Death List 2020 (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Just noticed your new avatar, clint. Can't post a 'like' for your clog popping comment (nothing personal, just don't want to 'like' peeps shuffling off) but deffo a 'like' for the image.

No what you mean. Sometimes someone posts something quite sad or tragic that you really empathise with or which resonates but a like doesn't seem appropriate.

bringbackrattles

For the record, BBC News says TBT died WITH coronavirus. They are very careful in their wording at the moment. In other words, he may have tested positive, but it's not necessarily the direct cause of his death.

It's very sad no matter what.
Everybody who dies now it seems dies from this virus. Not from a bad heart or cancer or long term illness. I saw on Twitter the other day a family saying their father had serious ill health for years and didnt die from Corona virus as was stated. Not saying people havent contracted the virus, but am starting to think the stats don't add up ?

Gazolba

Tim Brooke-Taylor. 79. Coronavirus.
The man who almost became one of the Monty Python troupe.
What a great name though, just rolls off the tongue.

Mcbean

Peter Bonetti was my hero so very sad - had a pic on my wall along side David Bowie - before we moved to Cov i was a Chelsea supporter as we lived closeby and my mother ( yes a sports nut) often took me - was so disappointed with his world cup performance - when we moved here it seemed only right to support and go to a local team that was in 87 - season ticket since

Gazolba

Peter Bonetti was my hero so very sad - had a pic on my wall along side David Bowie - before we moved to Cov i was a Chelsea supporter as we lived closeby and my mother ( yes a sports nut) often took me - was so disappointed with his world cup performance - when we moved here it seemed only right to support and go to a local team that was in 87 - season ticket since
Back-up for Gordon Banks at the 1966 World Cup.
When finally called upon in the 1970 World Cup, let in 3 goals as England lost a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to West Germany.
Never played for England again.
Game highlights:

Last edited:

shmmeee

Everybody who dies now it seems dies from this virus. Not from a bad heart or cancer or long term illness. I saw on Twitter the other day a family saying their father had serious ill health for years and didnt die from Corona virus as was stated. Not saying people havent contracted the virus, but am starting to think the stats don't add up ?

You can tell from the comparison of “normal” amount of deaths to what we’re seeing that thousands of people are dying who wouldn’t otherwise. The exact cause of death isn’t really relevant. The danger was never solely from CV.

Mcbean

Back-up for Gordon Banks at the 1966 World Cup.
When finally called upon in the 1970 World Cup, let in 3 goals as England lost a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 to West Germany.
Never played for England again.
Game highlights:

Oh dear !

chiefdave

You can tell from the comparison of “normal” amount of deaths to what we’re seeing that thousands of people are dying who wouldn’t otherwise. The exact cause of death isn’t really relevant. The danger was never solely from CV.
Exactly, if you're looking at the overall impact you're only going to get that for comparing an average year with this year. How many people will die sooner than they would in normal circumstances as they no longer have access to things like cancer treatment for example.

Gazolba

Exactly, if you're looking at the overall impact you're only going to get that for comparing an average year with this year. How many people will die sooner than they would in normal circumstances as they no longer have access to things like cancer treatment for example.
A lot less people must be dying in road accidents since there are fewer cars on the roads.

chiefdave

A lot less people must be dying in road accidents since there are fewer cars on the roads.
Which is exactly why you need to look at overall death figures and compare them to other years. You will then see the overall impact coronavirus has on deaths.

OffenhamSkyBlue

OK, so there were c. 16,000 total deaths in the UK (or it might be England and Wales) in the week ending 3rd April, which they say is a record week (records only began in 2005, mind you). The previous high was in January 2015, which was a particularly bad year for seasonal flu (despite no active pandemics). The high figure happening in April is only an outlier from "normal" years due to Covid-19 pandemic happening much much later than the normal winter deaths (they stop measuring flu deaths on 31st March each year). "Only" 3.5k of that week's deaths were attributed to Covid-19. I suspect these figures will go up given the daily reports this week.
Sorry, i forget where i was going with that. But what @shmmeee says is right - a hell of a lot of people die every week from all sorts of stuff.

Mcbean

On about care home deaths this morning - seems difficulties in identifying some of those with regard to Covid in February so difficult to draw a comparison - what they should do is continue with their benchmark and add the registered care home deaths from a certain point that is fixed - likely this will be tricky notwithstanding there will be a lot of families who have lost loved ones for other reasons but complicated by Covid19 -

our thoughts are with those who can’t visit and those who are in places with unknown people facing end of life times and thanks go to those who offer care at this time

Sky Blue Pete

Someone was telling me that in lockdown the us death stats are much better as criminals aren’t going out and shooting people dead. Not investigated the truth of it yet

clint van damme

Someone was telling me that in lockdown the us death stats are much better as criminals aren’t going out and shooting people dead. Not investigated the truth of it yet

I read that last month was the first March since 2002 that there hasn't been a school shooting.

Gazolba

I read that last month was the first March since 2002 that there hasn't been a school shooting.
All the schools are closed, so there wouldn't be any would there.

Users who are viewing this thread