Diabolical city .. Ccfc is dead: Thats me finished (1 Viewer)

thorninmyside

I have been a fan for 30 years., home and away. All of my friends at the match have dithered away, part of the 15 to 20,000 not prepared to pay to watch anymore. Today i sat in the ricoh ashamed to be there head in hands, wondering why i was there... . What a horrible stadium, what a horrible atmosphere. What horrible crap fans we have. Did any of us sing or even chant today??? It was dead. Its a wake in there

for me the club has died, i felt like a fish out of water in that stadium today, i didn't feel any loyalty to the group of players before me, i was totally embarrassed by the way our players were so very poor, lacking of skill, their fitness and passing ability has to be questioned. I can not honestly point out one player i can be positive about. I detest the amount of money these no marks earn. I really have started to hate our club and the players in specific for robbing us of our hard earned cash, while they amount basic pub players. I mean that, there are plenty of park players in coventry that could have played better and tried harder today... I feel ripped off

i can not face another match inside the ricoh, it is for me the coffin .

To be honest i am considering supporting another club, because i just don't feel the love for city any more, you know when a generation of new music comes around and you miss it completely, or you just dont like it?? I suppose i have just moved on from ccfc. I am open to criticism i know that, im not a real fan i suppose because i am turning my back on the club. I would rather pay my £22 to take my kids out ... Its much more fun, i get value for money and at least with them i know im on to a winner... Watching ccfc for me has now become too much like listening to adelle, excruciating and simply not my generation.
I bet those old boys today were embarrassed at what they saw today, they who earned next to nothing, were not flash harrys or felt the need to eat at nandos 7 days a week ..

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind.

Otis

After the first game in charge from the new manager?

Sorry, but have to say that is ridiculous. Give Robins a few games at least to see if he can rattle a few cages.

Evans020

I have been a fan for 30 years., home and away. All of my friends at the match have dithered away, part of the 15 to 20,000 not prepared to pay to watch anymore. Today i sat in the ricoh ashamed to be there head in hands, wondering why i was there... . What a horrible stadium, what a horrible atmosphere. What horrible crap fans we have. Did any of us sing or even chant today??? It was dead. Its a wake in there

for me the club has died, i felt like a fish out of water in that stadium today, i didn't feel any loyalty to the group of players before me, i was totally embarrassed by the way our players were so very poor, lacking of skill, their fitness and passing ability has to be questioned. I can not honestly point out one player i can be positive about. I detest the amount of money these no marks earn. I really have started to hate our club and the players in specific for robbing us of our hard earned cash, while they amount basic pub players. I mean that, there are plenty of park players in coventry that could have played better and tried harder today... I feel ripped off

To be honest i am considering supporting another club, because i just don't feel the love for city any more, you know when a generation of new music comes around and you miss it completely, or you just dont like it?? I suppose i have just moved on from ccfc. I am open to criticism i know that, im not a real fan i suppose because i am turning my back on the club. I would rather pay my £22 to take my kids out ... Its much more fun, i get value for money and at least with them i know im on to a winner... Watching ccfc for me has now become too much like listening to adelle, excruciating and simply not my generation.
I bet those old boys today were embarrassed at what they saw today, they who earned next to nothing, were not flash harrys or felt the need to eat at nandos 7 days a week ..

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind.
Bore off then.if you can just up and support another club then you aren't or weren't a real fan in the first place

Paxman II

Ridiculous comments. McGoldrick was useless today?
When the stadium is full it's like anywhere else, great to be there. At present we are undergoing a painful transformation and they need your support now more than ever. It's not about the players on the pitch so much, they will come and go.

Lets give this guy the chance to turn it around.

Otis

I also have to ask why these people have to announce to the world they are leaving and not coming back!

Can't you just leave and be done with it? We wouldn't have to listen to a nonsensical rant then.

What do you want a card and some flowers? :whistle:

@richh87

What a drama queen. Just do what the rest if us do and try not to think about it when things are crap - then be all over it when times are good. None of us are enjoying this - but if you've always supported City (and enough to post daily on a forum) then I think you'll find you're stuck with them!

pusbccfc

We aren't going to beat Arsenal but if we did, I'm sure your backside will be back on a sky blue seat against MK Dons.

the_ferret

What a ridiculous rant. Empty stadium? Carlisle get 3.5k gates in a stadium that holds 16k, so their stadium is a lot more empty than ours, but I doubt they cry about it. Welcome to League 1.

A dig at the fans too - crap fans because we weren't bouncing around today? Seriously? Is there a more loyal bunch than those that have dragged themselves up there this season?

Trust me, the quality of the support is not in question and when I'm standing there on Wednesday in a rocking away end surrounded by 9000 SBA I'll will be beaming with pride at our terrific band of followers.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ridiculous comments. McGoldrick was useless today?
When the stadium is full it's like anywhere else, great to be there. At present we are undergoing a painful transformation and they need your support now more than ever. It's not about the players on the pitch so much, they will come and go.

Lets give this guy the chance to turn it around.

A painful transformation into what exactly?

ccfcway

I also have to ask why these people have to announce to the world they are leaving and not coming back!

Can't you just leave and be done with it? We wouldn't have to listen to a nonsensical rant then.

What do you want a card and some flowers? :whistle:

for every one who posts on here that they have had enough, another 10 have left and dont post on forums

whatever you may think of this chap saying what he said, we had 9.5k there today, embracing the dawning of a new era, a new manager and 3 new players

many have gone without any attention at all, lets not lambast someone who wishes to announce it !

marcus87

How can you support another club no matter how low we drop ill never change club, you were clearly never a proper fan!

ccfcway

i would never support another team as long as i live, but i can understand why someone would say it

Evans020

How old are you evans?

Valiant mate do you think I'm going to let you try single me out like you been trying to for the last couple of days.I'm nearly 30 ..yourself 55/60. Seriously you and a couple others need to try crack a smile, maybe even say a positive word for a change.but don't try single me out pal

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm with you on Adele. But search around, there's plenty of good new music, too!

Also, McGoldrick was good today. I thought Baker worked his guts out too. Two positives isn't much, but there you go.

McGovernCCFC

We all feel In the same boat.. The only thing we can do is to support them in everyway...giving up isnt going to help in anyway

thorninmyside

as i said guys im open to critisism and accept it, but to answer a couple of things, no it isnt after 1 game with a new manager ... it is after 30 years ... ans in specific the last 5 or 6 have killed it off for me. I wondered how long before the "you weren t a real fan " would come into it, so i thought id explain to the more ignorant of you all the following, i have missed about 140 games home and away for 30 years. in short i have paid out about £10 thousand on my season tickets let alone my kids and wifes. Away days have always cost me between 50 and 150 pounds. Shirts, scarfs, 3 kits every year, not to mention training kits, mugs and much more from the club shops... its fair to say over 30 years i have spent 30 to 40 thousand quite easily, petrol coaches and trains on top. I was there in the dark days of highfield road with 8 thousand turning up, through the dublin hucks and keane days (the best for me) the old division 1 and the prem and of course division 3.

ajsccfc says i am seeking attention attention for my empty gesture, well i may be seeking attention .. but i am not making any empty gesture, i handed my season tickets in, havent asked for a refund, the club can keep my cash as a good will gesture. I am giving my ccfc stuff to a friends son, and i have gave away the arsenal tickets. i am about to remove myself from this forums membership too, not because its a bad forum, it is in fact very good, and i have very much enjoyed reading some educated posts from some really knowledgeable city fans. the ride over acl, sisu, hoffman, the accounts has been good fun. but as i said it feels like im out of touch with the club, the fans and the whole ricoh experience, most of all ive lost the love for my club, my pride has gone. say what you want but i know i have 'put into' this club, enough... i was a real fan. no grudges to bear just disappointment and plenty of hurt.

wolfie

I have been a fan for 30 years., home and away. All of my friends at the match have dithered away, part of the 15 to 20,000 not prepared to pay to watch anymore. Today i sat in the ricoh ashamed to be there head in hands, wondering why i was there... . What a horrible stadium, what a horrible atmosphere. What horrible crap fans we have. Did any of us sing or even chant today??? It was dead. Its a wake in there<br />
<br />
for me the club has died, i felt like a fish out of water in that stadium today, i didn't feel any loyalty to the group of players before me, i was totally embarrassed by the way our players were so very poor, lacking of skill, their fitness and passing ability has to be questioned. I can not honestly point out one player i can be positive about. I detest the amount of money these no marks earn. I really have started to hate our club and the players in specific for robbing us of our hard earned cash, while they amount basic pub players. I mean that, there are plenty of park players in coventry that could have played better and tried harder today... I feel ripped off<br />
<br />
i can not face another match inside the ricoh, it is for me the coffin . <br />
<br />
To be honest i am considering supporting another club, because i just don't feel the love for city any more, you know when a generation of new music comes around and you miss it completely, or you just dont like it?? I suppose i have just moved on from ccfc. I am open to criticism i know that, im not a real fan i suppose because i am turning my back on the club. I would rather pay my £22 to take my kids out ... Its much more fun, i get value for money and at least with them i know im on to a winner... Watching ccfc for me has now become too much like listening to adelle, excruciating and simply not my generation. <br />
I bet those old boys today were embarrassed at what they saw today, they who earned next to nothing, were not flash harrys or felt the need to eat at nandos 7 days a week .. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
And when we start winning, and start moving up the leagues which will happen. I hope u stay away.

