Diabolical city .. Ccfc is dead: Thats me finished (2 Viewers)

Jimmy's Chin

I had a season ticket for around 20 years until 3 years ago when my son was born. Instead I have spent this money on my family to enjoy days out etc. I was looking forward to the day that I would take my son up to the Ricoh to watch the sky blues in his new kit but am beginning to not miss those Saturday afternoons like I did when I first stopped going. In a couple of years time I could be living up near Manchester. What chance have I got of convincing him to support a pile of shite over the clubs that will be on his doorstep when we move??

Blinxs

I had a season ticket for around 20 years until 3 years ago when my son was born. Instead I have spent this money on my family to enjoy days out etc. I was looking forward to the day that I would take my son up to the Ricoh to watch the sky blues in his new kit but am beginning to not miss those Saturday afternoons like I did when I first stopped going. In a couple of years time I could be living up near Manchester. What chance have I got of convincing him to support a pile of shite over the clubs that will be on his doorstep when we move??

Even Oldham might be a better prospect than us soon ;).

torchomatic

Tell us what the Emirates is like.

I have been a fan for 30 years., home and away. All of my friends at the match have dithered away, part of the 15 to 20,000 not prepared to pay to watch anymore. Today i sat in the ricoh ashamed to be there head in hands, wondering why i was there... . What a horrible stadium, what a horrible atmosphere. What horrible crap fans we have. Did any of us sing or even chant today??? It was dead. Its a wake in there

for me the club has died, i felt like a fish out of water in that stadium today, i didn't feel any loyalty to the group of players before me, i was totally embarrassed by the way our players were so very poor, lacking of skill, their fitness and passing ability has to be questioned. I can not honestly point out one player i can be positive about. I detest the amount of money these no marks earn. I really have started to hate our club and the players in specific for robbing us of our hard earned cash, while they amount basic pub players. I mean that, there are plenty of park players in coventry that could have played better and tried harder today... I feel ripped off

i can not face another match inside the ricoh, it is for me the coffin .

To be honest i am considering supporting another club, because i just don't feel the love for city any more, you know when a generation of new music comes around and you miss it completely, or you just dont like it?? I suppose i have just moved on from ccfc. I am open to criticism i know that, im not a real fan i suppose because i am turning my back on the club. I would rather pay my £22 to take my kids out ... Its much more fun, i get value for money and at least with them i know im on to a winner... Watching ccfc for me has now become too much like listening to adelle, excruciating and simply not my generation.
I bet those old boys today were embarrassed at what they saw today, they who earned next to nothing, were not flash harrys or felt the need to eat at nandos 7 days a week ..

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind.

wiljam

I think after the fantastic summer of sport highlighted by the efforts of the Olympic team has shown the football supporter that these so called prima donna's are not worth the money that we spend on them, the rot has started and I can't see how this is going to be turned around. Fans have just had enough and are choosing wisely how to spend any luxury money they have. Times are tight for all, and going up to watch the city and walking out unhappy will obviously keep customers away. As much as we love the club, I think the football clubs have forgotten that they are selling a entertainment product. And that we are customers as well, that deserve value for money.

100 miles from Cov.

Torchomatic, you just don't get what a lot of us are saying. I don't mean that in a rude way, just that we both see the state of the club differently.

AFCCOVENTRY

The truth is the club is failing on so many parts.

Amazing how the last few days there was so much hope... New manager, 50% Ricoh deal, new loan players etc.

Robins needs some time. Lets see how we are doing at Xmas.

Forget promotion this year. It's about sorting the club out on and off the field.

torchomatic

Things ain't great obviously, but its Robins' first game and he has had two days to work with the players. All the high-drama, self-indulgent nonsense of saying the club has died and i'm thinking of supporting someone else is ridiculous. If that's how you feel then don't go. You don't have to beat your breast on a forum and tell everyone.

The hardest thing for a footy fan to do is to support their team when times are tough.

Torchomatic, you just don't get what a lot of us are saying. I don't mean that in a rude way, just that we both see the state of the club differently.

Grendel

Things ain't great obviously, but its Robins' first game and he has had two days to work with the players. All the high-drama, self-indulgent nonsense of saying the club has died and i'm thinking of supporting someone else is ridiculous. If that's how you feel then don't go. You don't have to beat your breast on a forum and tell everyone.

The hardest thing for a footy fan to do is to support their team when times are tough.

Yes you are right. Of course it's poor but for most of is this is the first experience of football at this level. Most supporters of most clubs have not had that luxury.

It's hard to adjust and remember that players are not of the quality we once saw but the definition of a fan is a supporter of a cause regardless of circumstance.

I've seen nearly 75% of matches in the top flight over 40 years and still for a club of our size I would say that is over achievement.

psgm1

Banned

That's strange - I seem to recall a certain Andy Thorn's first game in charge - I was there! I seem to remember every single fan (I have to confess even me) was saying it was like a breath of fresh air (sadly it turned sour pretty quickly).

The point is this - I have been going to city games for years now, and although I've said I would never go again quite a few times, NEVER before have I come away not caring if cov win lose or draw.

Thorn, and some of the pathetic pro-thorn deluded numb nuts have taken away any desire to see cov do well.

If they tried and lost, I'd be angry, but I could consider watching again because they tried. Sadly the current crop simply aren't trying!

Football is supposed to be an entertainment, and I simply wasn't entertained today.

It cost me around £40 for me and my lad to watch that crap today. Just imagine what I could have done with that £40!

When times are hard, you have to prioritise. Sadly I just cannot justify forking out virtually a weeks food shopping just to watch that garbage.

I half contemplated getting an Arsenal ticket; but again £40, plus getting there plus food, to watch them get a thorough drubbing from a real football team - no thanks.

Am I not a "real" fan - if you mean I'm not prepared to waste £40 a time to watch crap - then no I am NOT a real fan - and I am fine with that!

I just hope the "real" fans enjoy life in Blue Square, because under this manager and these owners - that is where coventry is going; and I'm not prepared to watch the shell of the team I used to go out of my way to follow go down that route.

RichieGunns

That's strange - I seem to recall a certain Andy Thorn's first game in charge - I was there! I seem to remember every single fan (I have to confess even me) was saying it was like a breath of fresh air (sadly it turned sour pretty quickly).

The point is this - I have been going to city games for years now, and although I've said I would never go again quite a few times, NEVER before have I come away not caring if cov win lose or draw.

Thorn, and some of the pathetic pro-thorn deluded numb nuts have taken away any desire to see cov do well.

If they tried and lost, I'd be angry, but I could consider watching again because they tried. Sadly the current crop simply aren't trying!

Football is supposed to be an entertainment, and I simply wasn't entertained today.

It cost me around £40 for me and my lad to watch that crap today. Just imagine what I could have done with that £40!

When times are hard, you have to prioritise. Sadly I just cannot justify forking out virtually a weeks food shopping just to watch that garbage.

I half contemplated getting an Arsenal ticket; but again £40, plus getting there plus food, to watch them get a thorough drubbing from a real football team - no thanks.

Am I not a "real" fan - if you mean I'm not prepared to waste £40 a time to watch crap - then no I am NOT a real fan - and I am fine with that!

I just hope the "real" fans enjoy life in Blue Square, because under this manager and these owners - that is where coventry is going; and I'm not prepared to watch the shell of the team I used to go out of my way to follow go down that route.

I think your forgetting something important here! Thorn was a chief scout and had no management ability or qualifications.

Robin's has several years of management experience. He has managed several teams, never been fired and his teams have done quite well while he's been at the helm (bar the odd exception).

He's been in charge 3 days and your already saying he's going to take us down. I understand the money issues. I understand the anger too but to say we're doomed before he's even had a chance to try and put things right is idiotic. No offence but it is...

derbyskyblue

how does one choose another team to support? its just in you. Anything else is just false.
Bang on !! City till i die...words are never more apt! I never understand this drama queen shite. You were born in cov..tough! Cov is your team...tough! Thats life, fookin get on with it and fookin grow a pair while your at it ! PUSB forever.

ajsccfc

Ah well if one game under Andy Thorn differed from the one game under Mark Robins, we may as well sack him now.

Black6Osprey

But we don't feel the same. You can still see positives in it. I don't anymore.

