Deeney sackd (1 Viewer)

SBT

Worrying thing is I actually think quite a few people on here and elsewhere wouldn’t give a shit if it wasn’t their precious Dabo who got slagged off.
The story got picked up by a lot of places, not just here, with specific attention to what he said about Dabo, who most football fans have no strong opinions on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Worrying thing is I actually think quite a few people on here and elsewhere wouldn’t give a shit if it wasn’t their precious Dabo who got slagged off.

If it was another player there would be some sort of a discussion about the content of what was said. The fact there hasn't really been that and there seems to be a strong focus on shutting down the debate with things like 'no more needs to be said' and 'close the thread' says a lot.

I think there's some fans that are a bit ignorant and love Dabo from the league 1 days, but I think for some others they know how bad he's become and are just uncomfortable about it.

The attitude has been one of the biggest concerns from the FGR fans and when he's coming out and saying he thinks he can play in the Premier League, some one does need to have a word. That doesn't mean it should be played on the radio, but he's obviously making enough waves to have caused some serious angst.

fernandopartridge

By the accounts of Forest Green Rovers fans, Dabo has been absolutely dreadful and isn't fit to wear the shirt. In both performances and attitude. Not sure why our fans are particularly sentimental about him. He had one decent season and then otherwise was wages that could have been used elsewhere for the majority of the rest of his time here. None of this is to even mention him putting himself forward to take a penalty when he realistically had no chance of scoring one.

As a manager you don't call your players out individually in public, and that was wrong, but some of our fans go on about Dabo like they'd give him another contract here if they could. CCFC is going in a much better direction without players like that.
Give it a rest, you are obsessed with him

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

If it was another player there would be some sort of a discussion about the content of what was said. The fact there hasn't really been that and there seems to be a strong focus on shutting down the debate with things like 'no more needs to be said' and 'close the thread' says a lot.

I think there's some fans that are a bit ignorant and love Dabo from the league 1 days, but I think for some others they know how bad he's become and are just uncomfortable about it.

The attitude has been one of the biggest concerns from the FGR fans and when he's coming out and saying he thinks he can play in the Premier League, some one does need to have a word. That doesn't mean it should be played on the radio, but he's obviously making enough waves to have caused some serious angst.

Deeney just had the angst of someone out of their depth and lashed out at the people around him. How does a manager get a 4 match ban for verbal abuse?

If you he said what he said about Dabo publicly, it makes you think how he spoke to his players behind closed doors. It doesn’t paint a pretty picture!

People’s reaction on his forum sympathetic to Dabo isn’t because of nostalgia for his time with us… it’s because the way Troy Deeney conducted himself was disgraceful towards someone he manages. As a pundit, what he says is harsh, but not over the line.

Brighton Sky Blue

By the accounts of Forest Green Rovers fans, Dabo has been absolutely dreadful and isn't fit to wear the shirt. In both performances and attitude. Not sure why our fans are particularly sentimental about him. He had one decent season and then otherwise was wages that could have been used elsewhere for the majority of the rest of his time here. None of this is to even mention him putting himself forward to take a penalty when he realistically had no chance of scoring one.

As a manager you don't call your players out individually in public, and that was wrong, but some of our fans go on about Dabo like they'd give him another contract here if they could. CCFC is going in a much better direction without players like that.
I largely agree except this idea that he put himself forward for a penalty because he was deluded into thinking he’d score. He looked petrified

Astute

I largely agree except this idea that he put himself forward for a penalty because he was deluded into thinking he’d score. He looked petrified
We can only guess on what happened.

Players taking penalties wouldn't have been chosen on the day. We had our 5 penalty takers. Maybe he volunteered to take the 6th and when the moment came the occasion got to him.

It wasn't just an ordinary penalty. It was for the prize of getting to the Prem and 100m to the club in a full house Wembley. You have to feel for any player who misses and their team loses. It's easy to have a go at the player instead of considering the circumstances.

clint van damme

We can only guess on what happened.

Players taking penalties wouldn't have been chosen on the day. We had our 5 penalty takers. Maybe he volunteered to take the 6th and when the moment came the occasion got to him.

It wasn't just an ordinary penalty. It was for the prize of getting to the Prem and 100m to the club in a full house Wembley. You have to feel for any player who misses and their team loses. It's easy to have a go at the player instead of considering the circumstances.

There's been an incredible amount of shite talked about that miss.
I mentioned on here before but a true great, Roberto Baggio, missed in the 94 World Cup and he's never got over it. It can happen to anyone.

Having said that, anyone calling for us to re-sign him needs a word with themselves.

Alkhen

Never really thought about it before but can you sack a player-manger the same way you can sack a manager?

I mean you can't sack a player for being shite?!

ovduk78

Never really thought about it before but can you sack a player-manger the same way you can sack a manager?

I mean you can't sack a player for being shite?!
Didn't we have issues with Terry Butcher? From memory, he was appointed as a player-manager but when it seemed he was too injured to carry on playing he refused to have his contract renegotiated to just manager. I'm not sure when he was sacked what he was employed as.

Greggs

Yikes what a dim worldview. I daresay there are a lot of women who know more about the game than you do or hell even me. Did we take a time machine back to the 50's?
1 question, have you ever put tater tots in your pocket?

Alkhen

Didn't we have issues with Terry Butcher? From memory, he was appointed as a player-manager but when it seemed he was too injured to carry on playing he refused to have his contract renegotiated to just manager. I'm not sure when he was sacked what he was employed as.
Ah I didn't know that, slightly before I started following Cov. Does seem like there must be precedents set for the situation by now.

Users who are viewing this thread