Paxman II

as i said guys im open to critisism and accept it, but to answer a couple of things, no it isnt after 1 game with a new manager ... it is after 30 years ... ans in specific the last 5 or 6 have killed it off for me. I wondered how long before the "you weren t a real fan " would come into it, so i thought id explain to the more ignorant of you all the following, i have missed about 140 games home and away for 30 years. in short i have paid out about £10 thousand on my season tickets let alone my kids and wifes. Away days have always cost me between 50 and 150 pounds. Shirts, scarfs, 3 kits every year, not to mention training kits, mugs and much more from the club shops... its fair to say over 30 years i have spent 30 to 40 thousand quite easily, petrol coaches and trains on top. I was there in the dark days of highfield road with 8 thousand turning up, through the dublin hucks and keane days (the best for me) the old division 1 and the prem and of course division 3.

ajsccfc says i am seeking attention attention for my empty gesture, well i may be seeking attention .. but i am not making any empty gesture, i handed my season tickets in, havent asked for a refund, the club can keep my cash as a good will gesture. I am giving my ccfc stuff to a friends son, and i have gave away the arsenal tickets. i am about to remove myself from this forums membership too, not because its a bad forum, it is in fact very good, and i have very much enjoyed reading some educated posts from some really knowledgeable city fans. the ride over acl, sisu, hoffman, the accounts has been good fun. but as i said it feels like im out of touch with the club, the fans and the whole ricoh experience, most of all ive lost the love for my club, my pride has gone. say what you want but i know i have 'put into' this club, enough... i was a real fan. no grudges to bear just disappointment and plenty of hurt.

Full of self pity and self indignation. what you don't think we all feel the same way?
For goodness sake man grow some balls and suck it up. It's your club through thick and thin. owners and players come and go but there will always be your home town club long after you've gone and that won't change. :mad:

Greggs

Beat me to it wolfie
There are 8000 odd hardcore that will watch any dross on a Saturday, out of love.
WHEN we start to win and improve there are a lot of fair weather fans that come out.

Blinxs

We are just going through the life cycle of football. There are always winners and losers, we were winners for 30+ years in the top flight while other teams were down in the leagues, now we are down with teams like wigan, blackpool, swansea (all who probably looked at Cov with envy for all those years) all doing well. I have no problem with stay away fans as it takes a lot to spend £20+ every couple of weeks to watch overpaid players perform so poorly but to completely stop supporting the club is extreme and not what supporting is all about. I enjoy watching other 'good' teams play but i will always have the sky blues as my main team. What happens when your new team begins to fall down the tables?? Not trying to have a go ;)

thorninmyside

gb8702

Sound like half the playing squad, give up to easy!! well if after 30 years you cant fight on then sod off. With or without you city will go on. Wouldnt want you on the front line if you give up
PUSB

Macca

Man expresses feelings about CCFC on CCFC forum shocker. What's the problem? And as for this "grow some balls follow your team". What? Like grow some balls wrestle a bear I get but grow some balls and watch a game of football? Hardly climbing everest only using your cock is it :D

Bigstyle

I have total sympathy for your views mate. I was born in Clay Lane 56 years ago and have been going to Highfield Road since I was very young. I have had a season ticket since we were promoted to the top flight in 66/67 although I was going up well before that. But now I cannot watch anymore of the sh*te or ingest anymore of the cr*p so for the first time I have not renewed my season ticket -and the fact we are playing in a lower league is only a minor reason for this.
I have been tempted to attend a couple of times but have resisted the urge only to be justified when reading the match reports after both those games were lost - today being one of them.
I was brought up on City in the Jimmy Hill and top flight era so have been weened on relative success and definite excitement. We have neither anymore.
It's not the case of being a fair-weather supporter or not a true fan. I have simply had enough of being depressed by a collection of people - players, the board, ACL, the over-officious car park stewards, the ridiculous no-parking zone allied with extortionate official car parking charges, the zero atmosphere, etc., etc.

sylus

why do fans,slate other fans cos they have an opinion?. why do you always state,"get behind the team" or sod off,thats just bullsh#t..and you know it..what and i mean what have we had from this club to continue to pay our hard earned money into a club that doesn't give a sh#t..why!.if a fan,is becoming delusional because of events on and off the field,then isn't it our job to offer support of some sort,instead of slating them..no wonder we are down to our bare bones now.

Users who are viewing this thread