I'm only predicting we wont get relegated and 8 games ago I thought the play offs was a minimum requirement so my positives a pretty thin now. Our defence is a shocker at the moment without a single clean sheet. If we can tighten up and that also means adding some bite to our midfield, add that to the pace going forward (Moussa should give us some) then we will be okay and the play offs is still within reach albeit very very unlikely.

Tank Top

I have been a fan for 30 years., home and away. All of my friends at the match have dithered away, part of the 15 to 20,000 not prepared to pay to watch anymore. Today i sat in the ricoh ashamed to be there head in hands, wondering why i was there... . What a horrible stadium, what a horrible atmosphere. What horrible crap fans we have. Did any of us sing or even chant today??? It was dead. Its a wake in there

for me the club has died, i felt like a fish out of water in that stadium today, i didn't feel any loyalty to the group of players before me, i was totally embarrassed by the way our players were so very poor, lacking of skill, their fitness and passing ability has to be questioned. I can not honestly point out one player i can be positive about. I detest the amount of money these no marks earn. I really have started to hate our club and the players in specific for robbing us of our hard earned cash, while they amount basic pub players. I mean that, there are plenty of park players in coventry that could have played better and tried harder today... I feel ripped off

To be honest i am considering supporting another club, because i just don't feel the love for city any more, you know when a generation of new music comes around and you miss it completely, or you just dont like it?? I suppose i have just moved on from ccfc. I am open to criticism i know that, im not a real fan i suppose because i am turning my back on the club. I would rather pay my £22 to take my kids out ... Its much more fun, i get value for money and at least with them i know im on to a winner... Watching ccfc for me has now become too much like listening to adelle, excruciating and simply not my generation.
I bet those old boys today were embarrassed at what they saw today, they who earned next to nothing, were not flash harrys or felt the need to eat at nandos 7 days a week ..

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind

Tank Top

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind

"Now dont do anything silly, will you"?

torchomatic

Oh, I see. It's the "pro thorn deluded numb nuts" that have ruined Coventry City for you. Thanks for making that clear. Nothing to do with years of mismanagement by various boards then?

Yes, football is about entertainment and success, but unfortunately it only happens to a handful of clubs. If you don't happen to support one of those clubs then you either like it or, as the original poster says, you go and support someone else. I don't see how anyone could even contemplate that. If I wanted to see a team win then I would support Chelsea or Utd, wouldn't I?

Will I go if we did slump down to the Blue Square? Yep. Do I care if others don't? Nope.

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh, I see. It's the "pro thorn deluded numb nuts" that have ruined Coventry City for you. Thanks for making that clear. Nothing to do with years of mismanagement by various boards then?

Yes, football is about entertainment and success, but unfortunately it only happens to a handful of clubs. If you don't happen to support one of those clubs then you either like it or, as the original poster says, you go and support someone else. I don't see how anyone could even contemplate that. If I wanted to see a team win then I would support Chelsea or Utd, wouldn't I?

Will I go if we did slump down to the Blue Square? Yep. Do I care if others don't? Nope.

Your loyalty is admirable Torch-however we support the least successful league side in England. Fans of most other clubs have experienced a modicum of success whereas we always perch ourselves in the bottom half, and refuse to budge. Year on year it becomes difficult to fork out on something that has only one achievement to its name in 45 years.

WillieStanley

Your loyalty is admirable Torch-however we support the least successful league side in England. Fans of most other clubs have experienced a modicum of success whereas we always perch ourselves in the bottom half, and refuse to budge. Year on year it becomes difficult to fork out on something that has only one achievement to its name in 45 years.

Although I feel for the generation coming through since 2002, and especially those over the last few years, I have to disagree.

I, like everyone else am disappointed, frustrated and deflated by what's going on and has been for as long as I can remember, but the truth is, I love football and I love Coventry City Football Club. All those moments of heart ache, agony, disappointment, "oh FFS" all that, it just makes the glimpses of success, the one offs and signs of hope all the more sweeter. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome success of any kind, I would.

I love supporting this club and wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy talking about it, having banter about it, moaning about it, reading about it, conspiring about it, fantasising about it, getting nostalgic about.

That is why, not matter how low we sink, no matter how bad "the product" is, I'll be there, annoying my wife by spending too much money and time on it.

Quite literally City 'Till I Die.

torchomatic

It's got nothing to do with loyalty. It's support. They're my team. I have loyalty to Tesco, Samsung and other brands where I shop and the products I buy.

This season makes clear that no matter who's the manager, what players we have, what system we use, what coaches we employ, things are always the same. It's really crap at the moment, but I will still go, I will still cheer, I will still moan and I will still hope.

If those like the OP just want to give in and support someone else, then good for them, but don't try and bring anyone else down.

sylus

Although I feel for the generation coming through since 2002, and especially those over the last few years, I have to disagree.

I, like everyone else am disappointed, frustrated and deflated by what's going on and has been for as long as I can remember, but the truth is, I love football and I love Coventry City Football Club. All those moments of heart ache, agony, disappointment, "oh FFS" all that, it just makes the glimpses of success, the one offs and signs of hope all the more sweeter. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome success of any kind, I would.

I love supporting this club and wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy talking about it, having banter about it, moaning about it, reading about it, conspiring about it, fantasising about it, getting nostalgic about.

That is why, not matter how low we sink, no matter how bad "the product" is, I'll be there, annoying my wife by spending too much money and time on it.

Quite literally City 'Till I Die.

:claping hands: good on you!! you deserve a medal.

in my 39yrs of supporting this club through thick n thin,and getting behind the boys no matter how crap they have been,what have i had in return for being so loyal...i cup win...only 3 occasions where we have finished above 10th place.78/89/06 and on 3 occasions finished in 10th place..most of the time in between,has been relegation survival,or relegation itself...the product that is CCFC,is shit..we have had one season in my time,where we have won something.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Some fans don't even get that!

I didn't realise when you "signed on" as a fan that they guaranteed a certain win rate and a cup win every five years.

:claping hands: good on you!! you deserve a medal.

in my 39yrs of supporting this club through thick n thin,and getting behind the boys no matter how crap they have been,what have i had in return for being so loyal...i cup win...only 3 occasions where we have finished above 10th place.78/89/06 and on 3 occasions finished in 10th place..most of the time in between,has been relegation survival,or relegation itself...the product that is CCFC,is shit..we have had one season in my time,where we have won something.

sylus

Some fans don't even get that!

I didn't realise when you "signed on" as a fan that they guaranteed a certain win rate and a cup win every five years.

now how come the response i get from you,didn't surprise me.you really need to grow up.

torchomatic

Why do I need to grow up? I'm not the one who's moaning about my team only having one trophy.

now how come the response i get from you,didn't surprise me.you really need to grow up.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Baginton

Can we have a goodbye smiley ? we have a welcome one :whistle:

bye-bye-male-smiley-smiley-emoticon-000291-large.gif

hamil99

Facebook User
Think this season will be the first in 11 years I won't make the trip up to cov from Devon. I've always tried to go as much as possible, but this season I've no want to go.... Even paying for sky blues player actually felt wrong.... I've started following my NFL team more in recent times, still feels like I'm cheating on cov though... The whole situation just sucks....

torchomatic

Yes, it is a fact. So what? We haven't won much in my forty years of support, but am I going to give up because of it? Nope.

moaning...:claping hands:... that wasn't moaning my son...that was stating facts...

Samo

Goodbye ccfc i will miss you and think about the good times, when at least our players tried hard for a lot less money, time for me to leave you behind.

I agree that it's awful at the moment but.. support another team??? Is it that simple for you? You must be one shallow human being!

Coventry La La La

I hope the OP never sang the "City Till I Die" chant :whistle:

Or perhaps we could change it to "I'm City till where Diabolical I know I am I'm sure I am I'm city till where Diabolical" doesn't really have a good ring to it, f*** you OP :(

Blueandwhites

When we we were in the prem I remember 'having enough'. Losing to Villa and the angel of death (we were already relegated), watching us lose to Crewe at a half empty highfield rd for strachans last game (2 days before sept 11th!)....... But you don't throw the towel in and wimp out, it's the same for life in general. Go and follow a winning team if you must but you'll always have that knawing, guilty feeling at the back of your mind that you've cheated yourself. The feeling of winning won't be the same as Cov away to man utd in the c- cup or countless other times Cov have been against it and ground out a win. Would you stop visiting your gran because she's ill?! Have a stiff one and pull yourself together man!

Users who are viewing this thread