Delusion (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What delusion is this? I think it's pretty clear Slade is the best manager we have ever had and Kyel Reid will deserving get his statue put up any time now.

skyblueinBaku

What delusion is this? I think it's pretty clear Slade is the best manager we have ever had and Kyel Reid will deserving get his statue put up any time now.
I assume the statue will be next to Joy's!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

A number of threads on here recently have led me to believe that many Sky Blue fans suffer from the delusion that we are a Premiership club in temporary exile in League 2. We are a League 2 side trying to get into League 1. Perhaps this is easier for me to accept as we were in the fourth tier when I first started supporting the City whereas many of you, I guess, will have started supporting when we were in the Premiership. The next person who says 'we can't even beat (insert name of League 2 team)' gets a red card. Having said all that, I feel more confident about our playing prospects than I have done for some time. Won't be long now before we're 'back where we belong'.
Can we also give red cards to people still referring to it as the 'Premiership'. IT HASNT BEEN THE PREMIERSHIP IN OVER TEN YEARS!

rob9872

As a side note, the Premier League hasn’t been called the Premiership for over 10 years.
That enhances his point as we were already out of it before the change.

Nick

Administrator
It's as if people dont know it hasn't been the Premiership for over 10 years or something.

SlowerThanPlatt

I don’t think anybody expects us to steamroll teams because we’re a ‘big’ club. I expect us to beat weaker teams because we have a very good squad for this level IMO

clint van damme

We are a big club, we will always be a big club , I am not deluded its fact. If I think the team I support are the dogs genitals that's my own opinion and not subject or required to your opinion.

true, but if an opinion is so out of kilter with reality you end up looking a bit of a twat, (not suggesting that's the case here, well, maybe a little bit!)

hill83

We are a big club, we will always be a big club , I am not deluded its fact. If I think the team I support are the dogs genitals that's my own opinion and not subject or required to your opinion.

iWFYPuh4.jpg

NortonSkyBlue

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, wouldn't challenge that.
Big club? Fact? That's where we go our separate ways.....

itsabuzzard

I’m not sure many fans I know think that we are a premier league team by right, but given our history we should be further up the pyramid than we are.
What's history got to do with it? This is precisely the point the OP is making!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Astute

It's as if people dont know it hasn't been the Premiership for over 10 years or something.
Maybe there are others like me that are only interested in watching one club. I don't give a toss about the Prem unless we play and beat them in a cup.

Sick Boy

It hit me when we beat Stoke, and everyone on TV made such a big thing about a L2 team beating a premiership team. Almost the same as when Sutton Utd beat us. Having supported them since we were in the old league 2 in 1965, I still see us as a sleeping giant. (You can give me a red card because .... we'll be back)

I refuse to see us beating Stoke as a 'giant killing'.

Captain Dart

As a side note, the Premier League hasn’t been called the Premiership for over 10 years.
So do you think we'll ever get back into the Premiership?

clint van damme

Maybe there are others like me that are only interested in watching one club. I don't give a toss about the Prem unless we play and beat them in a cup.

I tried explaining this to an armchair Man Utd supporter at work yesterday but he just didn't get it. I want us back in the premier for the sake of the club so it can progress and for the young support who've never experienced it and but for me personally, it doesn't appeal, though I'd love the journey getting there.

A villa fan at work was saying the same thing and how much he is enjoying the Championship but the lad didn't get it. If your football fix is sitting watching Sky then you're hardy likely to.

I remember years ago when all I'd known was top flight football a Bolton supporter saying to me he wished they could win the Championship, (think it was league 1 at the time), but not actually get promoted, I didn't know what the fuck he was on about but I do now.

Dazmataz

What's history got to do with it? This is precisely the point the OP is making!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
Is it? I’ve not said anything about assuming that we should be in the premier league. But, given the support that the club can attract, and to the end finances and potential sponsorship, which is all based on our history then surely we shouldn’t be in League 2.

We are there because we’ve been badly mismanaged for years, and because of that mismanagement we deserve to be in League 2.

Johhny Blue

Peole are talking about the "glory days of the prem" but in reality other than one or two great seadons we were hanging on by our teeth and losing a lot more gamrs than we were winning. I for one am really enjoying this season and the dog is ecstatic not getting kicked around every Saturday afternoon.

Hobo

Three Minute Hero

Users who are viewing this thread