Defence (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

SISU find some money & sign someone who’s at the level or these fucking clowns will take us down

cc84cov

Forest are now 4 points ahead of us we are sat in 21st this defence is gonna cost us I’m in total shock considering how well they looked last season

Esoterica

Having a natural RWB will be a good start. Rose is the weak link for me currently in that back 3 but while McFadz plays well individually he pulls the whole team too deep. I'm not sure we have the answer in our squad unless Pask becomes a revelation played in his natural position

Last edited:

cc84cov

Free headers from corners at this level ? I’m not a fan of zonal but ffs what ever system you use you cannot be giving a free header from a corner

Sky Blue Harry H

Free headers from corners at this level ? I’m not a fan of zonal but ffs what ever system you use you cannot be giving a free header from a corner

Think that was the annoying goal for me. We'd conceded a corner from giving the ball away cheaply. The handball was a bugger, but Callum O'Hare fought like a tiger (again) today, so I'll rarely criticise him.

cooperskyblue

At the moment we are commiting suicidal things defensively that are costing us dearly.
The first 2 goals today shocking and the handball awful by Ohare like Biamou on Wednesday. At the moment these silly mistakes are costing us points.

BUT, there is a hell of a lot to be positive about from the last 2 games. Yes 0 points and that needs to change, but we more than competed. We created chances. We scored and kept thr ball. We are finding our feet in the final third and once we sort out composure at the back we will pick up wins. That I am 100% certain.

Deserved 4 points from last 2 games at a minimum ans wasn't to be. Keep playing like that and we will beat a fair number of teams.

cc84cov

Think that was the annoying goal for me. We'd conceded a corner from giving the ball away cheaply. The handball was a bugger, but Callum O'Hare fought like a tiger (again) today, so I'll rarely criticise him.
We’re gonna need at least 1 defender in Jan H be shocked if we wasn’t already looking and the convo about funds hadn’t already happened

Sky Blue Harry H

We’re gonna need at least 1 defender in Jan H be shocked if we wasn’t already looking and the convo about funds hadn’t already happened

It's the Dabo issue that worries me the most; it affects the way we try and move forward. McCallum - who has done fantastically is cutting inside or drilling it across the defence, whereas Dabo would be forcing the line all the time, I think it is leading to us spending too much time with the ball being played amongst the back 3, and their distribution isn't effective enough to positively affect the attack. Not sure what MR will do about it, as no-one knows how effective Da Costa will be as cover. Without Dabo playing, I would prefer us to go long with 2 up front but play the ball quicker, as wasting time at the back with a poor percentage of accurate passes is ineffective. We'll get there eventually !!

cc84cov

Just heard robins saying we can’t keep hiding behind good performances sounds fucked off just like the rest of us 🤣

chiefdave

I'd be worried about how that conversation about funds went.

SISU aren't going to put their own money in and run the club at a loss, we all know that. And with no fans in grounds for the foreseeable future and no sign of any money from the government where's the money coming from.

The standard of player we need will cost money, won't be someone coming in on a free or a loan.

cc84cov

I'd be worried about how that conversation about funds went.

SISU aren't going to put their own money in and run the club at a loss, we all know that. And with no fans in grounds for the foreseeable future and no sign of any money from the government where's the money coming from.

The standard of player we need will cost money, won't be someone coming in on a free or a loan.
How much will relegation cost ?

chiefdave

Just heard robins saying we can’t keep hiding behind good performances sounds fucked off just like the rest of us 🤣
Better than him coming on saying everything is great and going to plan. If he's not happy the players will know about it and something will be done to rectify it. There's been high praise of our coaching setup, with the international break now is the time for them to prove their worth.

chiefdave

How much will relegation cost ?
I think we all know thats not how it will be looked at. Do you really think our owners are going to pump large amounts of their own money in on the chance it keeps us up.

And of course even if they do there's no guarantee it works. That's the 'chasing the dragon' method that ends up with clubs in a mess financially.

Users who are viewing this thread