Death List 2021 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
And Uncle Albert (and how could anyone overlook Stan and Hilda's muriel ? ;) ).
It used to be a good comedy overall. Nowadays it's just one depressing nutter storyline after another. No idea what my dragon sees in it, but at least she's now abandoned the utter dross that is East Enders.
I'd forgotten Uncle Albert! I remember Jack, Annie's husband in the Rover's. And the bloke who worked with Len Fairclough (name escapes me), Bill Kenwright, the Everton Chairman, also played a part for a while. His character was (I think) Gordon Clegg?

Sbarcher

I'd forgotten Uncle Albert! I remember Jack, Annie's husband in the Rover's. And the bloke who worked with Len Fairclough (name escapes me), Bill Kenwright, the Everton Chairman, also played a part for a while. His character was (I think) Gordon Clegg?
Ray Langton.

Kneeza

Not forgetting his pivotal role in Carry on Matron. Lol.

Paul Anthony

Murray Walker, F1 commentator and former resident of our fair city.

That's a massive shame. So many legendary moments have his voice on them. A true national treasure.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which Immediately turn out to be wrong."

ovduk78

Just read on BBC that he had an advertising company and he personally came up with "Opal fruits made to make your mouth water". Great commentator especially with James Hunt who clearly loved what he did, RIP Murray

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
So sorry to hear this. At 97 it was probably to be expected but always a shock when the news hits you. RIP Murray. A true gent.

tisza

Bad weekend for sport.
Firstly Murray Walker quite literally the voice of a sport for so many years.
Now one of the greatest fighters of all time Marvelous Marvin Hagler passed at just 66. Destroyed several top British fighters in an illustrious career. Was a golden generation for middleweights.and the Leonard split decision which still gets argued about today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread