything I’ve told them has been backed up.

For example Bigi falling out with Thorn. Not been in first action since.

Juke going to Boro.

Players on the lash and no strict management on Thorn part.

People that know me in the real world know what I am saying is right also. No proof there though, is there?

Astute

He cost £400,000 that's a lot of peanuts.

More like "undisclosed"

Think it might be up to £400,000 depending on goals, appearences, staying up, promotion, the price of a barrel of oil.........

CUS Wyken

People that know me in the real world know what I am saying is right also. No proof there though, is there?

Like i said, i reckon a player will know more then a tea lady. I once spoke to the groundsman up the Ryton on a daily basis and jesus christ some of the crap he used to tell me.

After all maybe im wrong and Janice knows alot more then the players and in fact thorn.

Astute

If the manager don't know about the dealings that SISU are doing then what chance have the players got of knowing anything?

Grendel

My initial comment was not even that critical of Thorn. Transfer sometimes work and sometimes they don't. However, the hyperbole and vehement defence on occasions borders on fanatisiscm.

CUS Wyken

If the manager don't know about the dealings that SISU are doing then what chance have the players got of knowing anything?

So your now saying the manager has NO dealings whatsoever with transfers?

How did Janice the tea lady know then?

Astute

Lets put it another way. Players are a commodity. They know they are in for relegation battles whilst they and SISU are with us. Sisu get offered money for players. Then the player gets told to go to ........ as they want to sign them. What player would say they want to stay with SISU in charge. Manager or players don't have a clue until it happens.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Im not talking about January transfer. I'm talking about August.

Your reffering to January when Cov were playing boro the week after. Trust me, Juke was having a medical that day and the only reason it fell through was because of Parkin. No reason to lie.

I am aware of the timing, but my example being proof of the role - of lack thereof - Thorn plays in such proceedings. Again, harking back to the direction of the thread

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I have never accused him of being a liar, or even insinuated anything close. If I were you, I'd be more judicious in my word selection

CUS Wyken

Lets put it another way. Players are a commodity. They know they are in for relegation battles whilst they and SISU are with us. Sisu get offered money for players. Then the player gets told to go to ........ as they want to sign them. What player would say they want to stay with SISU in charge. Manager or players don't have a clue until it happens.

Hang on... your argument is drifiting away. A minute ago you said a player wouldn't know about a fellow player having a medical?

Your telling me a player wouldn't text or phone another player and say, guess what im up in Middlesboro having a medical. Next day he's back at training. What happened? Oh had a call of the gaffer saying its not happening now.

Or as you see it the tea lady knows before anyone else and knows the full facts because after all she is the most important person at the club, way ahead of the players. She's told first about transfers and targets alike.

Grendel

I have never accused him of being a liar, or even insinuated anything close. If I were you, I'd be more judicious in my word selection

When he said McDonald was his number 1 choice do you accept that as being true?

This is getting stupid now. It is plainly ridiculous to suggest Thorn wants any players sold. Why would he be as worried as the fans every transfer window if that wasn't the case?

The bloke hasn't got a clue about who's coming and going. When he's informed in interviews about speculation of players being sold he's as surprised and upset as we are!

Far more evidence to suggest he has no control over transfer dealings due to the financial side than anything to the contrary.

Ridiculous.

CUS Wyken

This is getting stupid now. It is plainly ridiculous to suggest Thorn wants any players sold. Why would he be as worried as the fans every transfer window if that wasn't the case?

The bloke hasn't got a clue about who's coming and going. When he's informed in interviews about speculation of players being sold he's as surprised and upset as we are!

Far more evidence to suggest he has no control over transfer dealings due to the financial side than anything to the contrary.

Ridiculous.

So none of the players bought in or sold has anything to do with Thorn?

Grendel

Clearly not. I thought nimley and Norwood were useful additions but gss will not even give him credit there. Bit harsh in my view.

CUS Wyken

Clearly not. I thought nimley and Norwood were useful additions but gss will not even give him credit there. Bit harsh in my view.

Exactly mate, when it suits. If a deal looks rubbish, its SISU's fault. If a deal turns out to be great its Thorn the masterclass. :D

It depends what you're arguing here. I would suggest he can pick players to buy and sell based in accordance with what he's allowed. What he's allowed though is f all which means that he's often reduced to grabbing whatever he can as long as it means SISU spending what is most of the time nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread