Death List 2021 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo1883

Had to turn TV/radio off. Whilst I don't consider myself a Royalist/Monarchist, I'm not necessarily 'anti'. But the overwrought fawning from some exceeding posh voiced commentators has already reached fever pitch.
I mean , he's the queen's husband .

Did you expect a brief " and in other news " and that's it

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Prince Philip dead???? MY GOD!!!! That was unexpected!!

Nick

Administrator
What I like is that nowadays companies, organisations are almost forced to make a statement on things like this because if they don't they get compared to those that do and people get outraged.

Ian1779

What I like is that nowadays companies, organisations are almost forced to make a statement on things like this because if they don't they get compared to those that do and people get outraged.
To be honest I’m pissed off it’s been nearly 2 hours and Greggs haven't released a statement.

Sbarcher

Obviously expected, everyone at the BBC has black clothing.Will be a good pre-run for the "Big One"

Reactions: vow

Skybluefaz

Ha ha yeah, I've noticed all the copy paste statements on twitter business accounts.

chiefdave

I'm not a fan of the mass grieving we seem to have for everything now. Probably mentioned it before but there seems to be a minutes silence at virtually every game these days. Sure years ago you could go whole seasons without having one.

Had the cricket on today from Edgbaston and they've got the flags at half mast, black armbands and have had a two minute silence. All at a game with no spectators for someone who, as far as I'm aware, has no connection to the club.

Not to say it isn't sad but its become like a competition to see how can be seen to be the most upset about everything and every company & organisation seem fearful of being criticised if they don't mention it.

Ian1779

Think really when all is said and done is just about showing some respect .

I don't think there is anything more too it
I agree - but people can also show respect by saying nothing. It’s barely been 2 hours and already the Daily Racist is speculating on whether Harry and Meghan will/should return for a funeral..

chiefdave

The BBC have cancelled all programming until 10am tomorrow to have rolling news coverage. Unless they're expecting him to rise from the dead that is over the top by anyone's standard. They've got a 24 hour rolling news channel if they really want to give it round the clock coverage.

Edit: its worse than I thought, they have the same coverage going on for hours on BBC 1, BBC2, BBC News and BBC Parliament.

rondog1973

I'm not a fan of the mass grieving we seem to have for everything now. Probably mentioned it before but there seems to be a minutes silence at virtually every game these days. Sure years ago you could go whole seasons without having one.

Had the cricket on today from Edgbaston and they've got the flags at half mast, black armbands and have had a two minute silence. All at a game with no spectators for someone who, as far as I'm aware, has no connection to the club.

Not to say it isn't sad but its become like a competition to see how can be seen to be the most upset about everything and every company & organisation seem fearful of being criticised if they don't mention it.
I hope the corner flags will be at half mast tomorrow.

skybluetony176

Think of the poor person who’s job it is to lower all the governments Union Jacks to half mast. That’s going to be like painting the Forth Bridge, by the time they get to the last one it will be time to start raising them again.

Otis

The BBC have cancelled all programming until 10am tomorrow to have rolling news coverage. Unless they're expecting him to rise from the dead that is over the top by anyone's standard. They've got a 24 hour rolling news channel if they really want to give it round the clock coverage.

Edit: its worse than I thought, they have the same coverage going on for hours on BBC 1, BBC2, BBC News and BBC Parliament.
It's ridiculous.

He is not the Queen.

oscillatewildly

If you attended games in the 1970's - early '80's there seemed to be half a dozen pre-match minute silences with both teams wearing arm bands for deceased committee members of either FA or FL, per season. Indicative of the practice of keeping dinosaurs on for the 'good' of the game.

chiefdave

Local Conservative group are delaying their weekly residents update until Monday 'out of respect'. Sure that will ease the Queens grief.

Evo1883

Exactly what I am doing. Netflix.

Either that, or be going through the endless list of racist comments he made over the years.

giphy.gif

Evo1883

Never liked the bloke because of all the racist things he has said.

Sad when people die and it's nice to pay respects, but he wasn't a bloke I will mourn over.
I don't think anybody has asked you to mourn to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread