Delfouneso signs on loan! (1 Viewer)

The Gentleman

No, but only playing 20 mins here and there isn't the same as someone playing 90 minutes week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes but the sign of even a half decent striker is that he will usually take 1 out of 2 chances. His record doesn't really set me on fire and a mate on mine who is Villa mad didn't rate him. Would like to be proved wrong though so here's hoping.

Hobo

Let's give him a chance. Hopefully we might provide a few more chances for him. It might take a few games for him to get going so let's get behind him. Who knows he might sign if his contract is up.

Well done SP & Waggot. If the lads got sense he will listen & learn from SP and who knows this could be the real start to his career. I wish him all the luck. Lets hope he is part of our play off winning side!!

Nick

Administrator
Not a bad name signing to be honest, just have to see how he does :) There is no point judging him on Wikipedia stats just yet :)

I don't think he has also played at this level so he might set it alight :)

Godiva

Yes but the sign of even a half decent striker is that he will usually take 1 out of 2 chances. His record doesn't really set me on fire and a mate on mine who is Villa mad didn't rate him. Would like to be proved wrong though so here's hoping.

David McGoldrick:
Southamton, apps: 64 - goals: 12
Nottingham Forrest, apps: 63 - goals: 8
Coventry City, apps: 22 - goals: 16

The Gentleman

Moan if they sign somebody. Moan if they don't. Realistically this is as good as we can get.

But for me that's is the problem, we've not really signed him, we've just borrowed him for a bit. Yes he may turn out to be a good bit of pollyfilla but I would like to see Waggot/Pressley actually sell the club to someone who wants to actually sign for the club rather than using it as a stepping stone. As he is a PL player, if he does well we won't see him again and if he doesn't do well, well the same thing applies. Fact is we are no better off as I doubt he will fire us to the playoffs as we keep shipping goals.

Nick

Administrator
But for me that's is the problem, we've not really signed him, we've just borrowed him for a bit. Yes he may turn out to be a good bit of pollyfilla but I would like to see Waggot/Pressley actually sell the club to someone who wants to actually sign for the club rather than using it as a stepping stone. As he is a PL player, if he does well we won't see him again and if he doesn't do well, well the same thing applies. Fact is we are no better off as I doubt he will fire us to the playoffs as we keep shipping goals.

I see your point, I hope the money from Leon Clarke is reinvested into some players who are "ours" but McGoldrick was only on loan and he gave us entertainment.

Grendel

Stole city managed to get promoted to the Premiership principally through loan signings.

RFC

David McGoldrick:
Southamton, apps: 64 - goals: 12
Nottingham Forrest, apps: 63 - goals: 8
Coventry City, apps: 22 - goals: 16

I recall when McGlodrick went back to Forest and we signed Clarke many on this site said he (Clarke) was rubbish compared to McGoldrick.

How times change! We were after Delfouneso on loan a few years ago.

Paxman II

This is a terrific signing! he has premier league qualities and in the league we are in and the way we play the guy should do at least what Clarke had been doing. He might score for fun in our team. Great stuff from Pressley yet again.

Not sure about the ex Barnet winger though? Where does he fit in?

Nick

Administrator
This is a terrific signing! he has premier league qualities and in the league we are in and the way we play the guy should do at least what Clarke had been doing. He might score for fun in our team. Great stuff from Pressley yet again.

Not sure about the ex Barnet winger though? Where does he fit in?

Club pharmacist?

The Gentleman

I see your point, I hope the money from Leon Clarke is reinvested into some players who are "ours" but McGoldrick was only on loan and he gave us entertainment.

Yes but for how long? for Pressley's team to be successful, we need at least some new signed players on decent contracts. Not only would it show the fans that at least they ARE investing in the team but also it would show our current crop of rising stars that there actually might be something worth hanging around for in the long term.

thaiskyblue

I recall when McGlodrick went back to Forest and we signed Clarke many on this site said he (Clarke) was rubbish compared to McGoldrick.

How times change! We were after Delfouneso on loan a few years ago.
i'm with rfc on this one (must check my medication ), i think this is a decent move .

Grendel

Like I said in my post, I would like to be proved wrong. However, does his record fill you with excitement?

It ultimately is irrelevant. On that basis lee Hughes was a fantastic signing given his goals ratio in the championship. Mcgoldrick looked shocking and other than Scunthorpe Clarke was not prolific.

fernandopartridge

... and borrowing him is as good as it gets mate. The club is destitute for various reasons. What else do they do?

Godiva

Like I said in my post, I would like to be proved wrong. However, does his record fill you with excitement?

No - but the team he will be part of does.
And the system he will play in does.
And who knows - we have 11 points to catch up and 19 games to do it. Not likely, but not impossible. Wheter he stays or move on at the end of this season may depend on our final tabel postion. Should he move on Waggott and Presley will have three months to bring in a long term replacement.

Excellent signing in our circumstances. Far better than Leon Clarke.

I don't expect to see any of the Clarke fee spent on a transfer, more likely to fund the expenses of further loan signings or wages for out of contract players. So long as they are of the quality of this lad I would be happy with that.

Last edited:

Grendel

Astute

The one most fans thought was shit whenwe signed him?

Just what you said the other day. I posted a link to the thread when we signed him......and I only remember one person saying what you are saying.

stupot07

No you are right, we should have gone for Rooney instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Godiva

I do try once a year :D

But I think this is the second time in a week ... have you been taking secret lessons from Otis?
Or have you started dating his wife?

The Gentleman

No you are right, we should have gone for Rooney instead...

And there was me thinking that for once people on here were having a rational debate, then you come with a comment like that

Andy69

Dont play him on the wing,he wasnt effective at blackpool in that position and was always taken off or just used as a sub,we need to play him on the front line.

Users who are viewing this thread