Death List 2021 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo1883

There is a difference between people saying unkind things and poking fun at other people’s overreactions to the news.

Ah like suggesting you leave the cooker on at masterchef for Philip ?

Which was suggested earlier .

Not sure that's poking fun at anybodys reaction

Ian1779

Ah like suggesting you leave the cooker on at masterchef for Philip ?

Which was suggested earlier .

Not sure that's poking fun at anybodys reaction
Fair maybe on that one, but equally is it not a little OTT to cancel your entire broadcasting schedule because of this, especially when you already run a 24 hour news channel designed specifically for this purpose?

Evo1883

Fair maybe on that one, but equally is it not a little OTT to cancel your entire broadcasting schedule because of this, especially when you already run a 24 hour news channel designed specifically for this purpose?

Like I said Ian, watch some Netflix mate ,you will be fine

skybluetony176

A complicated man. One of the the people who started the WWF then went on a Tiger shoot.

Fought in the North Atlantic and the Med heroically yet was hated by the British press because he was considered an outsider (some things never change, ask Harry & Megan) and the described him as a a Nazi sympathiser because his estranged sisters married into the Nazis.

Couldn’t care either way when it comes to the royal family but it’s always sad when someone dies so some respect should be shown to him personally and his memory.

Johnnythespider

Gyles Brandreth now telling us the Queen is a muggle and Philip was more royal than her

Nick

Administrator
I wonder how many of these they will get through in the 24 hours rolling coverage?

“Do you still throw spears at each other?”
A question to an Indigenous elder during a Royal visit to Australia in 2002.

“If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.”
To a British exchange student studying in China.

“It looks as if it was put in by an Indian.”
Commenting on a dodgy fuse box at a factory in Scotland.

“I meant to say cowboys. I just got my cowboys and Indians mixed up.”
Clarifying his earlier remarks about the fuse box.

“How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”
Questioning of a Scottish driving instructor.

“You look as if you’re ready for the bed.”
Appraisal of the ceremonial robes the Nigerian secretary-general of the Commonwealth was wearing at a state dinner.

“If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it.”
Advice to a meeting of the World Wildlife Fund in 1986.

“Deaf? If you are near there, no wonder you are deaf.”
In 1999 to deaf people in Wales about a steel band.

“Well, you’ll never fly in it; you’re too fat to be an astronaut.”
Speaking to a 13-year-old while about the NOVA space craft on a 2001 visit to a Manchester university

“Do you know they have eating-dogs for the anorexic now?”
In 2002 to a blind woman and her guide dog.

“Do you work in a strip club?”
To Navy trainer Elizabeth Rendle.

“If you travel as much as we do you appreciate the improvements in aircraft design of less noise and more comfort – provided you don’t travel in something called economy class, which sounds ghastly.”
Discussing the evolution of air travel with the Aircraft Research Association.

“Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed.”
About the Thatcher era recession in Britain.
Some of them are actually pretty funny to be fair to him. Decent wit.

It's sad times that people are so precious. The angry sort have no humour.

Evo1883

I'm sure alot of people that moan about this kind of stuff day in day out are deeply flawed individuals themselves ... you won't know that ofcourse because on social media you're a pure ,unknown entity with an immaculate past 😅

That's why nobody takes them overly serious

Grendel

If Phillip had said “dash Brexit banning them Eastern Europe poor people, who the fuck will wash me blooming Land Rover” PVA would feel a lot more empathy towards him

PVA

If Phillip had said “dash Brexit banning them Eastern Europe poor people, who the fuck will wash me blooming Land Rover” PVA would feel a lot more empathy towards him

You still banging on about that made up story to try and mask your xenophobia? 😂 Unsurprising that you feel empathy towards him with your shared views.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for that shit.

PVA

I wonder if they've had this planned for ages or just cobbled it together quickly (probably the former) but Absolute Radio are just playing sad songs. Bit weird.

Some of the tracks played this afternoon include:

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
Hurt - Johnny Cash
Someone Like You - Adele
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Time Of Your Life - Green Day
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House

wingy

I'm sure alot of people that moan about this kind of stuff day in day out are deeply flawed individuals themselves ... you won't know that ofcourse because on social media you're a pure ,unknown entity with an immaculate past 😅

That's why nobody takes them overly serious
I'll bite then,in what way flawed?

Evo1883

He won't be getting a state funeral, according to one media outlet on social media ...

I guess with all that's going on , it makes sense

Tommo1993

Been saying all day on LBC he didn’t want a fuss when he died, didn’t wish for the state funeral he was entitled to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread