Derby points deduction (2 Viewers)

JonesBob

Derby look like they don’t fancy a long stay in league one getting plenty of steady old pros in

Like most business people, if you invest, and do not have access to buckets of money, you have to invest in the short term to recouperate your investment. Investing in a football club is lunacy and for some unknown reason many a grown man has gambled their entire fortunes to have the feeling of owning a club.

bawtryneal

Like most business people, if you invest, and do not have access to buckets of money, you have to invest in the short term to recouperate your investment. Investing in a football club is lunacy and for some unknown reason many a grown man has gambled their entire fortunes to have the feeling of owning a club.

How to become a millionaire…..start out as a billionaire and then buy a football club.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You can see what they're trying to do. They've pretty much lost the majority of their squad so I assume they're trying to bring in leaders/experience in every area of the pitch and build around them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just read that the efl are limiting Derby to a wage budget of no more than eight million next year how will they manage.

SBT

Nice bit of living overseas, probably gets paid well, of he does ok can walk into a job here whenever he wants. Have seen more bizarre!

Supposedly his family prefers living in the UK to the US, and the DC area is a painfully dull place to live in any case. Meanwhile DC United are a perennially underperforming (and currently extremely crap) team in a league where the transfer restrictions and playoff format make it very difficult to achieve sustained success.

Maybe he’s encouraged by success stories like Jesse Marsch and Patrick Vieira but it seems to me like he’s taking the comfortable option here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Supposedly his family prefers living in the UK to the US, and the DC area is a painfully dull place to live in any case. Meanwhile DC United are a perennially underperforming (and currently extremely crap) team in a league where the transfer restrictions and playoff format make it very difficult to achieve sustained success.

Maybe he’s encouraged by success stories like Jesse Marsch and Patrick Vieira but it seems to me like he’s taking the comfortable option here.

He probably thinks it stands for Derby County

NorthernWisdom

It's also the no-lose option, which is surely a half-wise thing to do?

SBT

It's also the no-lose option, which is surely a half-wise thing to do?

Well if he’s an outright failure there then his chances of managing in the Premier League are probably over (Phil Neville’s reputation now is worse than it was before he left England Women for Inter Miami). So it’s not entirely risk free. On the other hand, if he goes out there and DC United dominate (very unlikely) then it’s a case of “it’s only MLS”.

Seems to me like he just wants an easier/low stakes job out of the limelight.

Hobo

Well if he’s an outright failure there then his chances of managing in the Premier League are probably over (Phil Neville’s reputation now is worse than it was before he left England Women for Inter Miami). So it’s not entirely risk free. On the other hand, if he goes out there and DC United dominate (very unlikely) then it’s a case of “it’s only MLS”.

Seems to me like he just wants an easier/low stakes job out of the limelight.

A low stakes job out of the limelight - but he will still be coaching everyday and be able to develop his coaching skills.

A bit of a busmans holiday. But it stops him going ring rusty before the next proper opportunity comes along.

SlowerThanPlatt

Interview in The Athletic today:

“I firmly believe I can manage in the Premier League,” said Rooney. “I don’t think that’s an issue at all for me. But as I’ve stated quite clearly there’s a couple of clubs I want to manage in the Premier League and in order for me to get there I want to make sure I do everything right, that I gain the best experience I can. There’s managers who wouldn’t move out of England to manage. My mantra is: the more knowledge I can gain over the next few years, the more adaptable and experienced I’ll be to put myself in a position to manage at the top level, and coming back to D.C., I really feel — I’ve seen some of the comments from the journalists back home in England, I feel it’s really disrespectful to the MLS, the MLS is a good league, a tough league to manage in and to play in and so I feel this is a challenge for me.”

skybluegod

Didn't think he could build a squad when individual wages were limited to ONLY 12k p/w as part of their coming out of administration business plan!!!
Poor Derby!!..... :unsure:

There is no way Conor Hourihane is on less 12k P/W, where have you seen this? Or was this prior to the guys takeover when the dale evans 2.0 was planning on coming in?

shepardo01

There is no way Conor Hourihane is on less 12k P/W, where have you seen this? Or was this prior to the guys takeover when the dale evans 2.0 was planning on coming in?
It has been reported, and pitied!!
This was as part of the new guys takeover.
When I said ONLY 12k, that was sarcasm, as that would be pretty much top whack here!!

Users who are viewing this thread