Death List 2021 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4439

Flanked by Alan Longmuir and Stuart "Woody" Wood. Personally, I always thought Eric was the dishest of the lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

oscillatewildly

"Bye Bye Baby', was the song playing on the occasion of my first game at HR (April 1975) Clearly audible over the tannoy as me and Dad made our way up Swan Lane.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Michael Collins, the "forgotten astronaut" from the first Apollo Moon Landing. RIP

Bugsy

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Countdown creator, Marcel Stellman

We know what he's getting as the curtains close at his funeral don't we...

Due to Covid restrictions his funeral is only allowed 9 people for the service then 1 from the top and any other five at the commital

Houchens Head

Jockey Joe Mercer RIP First winner 1950 Last 1985. what a career
I was never a punter, but back in those days, jockeys were as well known to the public as football stars are today. Scobie Breasley, Willie Carson, Pat Eddery, Lester Piggott et al. I wouldn't know one jockey's name today.

rob9872

I was never a punter, but back in those days, jockeys were as well known to the public as football stars are today. Scobie Breasley, Willie Carson, Pat Eddery, Lester Piggott et al. I wouldn't know one jockey's name today.
I'll raise you a Frankie Detorri 😉

rob9872

Chris Chilton
RIP

Houchens Head

Chris Chilton
RIP
I feel quite bad now. He would have played for the city at the time of my era's best years, but I really couldn't recall his name. Had to Google who he was. RIP mate. 🥀

Irish Sky Blue

I feel quite bad now. He would have played for the city at the time of my era's best years, but I really couldn't recall his name. Had to Google who he was. RIP mate. 🥀
He came with quite a big reputation from his time at Hull but he never really looked the part with us. He did put in a memorable performance in a memorable match against the great Leeds team of the era. We won that game 3-0 and looked like a team of world beaters on the day. Unfortunately that was as good as it got that season for both City and Chris Chilton as the form of both team and player dipped. Noel Cantwell was sacked before the end of the season and Chilton was forced to retire with a back injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread