Deeney sackd (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Good luck getting another job in football off the back of this

Saddlebrains

I think Dabo was shit tbh, he had 1 good season in L1 and since his hip has gone he should have called it a day. Clear as day his body cant handle football anymore

His 0 goals 5 assists from a RWB position over 4 seasons is pitiful.

However, there was no need for Deeney the fat ugly tramp to haul Dabo over hot coals in public like that, it must be hard enough for him himself to know he needs to call it a day, to have that played out as publicly as it was was a joke and im pleased fans and the club rallied behind him

RegiswasGod

I didn't realise he'd finally crawled out of Ostigards pocket...
His managerial career will amount to nothing. Best he can hope for is to be an assistant somewhere.

Tomh111

Xenophobic is the wrong word mate. Deeney is English. He was born in Birmingham.
I didn't mean Deeney specifically, but you're right it could be the wrong word - although some modern definitions are a fear of anybody different from you.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

Surprised that they've got rid of him so quickly, even though he's not won one yet. The club were in dire straights before he come so it was hardly likely he was going to get 6 wins on the bounce.

Dale Vince is quite an astute guy - I reckon the negativity around Deeney with his Dabo comments and the 4 match touchline ban he got on Thursday, a culmination of those things probably formed the decision so early on.

Regardless of whether you think Dabo was any good for us or not, to be spoken to like that in front of your team-mates, must have been pretty shi!t.

Senior Vick from Alicante

As this thread shows, diversity appointments in any course of work can be completely divisive which means it cant be good for society as a whole, and before you shout I am not saying TD was. I think at FGR he was player coach and it was a case of right place right time, but like most of those appointments being their at the time doesn't mean you can. TD always came across as a bully on the pitch rather than a hard man type, that never transfers over to being a man manager. Thought he was quite good on Sky saying that in the one time I did see him. To get FGR out the mess they are in they need a solid experienced lower league manager not one in his first job trying to make a name for themselves.

Mucca Mad Boys

Great news after the way he treated Dabo
Imagine playing for a manager that toxic and sounds like he talks out his nose

That quote about Dabo was something a football fan would say in the pub after a few too many beers.

It was unprofessional, ugly and unacceptable. Who would want to play for a coach like that? Especially targeting a player for a moment in their career that would cause them pain is classless.

Alkhen

Oscars 2025 Best actor goes to.... Michael Sheen for his depiction of Troy Deeney in the film about his ill fated 29 day stint as FGR manager

Nick

Administrator
Was he that wrong about dabo? There's a reason he's playing for the bottom of the league 2 club.

Also called out other players for turning up late to training etc.

Not the right way to go about it but not sure why the prayfordabo stuff started.

Mucca Mad Boys

Was he that wrong about dabo? There's a reason he's playing for the bottom of the league 2 club.

Not the right way to go about it but not sure why the prayfordabo stuff started.

It’s all about context.

If he was a fan, it’s not a massively unfair thing to say. But, he’s not a fan, he’s a football manager - his boss. His job is to rally a struggling team and those in the malicious fashion that it was, undermined that. He had to go.

Think about it this way: If your boss slates you like that in public, would feel motivated to work hard in that job? No. Would someone witnessing a boss treat someone that way be motivated to work for them? No.

Deeney didn’t lose his job because of #Pray4Dabo, he lost it because the dressing room mutinied. He’s an inexperienced manager so he’ll get the chop if the players mutiny.

NorthernWisdom

I know it might be weird for some that a player who was part of our revival, stepped up and didn't hide, was prepared to play wherever asked for the team, and got hammered by injury might get a response when his current manager goes all cunty and humiliates him.

But it's basic human decency.

Hope Viveash's call to him was a bit better than you're shit but he shouldn't have said it in public.

Happy_Martian

Dabz was a good servant for the club. Can remember Robins saying he played on occasion with injuries. Remembrance with fondness. But nothing on the scale of the Hamer love-in our fans have (and still) shown.

