Death List 2020 (2 Viewers)

ajsccfc

Almost certain it's been made up, I follow his account and you wouldn't really see anything that wasn't either basketball or positive messages so it'd be a bizarre departure from his usual output.

Otis

He was the biggest name in the sport for the years between probably Shaq and now LeBron (who had just passed his scoring record the day before), massive shock this.
Well, I've heard of those two. Not this guy though.

duffer

I was only telling my girlfriend last night that if I ever got rich I'd never fly about in a helicopter all the time.

I know planes can be dodgy but if the engine goes on a plane they can glide for 100 miles or so and even land on water whereas a helicopter will just drop out of the sky and explode on impact like a big retarded metal pigeon.

If you’ve got sufficient altitude then helicopters can kind of glide, it’s called auto-rotation iirc. But yes, lots and lots of very fast moving parts and ejection seats are tricky. :)

I’d still love to have enough money to learn to fly one though.

ajsccfc

Well, I've heard of those two. Not this guy though.

Not a great surprise really, while he was the best player he didn't quite have the celebrity of someone like Shaq or Jordan who enjoyed name recognition among even the most casual circles. Dennis Rodman similarly would be far better known generally than better players of the time

Corrado

If you’ve got sufficient altitude then helicopters can kind of glide, it’s called auto-rotation iirc. But yes, lots and lots of very fast moving parts and ejection seats are tricky. :)

Why has no one invented a parachute that shoots out the centre of the rotor blades?

Otis

Not a great surprise really, while he was the best player he didn't quite have the celebrity of someone like Shaq or Jordan who enjoyed name recognition among even the most casual circles. Dennis Rodman similarly would be far better known generally than better players of the time
Yep, heard of Rodman too.

Otis

I do like the idea of an ejector seat.

Maybe I will take my missus up in one for my birthday.

Gazolba

It was supposedly dated about 2 hours before the crash. Just "he" had information that could get hillary arrested. Even last night conspiracy theorists going on about it being to take focus away from the impeachment hearings, the grammys celebrity death theory, etc.
Ongoing theme for conspiracy theorists is mess with the Clintons and you'll end up dying.
<snip>.
If you read about all the Clinton enemies who had unfortunate 'accidents', disappeared, or 'commited suicide' it makes pretty sobering reading.
Not saying there's any connection in this case though.

Corrado

They turned off the engine while the helicopter was just hovering in perfect conditions and it still ended up landing on it's side. I can't imagine many helicopter crashes happen like this so I'm out.
Yes it landed on its side whilst hitting the ground at minimal speed - and didn’t burst into flames! It’s better then having fuck all back up

fellatio_Martinez

Yes it landed on its side whilst hitting the ground at minimal speed - and didn’t burst into flames! It’s better then having fuck all back up

I'd imagine adding something else to a helicopter is just another thing that can go wrong. What if it misfires on a flight and the parachute gets caught in the rotors?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd imagine adding something else to a helicopter is just another thing that can go wrong. What if it misfires on a flight and the parachute gets caught in the rotors?
Ejector seats instead of a parachute? :emoji_thinking:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Nicholas Parsons. He was a smashing bloke. When I was in hospital many year ago in London, Nicolas Parson lived next door and he would come in to the wards and say hello to us now and again, just because he wanted to. And if we walked past his house and he was in the front garden, he would always stop gardening and have a quick chat. Smashing character. RIP :emoji_cry:

richnrg

Nicholas Parsons. He was a smashing bloke. When I was in hospital many year ago in London, Nicolas Parson lived next door and he would come in to the wards and say hello to us now and again, just because he wanted to. And if we walked past his house and he was in the front garden, he would always stop gardening and have a quick chat. Smashing character. RIP :emoji_cry:
repetition

fellatio_Martinez

When my dad was younger he worked in construction. One day he was going about his business when someone parked a big fancy Rolls Royce on a street clearly coned off for work. The driver got out and walked off. My dad yelled at him "Hey, you can't park here. We need this street cleared" None other than Nicolas Parsons spun around, threw the Rolls Royce keys to my dad and said "Not to worry old bean, move her if you must" then strode off never to be seen again.

ajsccfc

'BBC Radio 4's Just A Minute is a long-running and popular panel game where guests are asked to speak for a full minute on a single subject without hesitation, deviation or repetition'

Sbarcher

When my dad was younger he worked in construction. One day he was going about his business when someone parked a big fancy Rolls Royce on a street clearly coned off for work. The driver got out and walked off. My dad yelled at him "Hey, you can't park here. We need this street cleared" None other than Nicolas Parsons spun around, threw the Rolls Royce keys to my dad and said "Not to worry old bean, move her if you must" then strode off never to be seen again.
So, is that what your old fella told the police how a Roller came into his possession?

Users who are viewing this thread