Delfouneso signs on loan! (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Brilliant news!

shmmeee

Great stuff. At least we won't have the debacle of a school kid and Jordan Clarke representing us up front.

Now, another one please. And a winger. And a defensive midfielder. And a center back.

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City have signed striker Nathan Delfouneso on a loan deal from Premier League side Aston Villa until the end of the season.

The 22-year-old joins the Sky Blues up to and including June 30, 2014.

Delfouneso, a product of Villa's youth academy, ended an 18-month loan spell with Championship side Blackpool earlier this month and has also represented England at every age group from the under-16s right through to the under-21s.

City manager Steven Pressley said he was delighted to secure the services of the striker after fending off strong interest from elsewhere.

"Nathan had always been high on our shortlist for this window and we'd pursued him for a number of weeks so we are absolutely delighted to be able to bring him in," Pressley said.

"He has a great level of experience for somebody of his age and his ability is something we feel will give us the kind of attacking threat that we want.

"I have been saying throughout this month that we wanted to add strikers in this window so to get someone of Nathan's calibre through the door is exactly the kind of business that we want to be doing."

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...villa-300114-1328049.aspx#XKtKDIw5AyQos2Ge.99

shy_tall_knight

He is out of contract at the end of the season, if he scores a few goals we will help him move to a more ambitious club like Rotherham

hackneyfox

9 goals in 98 appearnces.

Apparently we had him on loan.

How is Moussa doing for you?

shmmeee

Either awesome or annoyingly lazy depending on who and when you ask.

Scored a hatful from midfield, but some questions about his discipline and work ethic.

LJC_CCFC

Should score bagfulls as the quality of this division is very poor. Great bit of business considering Lambert only wanted him to go to a championship club

hill83

Not a great goal scoring record, but we score goals and there's no reason to believe he won't score in this team. I'm pleased.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa is doing really well, could definitely play in the championship. Delfouneso goalscoring record is pretty poor in the championship but he has often been played out wide, playing upfront in a lower quality league and he could do well.

runner

We need SISU not to just bank the £0.5m to £1.0m depending on which source you check ... since this guy alone, whilst a good signing I feel, isn't going to replace Leon's scoring record, 6 goals in 52 appearences ... not prolific.

PVA

A pretty dreadful scoring record, but Clarke and mcGoldrick's weren't great so let's see...

Specs WT-R75

Should score bagfulls as the quality of this division is very poor. Great bit of business considering Lambert only wanted him to go to a championship club

tbf with him being out of contract in June I suspect this is more down to Delfouneso wanting to play regularly in order to move on elsewhere... I don't really care if he performs well then it is a win win - at least we are under no illusions like a certain Mr Clarke.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So within an hour we're already bashing his scoring record? Have city fans learned nothing from our last two major strikers signing?

@richh87

Good signing. Very pleased with this, and have lots of faith in Pressley's eye for a player.

My only question is - is he too similar to Wilson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

duffer

Good signing. Very pleased with this, and have lots of faith in Pressley's eye for a player.

My only question is - is he too similar to Wilson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What, you mean really fast and scores loads of goals?

That wouldn't be an absolute disaster. ;)

Sky Blue Pete

He is out of contract at the end of the season, if he scores a few goals we will help him move to a more ambitious club like Rotherham
Brilliant and funny.

A loan only though so no sign of the investment sisu talked about

Let's see what else happens

Pleased with the signing

stupot07

We need SISU not to just bank the £0.5m to £1.0m depending on which source you check ... since this guy alone, whilst a good signing I feel, isn't going to replace Leon's scoring record, 6 goals in 52 appearences ... not prolific.

He only started half of those games.

There's a big gulf in quality between league one and championship defences.

He'll score in this league, remember forest fans calling McGoldrick 'McGoaldrought' when we signed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

With a deal like this where he's on loan until the end of the season then out of contract does something get put in place so we get first option on a permanent contract?

Users who are viewing this thread