But as Deeney was a self-professed mental health advocate, to then out a player with likely depression isn't a good look. Ever tried doing and enjoying your job when your head is in a completely different space ? This and not his outing of the entire squad has been the focus of many comments on Twitter.

baldy

Forest Green have made themselves look pretty dumb with their last couple of box ticking appointments - first it was a famale manager & now Deeney

They should live in the real world & employ a 'proper' managar for their level instead of trying to be woke

rob9872

All this talk about diversity got me thinking about a genuinely serious issue .. has the Rooney rule been misinterpreted meaning they have to give him the job if he applies?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Diversity appointment? I detest the phrase.

Everyone should have the same rights as each other. Black, white, male or whatever gender. It should all be down to ability. It pisses me off when each time a white male doesn't get the role it's made out to be a Diversity appointment or words to that effect.

I don't exactly like most women football commentators. If I wanted to listen to high pitched shouts I'd spend more time with the wife. But who am I to say who should get the gig.

The UK is very diverse. White males are actually a lower percentage of the population than most think. Yet there's always some ready to make comments when a white male doesn't get the role.
Thanks for putting everyone straight.

Happy_Martian

All this talk about diversity got me thinking about a genuinely serious issue .. has the Rooney rule been misinterpreted meaning they have to give him the job if he applies?

Thought the Rooney rule was only in the NFL ? When did we introduce that over here ?

ovduk78

Don't know if it's been mentioned here but has anybody else been unfortunate to catch his show with Defoe on R5live? It lasted about 2 minutes before I turned it off, 2 (ex-)footballers talking absolute shit!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Does anyone else think a small part of why Deeney was sacked was because he's a bit ugly ?

Grendel

Diversity appointment? I detest the phrase.

Everyone should have the same rights as each other. Black, white, male or whatever gender. It should all be down to ability. It pisses me off when each time a white male doesn't get the role it's made out to be a Diversity appointment or words to that effect.

I don't exactly like most women football commentators. If I wanted to listen to high pitched shouts I'd spend more time with the wife. But who am I to say who should get the gig.

The UK is very diverse. White males are actually a lower percentage of the population than most think. Yet there's always some ready to make comments when a white male doesn't get the role.

Statistically for whatever reason black people don’t get managerial appointments in proportion to white people

Happy_Martian

Forest Green have made themselves look pretty dumb with their last couple of box ticking appointments - first it was a famale manager & now Deeney

They should live in the real world & employ a 'proper' managar for their level instead of trying to be woke

Can't see the problem with either, if they are good at their job. But how does anyone get good if noone gives them a chance initially.

Womens and Mens football differ in a few places but tactically, they are the same. The only issue is how men react to a female boss. In the 60s, this may have been a problem. In todays more open society, I'd say less so. The lady at FGR had been a coach there and was replaced before the season started. We don't know how good she would have been.

And ex-players need a grounding in coaching/management before they get offered big jobs. That's been proven. Some think they're perfect, others aren't cut out for it. Deeney had other issues that made him a bad candidate regardless. We had Terry Butcher, awful but had the backup of Don Howe who guided him through "terrible" to just "awful". After us, Butcher hasn't survived at any club for long, apart from Inverness Caly Thistle. Last seen managing the Phillipines national team in 2018.

Grendel

Probably because he was a huge part of the first City side to win a league title for over 50 years!

So was Marosi

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Statistically for whatever reason black people don’t get managerial appointments in proportion to white people
But more black actors are getting top roles in police dramas and things like Silent Witness............and Doctors .

Troy could audition for Dr Who.

Last edited:

Boicey

As this thread shows, diversity appointments in any course of work can be completely divisive which means it cant be good for society as a whole, and before you shout I am not saying TD was. I think at FGR he was player coach and it was a case of right place right time, but like most of those appointments being their at the time doesn't mean you can. TD always came across as a bully on the pitch rather than a hard man type, that never transfers over to being a man manager. Thought he was quite good on Sky saying that in the one time I did see him. To get FGR out the mess they are in they need a solid experienced lower league manager not one in his first job trying to make a name for themselves.
Replace your first sentence with:
‘Every black player and manager appearing on TV in history has been called a ‘token’ or ‘diversity appointment’ based on absolutely no evidence”.
Its so tedious.

Users who are viewing this thread