Delayed departure (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

We are just very unlucky
20 goes at getting a good manager. Apparently we only managed it once and he shafted us, also despite the fact he was supposedly successful with us with the worst team ever. He went into to manage a further two teams and was crap.

As I say apparently we are just very unlucky.

Grendel

We are just very unlucky
20 goes at getting a good manager. Apparently we only managed it once and he shafted us, also despite the fact he was supposedly successful with us with the worst team ever. He went into to manage a further two teams and was crap.

As I say apparently we are just very unlucky.

No you are just very bitter

Grendel

Sack em as quick as possible
Why change a tried and tested route to success

So you would have kept Thorn for how long?
Did you wish Robins has stayed and built for the future?

dongonzalos

So you would have kept Thorn for how long?
Did you wish Robins has stayed and built for the future?

We keep getting new managers in. Saying that different things are the priority.
We need a team of scouts
We don't need any scouts
We need to play direct football
The youngsters should train with the first team
The youngsters and first team should never meet.
We need sports science and fitness
We need to spend the money decorating
We need a big fence

Every change of manager brings a different focus a different way of thinking. Different priorities.

We are never consistently going in the same direction.

We may get away with it slightly this time because of the TM and MV relationship.

However at some point we will need s manager to last 3-5 years not our average of 1 year.

letsallsingtogether

17 angers sacked so far this season many more not in work some very high profile.
They have all failed to get the sack.
One of these is likely to be our next manager should Venus not get it or get the sack himself.

So who ever we get he will already be a failure.

Otis

What we have learnt is that two year plans simply don't work. Every season seems like a rebuild.

Can't see how you can have a two year plan unless you are retaining the majority of your squad and attempting to build upon it each season, rather than having to keep replacing it.

clint van damme

OMG how many times

Yessss that is correctomundo

And imo we looked far better than position in table suggested. Its my opinion

And I saw alot of last year ring person when we had best finish in decade too.

Mowbray was not awful

I really struggle to see how you could draw that conclusion mate, we looked poor.

Astute

I frequently back players and if a manager is successful I back them.

And if you say once that someone is shit you continue to say that they are shit however well that they are doing. And then wait for them to have a bad game or two for the chance to say it proves you right.

Bigi was your latest target.

Astute

What we have learnt is that two year plans simply don't work. Every season seems like a rebuild.

Can't see how you can have a two year plan unless you are retaining the majority of your squad and attempting to build upon it each season, rather than having to keep replacing it.
And this was the problem for TM. Just the same for previous managers and most probably future ones.

How can we build if our better players consist of loans and our own players that get sold? This season our problem has been scoring goals. The defence hasn't been too bad at all. But I am supposed to say that TM is shit because he couldn't sign a goal scorer and mistakes made at the back when we have played half decent.

I put a lot of it down to the situation that we are in.

Nick

Administrator
And this was the problem for TM. Just the same for previous managers and most probably future ones.

How can we build if our better players consist of loans and our own players that get sold? This season our problem has been scoring goals. The defence hasn't been too bad at all. But I am supposed to say that TM is shit because he couldn't sign a goal scorer and mistakes made at the back when we have played half decent.

I put a lot of it down to the situation that we are in.

Then on the other hand, TM has signed a few strikers which is why the goalscoring thing was a bit strange. People tended to forget he had brought in strikers at the start of the window.

NorthernWisdom

One thing I would say, is Mowbray himself looked shorter term. He spoke of a two year plan, but then filled us up with loans last season.

That, I don't understand really.

It is however why I supported Pressley despite his obvious failings and the dark days. I got a sense there was a desire to implement a proper long term plan.

Astute

One thing I would say, is Mowbray himself looked shorter term. He spoke of a two year plan, but then filled us up with loans last season.

It is however why I supported Pressley despite his obvious failings and the dark days. I got a sense there was a desire to implement a proper long term plan.
He brought in better loan players than we would have expected players on contract. Didn't have much luck with injuries though did we.

NorthernWisdom

He brought in better loan players than we would have expected players on contract. Didn't have much luck with injuries though did we.

But bringing in loaness is an all-or-nothing gamble, and doesn't help building long-term.

Our season now seems to be following exactly Swindon's season last year, when they'd filled up with loanees the season before *that*.

Loans are an instant success plan.

Astute

Pressley did well until our strikers were sold. Just like I said previously.

Astute

But bringing in loaness is an all-or-nothing gamble, and doesn't help building long-term.

Our season now seems to be following exactly Swindon's season last year, when they'd filled up with loanees the season before *that*.

Loan players go back to their club. Good players get sold.

So what is the best way of long term team building?

Nick

Administrator

I think the difference this year is that we don't massively rely on loans.

If we managed to get a loanee centre half to sit on the bench and maybe a cm then we would be ok. Oh, and maybe a decent free rb.

Page can be replaced with Stokes and Haynes for backup.

covcity4life

it takes time thats why, cant do it all in 1 season. he had to slowly get long term contracts becomign norm whilst filling squad for that season via loans. this year we got loans in again but also added more long term stability. he was on to the right idea.

my original point is that TM had us top 6 ind ecember, thats more than most(or any) managers have done for us ! yet hes awful because fell to 8th but managers who stayed 16th all season are ok

weird

Astute

Have players on contract so at least if they are sold, they raise some capital.

Signing Jones is the right approach, we just need more of him (and, hopefully, him to develop as wished!)
Decent out of contract players usually go where the best wages are offered. Contracted players normally cost money. This comes out of the playing budget. So it leaves less money for wages.

It would have been much easier if SISU would have kept to what they said and put 60% of all money received for players sold into the playing budget. Players could have been bought for lower fees. Out of contract players could have been offered a little bit more. But as we all know all they did was vastly change the break even amount and not give the manager the money promised.

ccfchoi87

it takes time thats why, cant do it all in 1 season. he had to slowly get long term contracts becomign norm whilst filling squad for that season via loans. this year we got loans in again but also added more long term stability. he was on to the right idea.

my original point is that TM had us top 6 ind ecember, thats more than most(or any) managers have done for us ! yet hes awful because fell to 8th but managers who stayed 16th all season are ok

weird

Mowbray did exactly the same at middlesborough. He even failed at Celtic which is practically impossible, he is not a good manager, you would know if you saw us at the start of this season. It's not a coincidence that when Mowbray left, we played formations that made sense with players in the correct positions and we actually won some games

covcity4life

w
Mowbray did exactly the same at middlesborough. He even failed at Celtic which is practically impossible, he is not a good manager, you would know if you saw us at the start of this season. It's not a coincidence that when Mowbray left, we played formations that made sense with players in the correct positions and we actually won some games

lil tweaks my friend,lil tweaks

Sky Blue Kid

weird

1) Long term stability isn't going from a great start to top of the league(6-7 points clear) to 8th that is far from stability mate. 2) Though not nice to look at (League position) It is stability to a certain degree ;)

Gint11

You've got to get out of this league with a team of no ones who work well together and graft. As soon as you unearth a gem, it doesn't make financial logic to not sell that player at that time. Once you get to mid table and above in the Championship, you should then be in a position to not have to sell player and hope you as a club are doing enough to keep the player happy. Regardless of TMs loans, we sell players as soon as the opportunity arises so there is no long term aim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread