Defence (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

The defence lacks the ability at the level 22 goals in 11 games,everyone thinks we will be fine but the gap is beginning 4 points away from forest
Robins has to find a way for it to work as they’re the only defenders we have until January

Grendel

It’s not just the personnel

3 at the back isn’t working. The wing backs are stretched and the back 3 are not quick

Zonal marking at corners is shambolic

cc84cov

It’s not just the personnel

3 at the back isn’t working. The wing backs are stretched and the back 3 are not quick

Zonal marking at corners is shambolic
Can you image what will happen if we went 2 at back ? Said it weeks back G zonal marking is some bullshit fancy system people like to use as it’s in fashion pick your players up he’s your man simple

cc84cov

I’ve lost all confidence in our defence at this level 11 games 22 goals is beyond a fucking joke

Sky Blue Harry H

I’ve lost all confidence in our defence at this level 11 games 22 goals is beyond a fucking joke

It's like a marriage mate, For better or worse - just watch a few of last season's videos and relax - the worm will turn.

cc84cov

He has had a bad run; hopefully he'll pick up; it's the inaccurate ten to twenty yard forward passes that are hurting us.
His passing has been shambolic he’s positional awareness was worse than McCallum today and he’s a left back playing right wing back

cc84cov

Drop rose bring mcfadz back in the centre osti & hyam either side and just hope to god we are still in the mix come jan then we can beg joy to get us someone who’s at the level it will be the difference between staying up & going down

Sky Blue Pete

I think these three have it. Dabo would make a difference too. They’ve played twice together give them a few more games

KenilworthSkyBlue

Rose is the weak link.

I know people go on about McFadz but Rose has been much worse this season.

I have to say I agree.

Yet I feel this has gone under the radar at times. For instance, I remember his ratings against Reading in particular were baffling considering he was arguably at the very least at partial fault for both goals conceded.

McFadz certainly has a mistake in his remit as we saw against Forest but I feel Rose needs a rest.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Having a natural RWB will be a good start. Rose is the weak link for me currently in that back 3 but while McFadz plays well individually he pulls the whole team to deep. I'm not sure we have the answer in our squad unless Pask becomes a revelation played in his natural position
How ? They seem way off the level Needed to keep clean sheets

The answer is win more games 3-2

coop

It's not the defence the whole team need to defend from the front. I think we need to stop pissing about playing it from the back and find a plan b and c. We haven't got the time or players to play it out from the back in this league we are to predictable.

SlowerThanPlatt

It's not the defence the whole team need to defend from the front. I think we need to stop pissing about playing it from the back and find a plan b and c. We haven't got the time or players to play it out from the back in this league we are to predictable.

We also haven’t got the players to lump it, as seen at Brentford. It would be even less successful than how we play now

CanuckSkyBlue

They should of known that this defence wasn’t up to the standard. Mcfadz shouldn’t see the starting line up again. The sh*t thing is Rose isn’t good enough either.

we’re up sh*t creek from a defensive stand point

fernandopartridge

Options to replace Rose:

Within existing set up....

Da Costa as right sided centre back

McFadz back in and Ostigard shifts to the right side

Left field one but Da Costa right wing back and Mccallum steps into the left sided centre back role (I think he could do it)

4 at the back with Ostigard and Hyam paired, Kelly back in to the side in place of Rose

Legia Sky Blue

Rose hasn't been the player he was last season but that doesn't mean he can't be that player again. Because of his injury he didn't really have a pre season, and unfortunately he has effectively been having his pre season in competitive Championship games. I rate all of our defenders individually and they just have to get back to operating as a unit, which hopefully will happen sooner rather than later so we can stop shipping needless goals.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There were instances yesterday where Watford stepped up for the press and Marosi hit it a bit longer. The problem isn't playing it about at the back, it's ALWAYS playing it out from the back. Opposition know what to do. But if you just always hit it direct they know to drop off, play the big lumps to win the headers and that's ineffective too. So if you vary it up it helps.

Play it around at the back and you force them up a bit and that gives you the chance to make some space to exploit. The problem is we've made far too many basic errors doing it giving them chances. To be fair I think we made these errors last season as well but weren't punished for them half as often as we are now. That's that step up in class showing.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Both Rose and Dabo were out with hip injuries. Both have been shadows of themselves so far this season. Dabo is now out again.

As I've said before hip injuries can be a bugger to deal with effectively and what is expected to be a minor problem can go on for months because no-one can get to the bottom of what the actual problem is.

shmmeee

Options to replace Rose:

Within existing set up....

Da Costa as right sided centre back

McFadz back in and Ostigard shifts to the right side

Left field one but Da Costa right wing back and Mccallum steps into the left sided centre back role (I think he could do it)

4 at the back with Ostigard and Hyam paired, Kelly back in to the side in place of Rose

Sheaf at CB and Kelly in the middle?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Only Southend United, rock bottom of the entire football league, have conceded more goals than Coventry City.

Users who are viewing this thread