Derby (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

asking the EFL to relax the embargo ???.......................why the fuck should they do that? Derby cheated all the other teams in the EFL so let them suffer the punishment.

Maybe Rooney thinks he's a special case? he's certainly a special something

If they want the embargo lifting, they should file their accounts as required.

Grendel

Cheats and they playing the hard done by card. If the EFL had some balls they would relegate them now

What rules would permit that?

mark82

It’s not the same offence? That hearing can’t be conducted until into the next season?

Think their punishment has been given for the discrepancies in reporting. Any future hearing/punishment will be based on what's in their accounts. They're hurriedly trying to find any possible loophole to avoid punishment (as any club in their position would do).

robbiekeane

Think their punishment has been given for the discrepancies in reporting. Any future hearing/punishment will be based on what's in their accounts. They're hurriedly trying to find any possible loophole to avoid punishment (as any club in their position would do).
Are they under embargo until they file their accounts?

South West Sky Blue

I’ve long been angry with teams screwing around financially. Man City got away with it a year ago. Shef Wed were eventually deducted 6 points. Derby got away with it twice in 12 months. They’ll probably get their comeuppance shortly- I hope so for the future and integrity of the game, but sympathise with their fans.

However on this point, I have some sympathy. Had they not fielded a youth team in the cup against Chorley for Covid reasons, they’d be able to sign players on short term deals. However that team of youngsters are now counted as potential squad players, stopping them from singing players on short term deals during an embargo.
In the league, you could postpone games due to Covid, not the cup.
Covid has shafted them here, which is a little unfair.
That’s my take. I’m not up together on all the rules, so will not argue with those more “in the know”.

skybluegod

Annoying that we don’t get to play them until October while a few of our relegation rivals have them very early. They’re going to be an absolute mess at the start of the season, hopefully they don’t sort themselves out are are shit all year!

To be honest we said that about Bolton when they were getting thrashed 5-0 every week and we still somehow managed to draw 0-0

Phoenix5555

From my understanding, they are only allowed to sign players for a fee up until they have a min squad number for 1st team. As last season in one of the cups, they had to put out loads of youth players due to COVID as the FA told them they had to play. Because of that all those players have made 1 appearance in the 1st team and count towards their squad. I find it amusing that has now screwed them over for signing other players as in my opinion should have been relegated

CDK

At the end of the window can't see them player wise any further forward because players with no contract are an easy pick up and very difficult for managers to get a successful blend.
Think a season of struggle and relegation awaits.

jordan210

Isn't the embargo for failing to file accounts ?

mainly because they need to update the ones they got a bit creative over and file this years.

I would guess the figures dont look good and worried they might get a bigger punishment this time.

skybluesam66

so the embargo is because they have not filed 2016 to 2018 accounts
The accounts were completed except for the amortisation of player values which require restatement
That is probably a few hours work on a spreadsheet at most and then get audit sign off
Unless, as expected that does not give the answer they are looking for

So if all is above board, they can get the accounts filed, and make new signings
If they are dodgy as, then they should accept the punishments coming to them

Colin Steins Smile

From my understanding, they are only allowed to sign players for a fee up until they have a min squad number for 1st team. As last season in one of the cups, they had to put out loads of youth players due to COVID as the FA told them they had to play. Because of that all those players have made 1 appearance in the 1st team and count towards their squad. I find it amusing that has now screwed them over for signing other players as in my opinion should have been relegated
That’s exactly what I’ve heard from Derby season ticket holder. As they have 23 players with first team experience then the embargo stays in place, until the resubmission of accounts.
Interestingly the much mooted takeover of Derby is still under negotiation and I wonder if they are waiting for the outcome of the audited accounts before finalising the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread