Death List 2020 (3 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

Willie Thorne, fell into respiratory failure last night. Had been fighting cancer.

skyblue1991

Bob the cat who helped heroin addict James Bowen recover. A subsequent book and film called A Streetcat Named Bob was produced

upload_2020-6-17_9-27-45.jpeg

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Looks like Willie's going for the long rest.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I was surprised Willie Thorne was only 66 - i had him down as that in about 1988 - probably the premature baldness and crippling Lestah accent! Good chap though. Will be missed.
Same here. I always linked him with the players such as Cliff Thorburn, Ray Reardon, Alex Higgins et al. I'd guessed he was in the late age 70's bracket. I now find out he was younger than me!

bringbackrattles

Same here. I always linked him with the players such as Cliff Thorburn, Ray Reardon, Alex Higgins et al. I'd guessed he was in the late age 70's bracket. I now find out he was younger than me!
Houch, do you look through the obituaries in the paper like I do to see if you're in there ? A customer said to me the other day " I thought you'd snuffed it seeing you haven't been around for ages." Charming !

bringbackrattles

I'd not heard it but it made me smile.
Many years ago I worked with a lad who had his obituary put in the CET.
As you'd expect he was a bit pissed off but he was a twat to be fair so he'd obviously upset someone.
I think it was a Ken Dodd joke ? The Old ones are the best. A favourite has to be one from the great WC Fields who was a depressive alcoholic but very funny.
He said :" I get up every morning and smile, get it over with." We've all felt like that !

bringbackrattles

I'd not heard it but it made me smile.
Many years ago I worked with a lad who had his obituary put in the CET.
As you'd expect he was a bit pissed off but he was a twat to be fair so he'd obviously upset someone.
WC Fields quoted this poignant message about himself : " I'm free of all prejudices, I hate everyone equally. " At least he was honest !

Terry Gibson's perm

I can’t wait to see what my dad says about Vera Lynn finally going he really disliked her and always wondered how somebody could live such a great life on the back of what she produced.

Users who are viewing this thread