Did sisu save ACL? (2 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

So how much were they going to pay them for this privilege more then the rent we paid just so they could get some tea and cake money oh and the carpark charges.
Weren't somebody else going to run it?

Rob S

Weren't somebody else going to run it?

Yes. The part of the deal was to bring AEG in. They own & op Staples Center in LA & operate O2 & MEN Arena (2 most popular venues in the world, ahead of Madison Square Garden) here amongst others.

letsallsingtogether

Correct they also said that they thought that ACL were doing a good job and that they had never been in contact with sisu even though Fisher said they had?

Yes. The part of the deal was to bring AEG in. They own & op Staples Center in LA & operate O2 & MEN Arena (2 most popular venues in the world, ahead of Madison Square Garden) here amongst others.

Godiva

They offered £5.5M going into negotiations and then changed there mind during negotiations.
Try and keep up!!

They didn't offer anything. The talks never got that far. Hence, last week's irrelevant then not irrelevant court case.

No Sisu said it was not worth any thing only offered 2 million as a charity payment?

So why would you want to own something that is worth nothing and what sort of business would then offer 2 million for it?
No wonder we are in the shit :thinking about:

None of you have the facts straight!

Sky Blue Pete

We have gone way way way off tangent. It is without doubt that Sisu paying the rent they were paying enabled ACL to make a small profit. What did they do? Charge interest to their investors? Pay significant sums of money to directors of the company - no? They invested the money made back into the Ricoh project.

ACL need a football club to be at the Ricoh for it to make sense. CCFC should be playing football in Coventry and the only way this can happen is for them to return to the Ricoh

JS has no interest in football so you have to ask why is she investing in the club? Money laundering? Loading debts into one of their portfolio of companies or is it to obtain the Ricoh complex, land and hotel for less than it is worth and then investing and selling at a significant profit?

OSB's questions must be put to ML on every occasion. Financially nothing makes sense - please can we focus on getting answers to the financial questions.

What happens if CCFC cannot get planning permission for a new stadium in Coventry or the Coventry area?
How is it financially beneficial to play home games at Sixfields this season rather than Ricoh for roughly the same amount of rent?

These are seriously important questions!

Godiva

We have gone way way way off tangent. It is without doubt that Sisu paying the rent they were paying enabled ACL to make a small profit. What did they do? Charge interest to their investors? Pay significant sums of money to directors of the company - no? They invested the money made back into the Ricoh project.

ACL need a football club to be at the Ricoh for it to make sense. CCFC should be playing football in Coventry and the only way this can happen is for them to return to the Ricoh

JS has no interest in football so you have to ask why is she investing in the club? Money laundering? Loading debts into one of their portfolio of companies or is it to obtain the Ricoh complex, land and hotel for less than it is worth and then investing and selling at a significant profit?

OSB's questions must be put to ML on every occasion. Financially nothing makes sense - please can we focus on getting answers to the financial questions.

What happens if CCFC cannot get planning permission for a new stadium in Coventry or the Coventry area?
How is it financially beneficial to play home games at Sixfields this season rather than Ricoh for roughly the same amount of rent?

These are seriously important questions!

... and so you start off another tangent!

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry - was trying to bring it back to the OP - Sisu paying the rent have enabled ACL to make a small profit - how is that a tangent?

Samo

Anybody else wish there was a magic button on here that could fast forward to June/July?
images

Ah right, my girlfriend has mentioned this magic button, she seems obsessed with me finding it... I don't think she'll wait til July!

Godiva

Put us right then ?

JS and Higgs agreed a price of £5.5m. £1.5 up front. £4m against equity convertible within 10 years. Depending on sisu buying out and discharging the YB loan and CCC prolonging the long lease to 125yr and ccfc paying a peppercorn rent (the indicated term sheet)
Higgs were advised by PriceWaterhouseCooper - their own advisor - that the price was way above their valuation.

Higgs went back to sisu and asked for an offer outside the ITS.
Sisu offered £2m as the risk was significant higher without the other conditions met.

Higgs said no.

The result of that ... Higgs still sit with the shares they wanted sold.
ACL have a loan of £14m instead of being debt free.
CCC's shares are worth considerably less than had they followed the plan.
The club plays in Northamton.
Everybody lost!

Sky Blue Pete

That does seem to be the summary of the facts from the last week. The part that is incontrovertible is the 'everybody lost' part!

Godiva - why do you think Higgs did that? To get some money and out of the nonsense?

letsallsingtogether

But did she say it was worth nothing yes or no? and why buy something that is worth nothing?

And would they have paid or taken the charity to court yet again on some technicality, just to pay nothing and then sell it on for a larger amount and the new owner then adding he purchase price to the debt we already own?

Come on we all know how it works!!!

JS and Higgs agreed a price of £5.5m. £1.5 up front. £4m against equity convertible within 10 years. Depending on sisu buying out and discharging the YB loan and CCC prolonging the long lease to 125yr and ccfc paying a peppercorn rent (the indicated term sheet)
Higgs were advised by PriceWaterhouseCooper - their own advisor - that the price was way above their valuation.

Sisu offered £2m as the risk was significant higher without the other conditions met.

Higgs said no.

Everybody lost!

Sky Blue Pete

Where I find my thesis confusing is that previously CCFC have been poor at paying their debts and Sisu as owners haven't ever let the payment to HMRC or the players ever be missed. I think we are all completely confused but we can't say that just because they stopped paying the rent they wouldn't follow through on other deals that they made or were to make

Godiva

That does seem to be the summary of the facts from the last week. The part that is incontrovertible is the 'everybody lost' part!

Godiva - why do you think Higgs did that? To get some money and out of the nonsense?

I don't know.
There are a few possibilities, but without more written evidence I think we will have to wait for the JR.

If this had happened to Liverpool, Arsenal etc - then journalists would be asking a few people a lot of unpleasant questions.
But we're a league one club, nobody but us seems to care.

Sky Blue Pete

Why do you say that Godiva? What does the size of the club matter? And you mean unpleasant questions for Higgs and CCC don't you?

Godiva

But did she say it was worth nothing yes or no?

She? Joy Seppala?
No JS didn't say that. Her assistant said that.
And it was based on the due diligence they were able to carry out.
Mind you, they were not allowed to speak to PwC who had done their own due diligence (and told Higgs the offer were way above their valuation).

and why buy something that is worth nothing?

Two reasons -
1) It was sisu's plan to bring in AEG and restructure the Areana business. That would raise the value.
(ACL followed that advice and made a joint venture with Compass to the same effect).
2) The club would benefit from a peppercorn rent and access to all year Arena revenue. That would increase the value of the club.
(So both could be sold in the future and pay back the investments made by Sisu's investors).

And would they have paid or taken the charity to court yet again on some technicality, just to pay nothing and then sell it on for a larger amount and the new owner then adding he purchase price to the debt we already own?

Who took who to court????
I believe it was Higgs who took sisu to court!
And ACL took the club to court ... and then ACL forced the club into administration.

Come on we all know how it works!!!

No, apparently you don't.

Last edited:

Godiva

Why do you say that Godiva? What does the size of the club matter? And you mean unpleasant questions for Higgs and CCC don't you?

As I said - without more written evidence we will have to wait for the JR.

Sky Blue Pete

You give yourself away a little Godiva with the ACL forced the club into administration. They didn't really did they or they played a part but they were also owed money and applied to the court for the money and it was still not paid

Godiva

You give yourself away a little Godiva with the ACL forced the club into administration. They didn't really did they or they played a part but they were also owed money and applied to the court for the money and it was still not paid

I was replying to a comment that sisu would take Higgs to court again.

Higgs have taken sisu to court.
ACL have taken the club to court.

Sisu have never taken Higgs or ACL to court.

They have taken CCC to court though.

Sky Blue Pete

Nothing to disagree with there

They do seem to have messed Higgs and ACL around but that was what i was saying earlier or it might have been on another thread as Sisu have certainly not allowed other amounts due to be left unpaid. Players and HMRC being the major ones

Godiva

Nothing to disagree with there

They do seem to have messed Higgs and ACL around but that was what i was saying earlier or it might have been on another thread as Sisu have certainly not allowed other amounts due to be left unpaid. Players and HMRC being the major ones

Out of interest ... have you read the transcripts for the Higgs vs sisu case?
I know it's extensive, but if you imagine you are reading the manuscript of an episode of Rumpole, then it's actually quite entertaining.
And very enlightening.
Even after reading the examinations of the witnesses you won't think that sisu have messed Higgs and ACL around - it's quite the opposite.

Rob S

Higgs said no.

Everybody lost!

Heh. I wrote a slightly longer version of this earlier and then binned it as I didn't really want to get into it too late on a Sunday evening.

Another important thing is that all of the visitor income that the club and some decent-sized events could bring into the city is mainly lost.

Sky Blue Pete

I have to admit I haven't read it all - I have read a lot and hope I have kept quite an open mind on the whole shenanigans

Godiva

Heh. I wrote a slightly longer version of this earlier and then binned it as I didn't really want to get into it too late on a Sunday evening.

Another important thing is that all of the visitor income that the club and some decent-sized events could bring into the city is mainly lost.

I wonder if Simon are planning to do a piece about that in the CT?

Rusty Trombone

I know it's extensive, but if you imagine you are reading the manuscript of an episode of Rumpole, then it's actually quite entertaining.
And very enlightening.
Even after reading the examinations of the witnesses you won't think that sisu have messed Higgs and ACL around - it's quite the opposite.

I read it all, and I believe that Higgs were messed around by SISU. Higgs asked for proof of funds and asked how any future payments would be secured, there were no answers.

The Gentleman

And very enlightening.

Just out of curiosity, do you think that anything will come to light in the JR that will paint Sisu in a bad light?

Users who are viewing this thread