Death List 2020 (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Gutted to hear about Vera Lynn, I know it was on the cards, with her being 103. But it's almost like a link to the ww2 public spirit has finally gone.
R.I.P Vera.
I'd like to think I'm as patriotic as the next man, but I wonder how much longer we remember/celibrate start/finish/events of WW1 and WW2. I guess as they are still in recent memory with some still surviving we will carry on for sometime yet.
Remberance Day to remember those who we lost would be enough for me. After all, we have been at war with some nation for most of our history.

Terry Gibson's perm

BBC described it as shocking news. How shocked can you be that someone who is 103 has died?

I suppose if you’ve hardly done a days work in your life and lived a fairly comfortable time you should get a good run.

Brighton Sky Blue

tbf some people seem to have a fighting chance of being immortal!

OIP.iTW7gksuAVSBs_qPpKsblwHaEK

bringbackrattles

Read an article recently about famous alcoholics. And was shocked to see that the Queen Mother was a well known alcoholic. Bloody hell she lived to a hundred I think.

bringbackrattles

She once said to the bartenders at the palace bar "When you two old queens have finished talking this old queen would like a drink."
Read in the article even at 97 she smuggled bottles of gin into a hospital she was in. Reckon she started her day off early with a drink, and was well known as a piss head.

Terry Gibson's perm

And yet she did more for her country, and her generation, than you ever will!

Yep she sang a few songs and smiled at people and then lived off it for years, a little bit like an older version of Cliff Richard.

The only benefit of corona is that her funeral will be a low key affair or some of the mad folk would have been give her a massive funeral

clint van damme

There aren't many subjects that don't kick off arguments on here but I thought vera Lynne might be one!

Users who are viewing this thread